2018-19 KEY DATES: scheds, camp, salary cap, media, 2018 draft picks

Status
Not open for further replies.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
^ Good stuff.

Here is the broadcast schedule (released Sept. 5):

https://www.nhl.com/flyers/news/fly...ast-schedule--philadelphia-flyers/c-290854930

The Philadelphia Flyers, in conjunction with broadcast partners CSN Philadelphia and Beasley Broadcasting Group, today announced their local broadcast schedule for the 2017-18 season.

The Flyers will have 72 of their games televised locally in the Philadelphia market this season. Of those games, 62 will air on CSN Philadelphia, with the remaining 10 airing on The Comcast Network. CSN Philadelphia and The Comcast Network will re-brand to NBC Sports Philadelphia and NBC Sports Philadelphia+, respectively, on October 2.

Ten Flyers games will be exclusively televised to a national audience this season. The team will appear six times on the NBC Sports Network, including the season opener at San Jose on October 4. The Flyers will be seen four times on NBC - once in January and three times in the final three weeks of the season.

In addition, the Flyers' three preseason games at the Wells Fargo Center will be televised locally - Sept. 26 vs. the New York Rangers and Oct. 1 vs. the New York Islanders will be on TCN, while Sept. 28 vs. Boston will be seen on CSN.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
They ran a pre-launch promo, not sure what the price is now for it.

If you put in your email, I think you can get it for the year for $48.

If not its $60 for the year.

And you get everything, all cities, all national writers.

It's a solid deal.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
The Flyers and Islanders' web sites list the September 17 game as 1:00 p.m. ET start time. The broadcast schedule lists the game at 7:00 p.m. ET start time.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
As we surmised earlier in this thread, the 15th is the date...

https://www.nhl.com/flyers/news/fly...september-15--philadelphia-flyers/c-290900918

The Philadelphia Flyers will open their 2017 training camp on Friday, September 15 with on-ice sessions at The Virtua Center Flyers Skate Zone in Voorhees, NJ, according to general manager Ron Hextall.

A total of 61 players are currently scheduled to attend training camp (37 forwards, 17 defensemen, seven goaltenders). Throughout the first five days of camp, the Flyers will split into two groups for on-ice workouts. On the opening two days, Sept. 15 and 16, Group 1 will take the ice from 9:45 to 11:30 AM and Group 2 will skate from 1:15 to 3:00 PM.

The Flyers will open their exhibition slate on Sunday, Sept. 17 with a game against the New York Islanders at Nassau Coliseum. Group 1 will skate that day from 10:15 to noon and Group 2 will skate from 11:45 to 1:30. The first two days' ice times will then be in effect on September 18 and 19 leading into the team's split squad games on September 20 vs. the Islanders, on which morning ice times are still to be determined.

Prior to main camp, the Flyers will hold a Rookie Camp on Sept. 11, 12 and 13 ahead of their Rookie Game vs. the Islanders at the Wells Fargo Center on Sept. 13. Practices are scheduled for 10 AM both days (subject to change).The morning skate time on Sept. 13 is to be determined.

All on-ice sessions at Virtua Center Flyers Skate Zone are free and open to the public. Updated on-ice schedules at Voorhees past the first weekend of camp can be found at PhiladelphiaFlyers.com or on the official Flyers Twitter account. All scheduled ice times at Voorhees are subject to change without notice.

Roster: https://nhl.bamcontent.com/images/assets/binary/290903130/binary-file/file.pdf

Last edited:

djw99

Feb 18, 2006
I've noticed nhl.com has streamed some of the rookie games. What are the chances the game on the 13th is streamed online?

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
I've noticed nhl.com has streamed some of the rookie games. What are the chances the game on the 13th is streamed online?

It is possible but not confirmed. IIRC, a couple or so years ago, there were imperfections in the attempt but the show went on. My guess is that there will be a serious attempt made and we will hear one way or another tomorrow.

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
Guys, not sure if it will be shown. I don't think it will be blacked out because CSN isn't doing the game. Thursday game

9/21 Flyers @ Bruins is listed for NHL network, NESN this might be our first chance to see the flyers.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
The first post has been updated and changed where necessary due to the recent migration. All the links should be in working order again.

Reactions: Foggy14

FLYERSG

Sep 27, 2014
Just arrived for the game and carnival. Does anyone have an extra giroux ticket or can I please buy one off someone? Currently have a coots and jake but really want my authentic signed. I’m willing to trade 2 for 1 if need be

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
The carnival is on CSN and Couturier and Konecny were the first two players interviewed. TK seems very upbeat.

Now it’s Sanheim.

Now they’re interviewing Filppula’s wife Jordan, and Weal’s girlfriend, Brooke Knowlton. Weal’s lady looks like she’s taller than him, and I think she played college soccer for BC. They put together player-specific gift baskets.

Jake says let’s be honest, they should have won yesterday, and they can’t keep blowing 2 goal leads.

Last edited:

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
The carnival is on CSN and Couturier and Konecny were the first two players interviewed.

Now it’s Sanheim.

Now they’re interviewing Filppula’s wife and Weal’s girlfriend. Weal’s lady looks like she’s taller than him.
Any info at all would be good for those who line abroad.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Laughts says it’s nice to have a defined role, and it’s been fun as the 4C and they need to keep working on the PK.

Raffl says a lot of people think he’s from Australia and he gets asked about kangaroos. Clement asked him what the national animal of Austria was, Raffl said eagle, Clement said that belonged to America, and Raffl reminded him Austria was the older country and had it first. Clement asked who the worst cook would be, and he said Laughton by far, and that Scott loves Kraft Dinner. Raffl wants a bunch of goals and wins for Christmas, but said there’s no time to be frustrated.

Gudas was asked what the team need to improve and he said score more goals. Therrien wasn’t asking him any tough questions, unlike Clement who brought up Raffl’s lack of production with him, but in a respectful way.

Elliott wears 37 because 1 is taken and 3 + 7 = 10, and 1 + 0 = 1.

Giroux says it’s just a matter of time till the secondary scoring starts producing.

Last edited:

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Provy was very popular. Talked about being impressed by Hagg.

Wayne is in charge of cooking the turkey while his fiancée Crystal Corey does all the sides. They had a bunch of rookies over for Thanksgiving last year and will do that again this year.

Ghost says good things are coming and that he has developed a great 2-way game by trusting his abilities, and working hard in summer.

Reactions: Foggy14
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->