Injury Report: 2018-19 Injury Thread

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
The wrist injury remains the most revealing. Johnson didn't fully recover for something like a year, and even admitted that playing through the injury wasn't letting it heal (I believe he said he couldn't do a push up as of January, the following year), and it was only after getting another injury that he was finally forced to take the time off to allow the wrist to fully heal. He came back late that year and was clearly at a different level down the stretch.

To me, that's just unacceptable. I know players want to play, but somebody has to tell them "no." He should not have been playing through that injury. And I suspect this kind of thing has taken place multiple times.

Sure... but he's also come into 2 training camps saying he's felt better than ever, fitter than the last, healthier than the last and still producing mediocre results.

Reactions: DominicBoltsFan

waterboy65

Jul 7, 2017
I dont think Martel is really a play option at this point unless some major injuries hit! Martel is here on big leauge roster until Callahan is ready to play. Come early Nov and after the 30 day period has passed since Martel was first claimed, then Martel can be possibly sent down to Syracuse. At that point, even if Flyers claimed him back, they would have to keep him on the big league roster. So better chance of Martel clearing waivers then instead of now where they could simply reassign him to their minor league team!

Reactions: CupsOverCash

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Feels like he's making that same old mistake. This whole "warrior mentality" thing gets old.

So somebody has to sit out, and the only guys who played really poorly last game were Stamkos and Kucherov.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Feels like he's making that same old mistake. This whole "warrior mentality" thing gets old.

So somebody has to sit out, and the only guys who played really poorly last game were Stamkos and Kucherov.
Erne to me is the obvious choice.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Erne to me is the obvious choice.

I think it will be Erne too, but that sucks because he finally had a good game. Fed Johnson on the second goal and was a physical presence all night.

Shoresy Snipes

Give yer B's a T ya T F'r
May 6, 2017
If this is a thread about Cally, and injuries, and we're playing Yotes tonight, does that mean Cally gets some revenge tonight or just sits to keep him away from OEL?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad