2018-19 International Breaks

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
So Slovakia beat Denmark today 3-0, but the result is misleading because the main Danish team is protesting the FA and boycotted the game, sot hey had to get very low division and even futsal players to fill uin, never heard of this before.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
So Slovakia beat Denmark today 3-0, but the result is misleading because the main Danish team is protesting the FA and boycotted the game, sot hey had to get very low division and even futsal players to fill uin, never heard of this before.

The Slovaks dropped the price to EUR 1 for the game and returned the money of people who has already bought tickets, but I don't think anyone was too happy about it, especially the Slovak players, who wanted a real test before starting the League of Nations

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal

Why are they protesting the FA?

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Croatia finally score against Portugal (Perisic); first goal against them and this is the 5th meeting, for some reason very much a bogey team for CRO

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

Rumoured line up for tomorrows game. Ascacibar should be starting that is a glaring omission even though this Palacios is highly thought of. Santiago deserves his shot now. Mori should be banished so IDK why he is on the team let alone starting. Other than that I can't complain too much Simeone starting only because of Icardi/Martinez injuries and Dybala had a legal issue which lead to him just now arriving in the US. He will certainly start the next game.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Brazil vs USA: Alisson; Fabinho, Marquinhos, T. Silva, Filipe Luis; Casemiro, Fred, Coutinho; Neymar, Douglas Costa, Firmino.

Just a useless friendly but I hate Fabinho as a RB and Fred starting over Paqueta/Arthur is a joke. Militão, Alex Sandro and Paqueta/Arthur should start over Fabinho, F. Luis and Fred, imo.

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
Croatia finally score against Portugal (Perisic); first goal against them and this is the 5th meeting, for some reason very much a bogey team for CRO

All in all, a decent game for a friendly, especially considering both teams missing some players (and Croatia missing a lot of them).

From a Croatian POV, Pjaca played from the start and looked alright, he's got a long road ahead of him after basically missing a year and a half of football. Barisic is interesting at LB, and Kovacic got the full 90 and looked good. CBs looked alright, considering they're 4th and 5th choice (Mitrovic, Milic).

Negatives... Vida went off injured and we don't know if it's bad or not.
With Mandzukic retired and Kramaric rested for these two games, we're in a pickle striker-wise. On an international level, neither Santini nor Livaja can cut it, and Dalic will have to conjure something up for every time Kramaric is not available.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Netherlands were real shaky early and went down 1-0 to Peru but a solid bounceback saw Memphis pot 2 goals and allow Sneijder to bow out gracefully on the back of a win.

Sneijder will be missed. So many amazing moments for the NT and club football alike; it's too bad he fell off so quickly after having such a high peak. An incredible big game player and so nice to watch. Did everything he could to bring the Netherlands a World Cup in 2010. Goes out as the most capped Dutch player ever. Truly the end of an era now with both Sneijder and Robben moving on.

That said Frenkie looked great and should start going forward. If we're sticking with the 3-4-3 it should be Wijnaldum/Frenkie in the middle with Promes/Memphis/Kluivert (or Bergwijn) up front...Memphis MotM btw, and he was putting in effort all over the pitch. Really nice to see his transformation into more of a true striker, where he should have been for a long time.

Last edited:
Reactions: John Pedro

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Pretty amazing Nico is captaining this Argentina team. You could see his leadership qualities in the U20 teams and I figured he'd be a captain one day but his career is a blueprint for those who want to derail and sabotage their careers. I mean he played in the Mexican after being hailed as a top prospect for Argentina... Ahem Barco.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Great game by Argentina... yeah, it was Guatemala but I haven't seen Argentina this organized and this sure of themselves across the midfield in forever. The midfield in particular was a breath of fresh air, considering I had to deal with Biglia, cement legs Banega and Masch the past couple of years. The MOTM for me was Lo Celso and a close second Paredes. Palacios the 3rd man in that midfield was fantastic too, first look of him and he looks like the goods. Presses well, great passer and works his ass off.

The front three were lacking but these guys probably won't make it as starter except maybe Pavon. As Argentina are blessed with attackers.

When he came on Ascacibar showed why he's basically Mascherno 2.0 but better on the ball. He truly is a fantastic talent on the cusp of breaking out.

The backline had little to do but the full backs bombard forward and provided great crosses.

For next match you'd think Icardi,Dybala and AScicabar all start.

In copa I hope to see

Dybala
Lo Celso-Messi-Correa
Paredes-Ascacibar
Nico-Otamendi-Pezzela-Bustos/Saravi/idk?
Rulli

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Not a great start for Seedorf at Cameroon, needed a late goal to earn a point at Comoros, the African version of Malta/Andorra/Gibraltar

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Russia hammer Czech Republic 5:1 in a friendly, they have been in good form really from the start of the World Cup, ok Czech and Turkey aren't the best opponents but beat them both with ease

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
Russia hammer Czech Republic 5:1 in a friendly, they have been in good form really from the start of the World Cup, ok Czech and Turkey aren't the best opponents but beat them both with ease

Both are decent squads, Turkey and Czech Republic, if not exactly tier 1.

Either way, very impressed by Russia, good to see their WC run was not a one-off, they actually are a decent side.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Dybala benched again... lol at this point all you gotta do is laugh. Poor kids career is a tragedy. Bet you he's regretting not playing for Italy now

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad