2018-19 International Breaks

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Dybala can't make it as a striker because Icardi is better and has always been. Paulo is the most overrated player on this site and in the SA community.

And Paco is better right? lol

Time for a teachable moment.

Icardi has barely played for the NT in fact without looking it up I'd say Dybala has played more. So, Icardi is not keeping Dybala out of the 9 spot... that is down to Allegri and his incompetence.

Dybala is miles and miles better in build up play compared to Icardi. He is a better passer, better dribbler has better vision, better at Fk and more of a threat outside the box.

Icardi is lethal in the 18 yard box but outside of that he doesn't offer much. One dimensional poacher while, Paulo is complete attacker.

He would make a fantastic striker if he has aggressive wingers that cut in.

He played great as a 9 in Palermo and first Juve. Not exactly in need of aggressive wingers. He just plays better when he has someone he can link up with ala Pogba/Vazguez. Someone that can share the responsibility of creating and not leaving it all on him. Similar to Messi with Argentina. Really anyone who has seen him play more than a few games it's clear where his best position is.

Reactions: Gecklund and Juve

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Madagascar qualify for their first AFCON, despite the fact CAF expanded the tournament to 24 team its still an impressive achievement for a team ranked outside the top 100 and who never went above 74th in the rankings

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Boring ass game... Brasil dominated the ball but didn't do much ended up with a late goal from the corner.

Midfield was heavily exposed, could've used the best holding midfielder in the world but they left him on the bench. Again.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Jamaica's young star Leon Bailey (Bayer Leverkusen) had a classy debut in the national team refusing to play as his stepbrother Kyle Butler wasn't nominated.

Butler's semi-professional career consists of ten matches in the Maltese league.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Jamaica's young star Leon Bailey (Bayer Leverkusen) had a classy debut in the national team refusing to play as his stepbrother Kyle Butler wasn't nominated.

Butler's semi-professional career consists of ten matches in the Maltese league.

They should call up his stepbrother. Sit him on the bench. He doesn't have to ever play. They could qualify for the World Cup with Bailey.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
How did Arthur look as a starter?

Average... didn't get on the ball much.

He did have a nice volley from a neymar cross but it was ultimately saved by Sergio. but yeah, like I said he didn't see much of the ball. At times Brasil looked content with just passing it aimlessly.

Reactions: John Pedro

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
They should call up his stepbrother. Sit him on the bench. He doesn't have to ever play. They could qualify for the World Cup with Bailey.
Disrespect.
He should never think of himself above the team. They should play him once and then never play him again so he can't join another NT.

Reactions: Gecklund

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I mean I would hope a NT full of what I assume are adults will not be as petty as you are hoping them to be.

Is what he did disrespectful? Dumb and childish? For sure but they should talk with him and set him straight they will all be better for it.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Meh why not?

... Because it doesn't help the NT in any way. It might turn off future players from coming. Cutting ties and being spiteful to a player after one incident doesn't look too good. This is a teachable moment that's it. You have kids EVILO come on! lol

I'd say the appropriate response would be to simply ban him from the national team for a specified duration.

Yeah, I'd agree with a suspension, maybe a fine and a good talking to.

Reactions: WhiskeySeven*

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
... Because it doesn't help the NT in any way. It might turn off future players from coming. Cutting ties and being spiteful to a player after one incident doesn't look too good. This is a teachable moment that's it. You have kids EVILO come on! lol

I think keeping him on would make players weary of going to the nation team. I mean they are basically saying if you’re good you can do whatever the hell you want and that’s definitely not the way to run. I actually agree with Evilo here. I probably wouldn’t play him and just never call him up again.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France

Well I wouldn't want him on my NT anymore. Like ever. So I'd be happy to block him from other NT too.
I've never seen a player asking for his bro to play on his NT and going on strike for it.
It's totally amazing.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
He's not a child, and this type of behaviour and entitlement isn't a 'mistake'. It speaks volumes of his character and is extremely disrespectful to Jamaica.

It also speaks volumes about the environment of football, not just in Jamaica, and the corruption and nepotism that is so rampant that he thought something like this could actually work.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad