2018-19 Laval Rocket & ECHL Thread (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

In their inaugural season, the Newfoundland Growlers (Maple Leafs affiliate) win the 2019 Kelly Cup, awarded to the ECHL Champions.

They beat the Toledo Walleye (Red Wings affiliate) 4-2 in the Finals.

IceCapsFanNL

Nov 1, 2011
St. John's
So the Laval Rocket at the moment consist of:

Forwards
Jake Evans
Lukas Vejdemo
Nick Suzuki (if he doesn't crack the Habs line-up)
Ryan Poehling (if he doesn't crack the Habs line-up)
Joel Teasdale
Hayden Verbeek
Alexandre Alain
Michael Pezzetta
Antoine Waked
Alex Belzile (NHL contract)
Nikita Jevpalovs (AHL contract)

Defense
Noah Juulsen (if he doesn't crack the Habs line-up)
Josh Brook
Cale Fleury
Xavier Ouellet
Otto Leskinen
David Sklenicka
Karl Alzner (if they keep him and send him back to Laval)
Maxim Lamarche (AHL contract)
Ryan Culkin (AHL contract)

Goaltenders
Cayden Primeau
Michael McNiven
Charlie Lindgren (if he doesn't crack the Habs as a back-up)

Not a soul from the 2016-2017 IceCaps, except for Lindgren. That's a lot of change

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Not a soul from the 2016-2017 IceCaps, except for Lindgren. That's a lot of change

Juulsen is with the Habs.

Lernout, Hudon, McCarron and Audette are RFA with a very uncertain future. Some could be back.

Barberio, Andrighetto (though might KHL) and De la Rose are in the NHL elsewhere.

Crisp, Parisi, Danis and Pitton retired.

Terry, Veilleux, Carr, Farnham, Grégoire, Matteau, Redmond, Samuelsson, Lowe, Didier and Hanley are in the AHL elsewhere.

Scherbak will play in the KHL next year.

Camara (well in 19-20), Petti (though is team got relegated to Allvenskan for 19-20), Friberg and Johnston are in the SHL.

Broll, Fucale, Maclean, John McCarron, Macmillan and Racine are in the ECHL.

Eisenschmid is in the DEL.

Brouillette is in the LNAH.

Ranger will play in France.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

Adams-Moisan and Cox signed to 1-Year 2-Way AHL deals

I'm happy they're bringing Cox back as ECHL depth. He was a good spare wheel at the end of last season and this makes sure he won't get snagged first by another team hit with injuries/trades. Adams-Moisan is meh but if he makes Bouchard happy and doesn't play much AHL, fine.

Reactions: montreal

habsprospects

Nov 24, 2003
Sherbrooke, QC
habsprospects.com
Laval's media team have no consistency, Culkin was announced on Instragram/Facebook, Cox/Moisan was announced on Instagram/Facebook & Twitter (in French only) and there is nothing about the 3 signings on the website.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Bryukvin, who was linked to an AHL contract for Laval, signed to stay in the KHL. The extension was actually signed a month ago.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Laval's media team have no consistency, Culkin was announced on Instragram/Facebook, Cox/Moisan was announced on Instagram/Facebook & Twitter (in French only) and there is nothing about the 3 signings on the website.

Yea. It's a little all over the place. I accidentally fell on the Ryan Culkin extension after it happened. I don't have the habit to check Instagram, so I missed it. I don't recall how I came upon it. But as soon as I saw it, I posted it on the Habs' Offseason Thread.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Olofsson extended for one year. Laval's defense slowly shaping up to be solid. Hopefully Olofsson will be healthy enough to be a factor.

Ouellet - Brook
Olofsson - Fleury
Leskinen - Lamarche
Sklenicka

Reactions: WinterLion

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009

Olofsson extended for one year. Laval's defense slowly shaping up to be solid. Hopefully Olofsson will be healthy enough to be a factor.

Ouellet - Brook
Olofsson - Fleury
Leskinen - Lamarche
Sklenicka

Maybe Lernout as well?
What about Alzner? if they don't buy him out he will be there no?

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Maybe Lernout as well?
What about Alzner? if they don't buy him out he will be there no?

If Alzner isn't bought out or traded, then we should count him as part of Laval's d-corps.

Lernout will need to be signed. But with a lot of depth on the left in Laval, it would be good to have some on the right, as well.

On the left they had Ouellet, Olofsson, Leskinen, Alzner, Sklenicka and Culkin.

In the right: Brook, Fleury, and Lamarche. Maybe Juulsen too if he doesn't crack the Habs line-up. And he is waivers exempt. So maybe keeping Lernout for some AHL depth.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Would rather have Tyszka then Olofsson since he's had so many shoulder injuries but then again it's not like Tyszka hasn't had a number of injuries as well.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Every level he has high goal scoring totals. As good as Brook, Juulsen and Fleury are for RD in the system, none of them are goal scorers - a triggerman once Weber is gone is necessary.

Fleury is a bit of a goal scorer, he was on pace for just about 12 this year (9 in 60) he's got a big shot for sure. Subban had 18 in his rookie year with Hamilton. Brook doesn't have a big shot but he knows how to get it on net, it will be very interesting to see how many goals he scorers in laval next year.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I guess it's also safe to say Habs won't be signing Samuel Harvey as some of us have wanted.

he didn't look impressive in the Memorial Cup, guess they feel like LaCouvee is good depth. I would have tried to sign Hawkey as I think he can be better then LaCouvee but he might not want to sign with a team that has Price and Primeau

Reactions: Adam Michaels

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
LaCouvee is back, so we are loaded with goalies.

Sounds like Audette won't be back, which I expected.
Interesting that Laval signed him considering McNiven and Primeau would likely be there. Then again they might move one of the two to the ECHL to allow both to get tons of starts.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Interesting that Laval signed him considering McNiven and Primeau would likely be there. Then again they might move one of the two to the ECHL to allow both to get tons of starts.

I assume Primeau the starter and either McNiven backs him up or he goes to the ECHL. I would think he'll back up Primeau but we'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad