2018-19 Laval Rocket & ECHL Thread (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doxinoctae

Dec 16, 2018
He was our best player in the AHL first year, why wouldn't you play him on the first line he earned it and I'm sure he will be better because he probably learned alot. This is a good way to ruin prospects
I don't think that Teasdale gonna ruin Evans at all. Kids need to see others side of situation. As a young «vets» Evans and Jevpalovs can benefit from the fresh year of Teasdale. And always remember those line-up tend to evolve trought the season. here i'm showing the camp situation / probability.

Habs4Life

Aug 29, 2003
Saint John, NB
I don't think that Teasdale gonna ruin Evans at all. Kids need to see others side of situation. As a young «vets» Evans and Jevpalovs can benefit from the fresh year of Teasdale. And always remember those line-up tend to evolve trought the season. here i'm showing the camp situation / probability.
Yours missing the point anyways lol

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
The top two teams in the North Division (Laval's division) were eliminated in the first round of the Calder Cup Playoffs. Syracuse (Lightning) finished first and Rochester (Sabres) finished second. Syracuse lost to Cleveland (Jackets) and Rochester was swept by Toronto.

Funny to see Columbus sweep first place overall Tampa in the NHL and their affiliates faced each other in the AHL playoffs, as well, with the Blue Jackets' affiliate beating the 2nd overall Lightning affiliate. So between the two series, Blue Jackets won 7-1.

Cleveland will face Toronto in the Divison Finals. Toronto is defending their Calder Cup Championship from last year.

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Finally should ice a decent roster,looking forward to how they will perform. With the trickle;e down effect,even the E should get a bolster.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Any chance to see Brooks/Teasdale/Suzuki/Poehling/Ylonen in Laval next year?

Brook, Teasdale, Suzuki, and Poehling, yes. But it also depends how well they do at camp and the possibility that they start in Montreal. But those four, there is a good chance we will see them in Laval next season.

Ylönen will stay another year in Finland and then make the jump to North America. I would say the same for Ikonen (who just signed for another year in KalPa). I think both Finns will play in Liiga one more year and then come over here.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Man didn't realize but Grenier has been awful considering his usual stats in AHL.

Yea, he had a tough year. Although at some point, before his injury, he started to string together more consistent performances. Which is why I wouldn't mind if they bring him back. He was an AHL All-Star the year before they signed him. So I'd be surprised if he has another bad year. He should be better next year.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
I could see something like that next year

Audette/XX -Poehling - Evans
XX - Suzuki - McCarron
Teasdale - Vejdemo - Alain
Pezzetta - Verbeek - Weise

Ouellet - Fleury
Alzner - Brook
Olofsson - Walford

Primeau
McNiven

XX = Free agent ( Guys like Froese Chaput Grenier Agostino) or a guy that we get in a trade vs Peca

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
I could see something like that next year

Audette/XX -Poehling - Evans
XX - Suzuki - McCarron
Teasdale - Vejdemo - Alain
Pezzetta - Verbeek - Weise

Ouellet - Fleury
Alzner - Brook
Olofsson - Walford

Primeau
McNiven

XX = Free agent ( Guys like Froese Chaput Grenier Agostino) or a guy that we get in a trade vs Peca

That forward line-up is too weak, especially if it's Audette in the top 6. As soon as injury/call-up happens, it's a repeat of last year.

Hudon/XX - Evans - Belzile (Older line that can lead the offence)
Peca/Deslauriers/XX -Poehling - Suzuki (The shiny duo with a vet presence)
Teasdale - McCarron - Weise (Physical line that can score)
Jevpalovs/Bryukvin/Audette/XX - Vejdemo - Alain (Two-way line)
Martineau/Cox
ECHL: Pezzetta, Verbeek

Roll 4 lines. Pezzetta plays before Martineau/Cox if an injury occurs and he has time to come. Guarantee Vejdemo/Alain gets into the top 9 at some point in the year when vets get promoted/traded or Evans/Poehling/Suzuki gets a cup of tea at the NHL level. Bold are unsigned.

Reactions: Vachon23

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
That forward line-up is too weak, especially if it's Audette in the top 6. As soon as injury/call-up happens, it's a repeat of last year.

Hudon/XX - Evans - Belzile (Older line that can lead the offence)
Peca/Deslauriers/XX -Poehling - Suzuki (The shiny duo with a vet presence)
Teasdale - McCarron - Weise (Physical line that can score)
Jevpalovs/Bryukvin/Audette/XX - Vejdemo - Alain (Two-way line)
Martineau/Cox
ECHL: Pezzetta, Verbeek

Roll 4 lines. Pezzetta plays before Martineau/Cox if an injury occurs and he has time to come. Guarantee Vejdemo/Alain gets into the top 9 at some point in the year when vets get promoted/traded or Evans/Poehling/Suzuki gets a cup of tea at the NHL level. Bold are unsigned.

Completely forgot Belzile my bad

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
The advantage of teams with a budget. Ensuring they can offer deals that can turn many teams off from claiming someone. Even with Peca at $1.3M, that deal didn't hinder the cap or a roster spot. And if he does indeed clear waivers, almost his entire cap comes off the books. And he'd be great for Laval.

That Laval team is going to be a treat to watch next year.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
I guess that means one of Ouellette or Olofsson is not coming back. My guess would be Ouellette.
I'd be unhappy. Ouellet is a great leader for Laval and the best offensive weapon they have on the back end.
Ouellet-Fleury
Alzner - Brook
Leskinen - Lamarche
Olofsson,Culkin maybe Walford and/or Tyzska

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
I'd be unhappy. Ouellet is a great leader for Laval and the best offensive weapon they have on the back end.
Ouellet-Fleury
Alzner - Brook
Leskinen - Lamarche
Olofsson,Culkin maybe Walford and/or Tyzska
You forgot about Sklenicka. He's still under contract. I doubt Olofsson is so low on the depth chart. When acquired, he was considered a NHL quality player, albeit derailed by injuries and stuck behind Minnesotas' deep blueline. Sort of like Kulak. I'd expect him to be qualified if he's healthy, and there will be a regular spot for him in Laval.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
You forgot about Sklenicka. He's still under contract. I doubt Olofsson is so low on the depth chart. When acquired, he was considered a NHL quality player, albeit derailed by injuries and stuck behind Minnesotas' deep blueline. Sort of like Kulak. I'd expect him to be qualified if he's healthy, and there will be a regular spot for him in Laval.

Ouellet-Fleury
Alzner - Brook
Leskinen - Olofsson
Lamarche, Sklenicka,Culkin maybe Walford and/or Tyzska

Problem fixed. Injuries and call-up happens. Especially in the AHL, you need 7+ top 6 D to make up for the NHL factor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad