2018-19 KEY INFO and DATES: Scheds, camp, salary cap, TV, media, 2019 draft picks, more

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Why don’t they do more Friday games? I think I saw 3 on the whole schedule.

I don't know about the current schedules with the NBA but traditionally Friday was (is) a popular night for that league across the markets. With teams sharing facilities, depending on who had the control in an individual market, the requests made in advance in scheduling usually gave deference to the sport some of which was based on local and even national broadcasts. Also, there are other events within the arenas and Friday can be a popular night for such things as concerts.

Last edited:

Ernest95

Jul 10, 2015
Philly
I don't know about the current schedules with the NBA but traditionally Friday was (is) a popular night for that league across the markets. With teams sharing facilities, depending on who had the control in an individual market, the requests made in advance in scheduling usually gave deference to the sport some of which was based on local and even national broadcasts. Also, there are other events within the arenas and Friday can be a popular night for such things as concerts.
Thank you, I completely forgot about the concerts. I work down that way so I should know better . Makes sense though, thanks!

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004

We are getting married across the street from the stadiums on a Friday in October, we are not huge basketball fans but have been waiting for the nba schedule to come out just to hope there isn't a game on our date but got a feeling theres no way they wont have something going on in the stadium on a Friday.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Is Sons of Penn defunct?

I know Ryan Gilbert, who was running the show, left to work for NBC Sports in New England I think.

The Twitter account hasn't tweeted in a month and the websites don't load

Alex91

Sep 12, 2014
I renewed my Rogers GC account. Anyone know what changes they plan on making this year? Also my work blocked the NHL app and website. Anyone use a good VPN for apple or a website proxy?

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
TRAINING CAMP AND ROOKIE CAMP INFORMATION

TRAINING CAMP ROSTER:

ROOKIE CAMP ROSTER:

Bill Meltzer has a daily activity schedule posted within his HockeyBuzz column:

On Friday, the Flyers announced their on-ice schedule and rosters for the upcoming rookie camp and full-team training camp. As always, the sessions are free and open to the public. The on-ice schedule is as follows:

ROOKIE CAMP

Mon. Sept 10: 11 AM (Skate Zone, Voorhees)
Tue. Sept 11: 11 AM (Skate Zone, Voorhees)
Wed. Sept 12: Practice at 10 AM (Voorhees), Rookie Game at 6 p.m. (East Meadow, NY).

This year's Rookie Game will be streamed live on the New York Islanders' website. The Flyers website will likely pick up the Islanders' stream, but will not have a separate broadcast.

A PDF of the Rookie Camp roster can be downloaded here.

TRAINING CAMP

Training camp starts in Voorhees on Friday with 58 players slated to attend. All are Flyers or Phantoms affiliated players. There are no PTO players invited. On the first two days, players will divided into two groups. A PDF of the camp-opening roster is available here.

FRI Sept 14: 9:15 AM (Group 1), 12:15 PM (Group 2)
SAT Sept 15: 9:15 AM (Group 1), 12:15 PM (Group 2)

The Flyers will be staging a variety of attractions on Saturday in conjunction with the on-ice sessions. Games and activities will be set up inside and outside SkateZone, including a photo booth and concessions from Dunkin Donuts and Dietz & Watson. There will also be giveaways to fans in attendance.

SUN Sept 16: Scrimmage for game non-participants (8:30 AM, Voorhees), preseason game @ NYI (1 PM, Nassau Coliseum)

MON Sept 17: Morning skate for game participants (10 AM, Voorhees), Practice for game non-participants (noon, Voorhees), preseason game vs. NYI (7 PM, Wells Fargo Center).

TUE Sept 18: Morning skate for game participants (10 AM, Voorhees), Practice for game non-participants (noon, Voorhees), preseason game @ NYI (7 PM, Barclays Center).

Wed Sept 19: Practice for game non-participants (11 AM, Voorhees), preseason game @ NYR (7 PM, Madison Square Garden).

THU Sept 20: Off-day

FRI Sept 21: Morning Skate TBA, preseason game vs. NYI (7 PM, PPL Center, Allentown, PA)

SAT Sept 22: TBA

SUN Sept 23: TBA

MON Sept 24: Morning skate TBA, preseason game vs BOS (7 PM, Wells Fargo Center)

TUE Sept 25: TBA

WED Sept 26: TBA

THU Sept 27: Morning skate TBA, preseason game vs. NYR (7 PM, Wells Fargo Center)

FRI Sept 28: TBA

SAT Sept 29: Final preseason game @ BOS (7 PM, TD Garden)​

Last edited:

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Is Sons of Penn defunct?

I know Ryan Gilbert, who was running the show, left to work for NBC Sports in New England I think.

The Twitter account hasn't tweeted in a month and the websites don't load

There is one comment since late July and that was regarding the injury to MacDonald posted earlier this week. No comments regarding rookie camp is an indication that the site could be in flux; however, it is at least active.

Sons of Penn (@SonsofPenn) | Twitter

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

RkSR.gif

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
What is with pretty much all the home Saturday games being at 1pm? That seems like a conscious decision I am just curious as to why.

I enjoy afternoon games but am kinda bummed there wont be that many Sat night games this year.

orangecrush8

May 21, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
What is with pretty much all the home Saturday games being at 1pm? That seems like a conscious decision I am just curious as to why.

I enjoy afternoon games but am kinda bummed there wont be that many Sat night games this year.
I HATE this and will likely now record games to watch in the evening. I assume the Sixers get all the night games.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I just read on Twitter than Therien got let go by NBC Philly. Ditching the 3rd analyst or will there be a replacement?

I'm probably the only one on here who doesn't hate him in this role (which is odd in itself), so I am sorry to see him go. I wouldn't be surprised if this is a money-saving move.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I just read on Twitter than Therien got let go by NBC Philly.

80d21acd6fd8f3e0383efe6ddb2ac19e21612341.gif

Ditching the 3rd analyst or will there be a replacement?

Should just get rid of Keith Jones too, then hire Brian Boucher full time. Mike Johnson has absolutely nothing to do with the Flyers, but I could listen to him easily.

I'm sure whoever they hire between the glass will stink. My bet is on Susan Sarandon.

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
Idk if there’s an error on the defensemen part of the Development Camp, but is Noah Cates a Dman? I thought he was a winger.

Alex91

Sep 12, 2014
I’m going to post the top 30 prospect poll results in my next comment so it’s easy to find

Alex91

Sep 12, 2014
1. Frost, Morgan - 84%
2. Myers, Phil - 79%
3. Farabee, Joel - 85%
4. O'Brien, Jay - 42%
5. Allison, Wade - 42%
6. Ratcliffe, Isaac - 59%
7. Morin, Sam - 39%
8. Rubtsov, German - 47%
9. Vorobyev, Mikhail - 84%
10. Laczynski, Tanner - 49%
11. Aube-Kubel, Nicolas - 66%
12. Kase, David - 26%
13. Linus Hogberg - 32%
14. Friedman, Mark - 22%
15. Strome, Matthew - 29%
16. Lycksell, Olle - 34%
17. Ginning, Adam - 25%
18. Cates, Noah - 47%
19. Sushko, Maxim - 43%
20. Kalynuk, Wyatt - 54%
21. Bunnaman, Connor - 27%
22. Laberge, Pascal - 33%
23. Bernhardt, David - 45%
24. Twarynski, Carson - 38%
25. St. Ivany, Jack - 57%
26. Wylie, Wyatte - 33%
27. Westfalt, Marcus - 56%
28. Martel, Danick - 73%
29. Hain, Gavin - 50%
30. Vasiliev, Valeri - 49%

Reactions: BernieParent

Icedog2735

Aug 19, 2006
Stratford, CT
Wasn't sure which thread to post this in but does anyone have an idea about when the Stadium Series jerseys will be released, or heard any details about them? Last time around it was Dec. 10; don't know if any STH's have any info from reps. I know at the last forum they confirmed that there would be a jersey and that's about it. Don't know if anyone has any other details or speculation. Thanks!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad