Fantasy: 2018-19 HF Sharks Fantasy Hockey (L1: 9/29 at 1pm PT; L2: 9/30 at 1pm PT)

Wedontneedroads

Jul 14, 2008
San Jose
Will be in Utah for a wedding draft weekend.

Can't make Sunday at 1pm which is why I joined the Saturday draft. If it stays at 1 I can probably make the first few rounds, but if it is pushed later I will miss it as wedding activities start around 3pm.

If the Sunday draft is changed to later in the evening I could make that one.

I am fine with changing leagues if needed.

Evil Janney

Jul 12, 2004
I'm thinking about removing penalty minutes. Thoughts?

I do agree with taking PIM out. It's just not properly scaled. Things like game misconducts over inflate the category.

I think it might be interesting to add SA or SV for goalies. Having an additional category for goalies could really push people to choose a 3rd or even 4th goalie versus having another skater. That might cause people to make really tough decisions on how they want to win for that week.

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
I'd honestly add more than take things out. Like SHG, SHP, PPG. Especially the first one.

EDIT: Also joined League 1 as Huskins Time, since I'll probably be able to ask for Saturday off instead of Sunday.

Last edited:

SactoShark

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 1, 2009
Sacramento
League 1::hockey: Healthy Scratchers

I'd love it if we could go back to game-day waiver wire pickups. I had a tough time last season making claims the night before.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
League 1::hockey: Healthy Scratchers

I'd love it if we could go back to game-day waiver wire pickups. I had a tough time last season making claims the night before.

I see pros and cons for each. The thing is that if you had someone in your lineup that played already, you wouldn't be able to cut him until the next day if we had the same day adds. But then you'd be able to activate guys from the IR on the same day. Also, if you make an add for the same day thingy, your future lineups reset. I noticed that with a different league.

The pro for the next day is that you would be able to cut anyone. But then, you'd be screwed out of a last minute activation.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
If I take penalty minutes out like I think I should, it'll be:

Goals
Assists
Plus/minus
Power play points
Shots on goal
Hits
Blocked shots
Faceoffs won

Wins
Goals against average
Save percentage
Shutouts

The standard league is 6/4 in terms of skater cats to goalie cats. It was 9/4 last year. This would make it 8/4. Should I add saves for goalies? Or would that increase goalie hoarding?

I also changed the positions to 2 of each forward spot and added utility spots for extra flexibility. Let me know if you like these potential changes. The add thingy is also up for discussion.

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
oh I didn't know the link was posted already. I'm in on League 2. I'll think up a team name later on.

edit: I'll go with an HF meme team name this year. Village Burners it is.

Last edited:

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
If I take penalty minutes out like I think I should, it'll be:

Goals
Assists
Plus/minus
Power play points
Shots on goal
Hits
Blocked shots
Faceoffs won

Wins
Goals against average
Save percentage
Shutouts

The standard league is 6/4 in terms of skater cats to goalie cats. It was 9/4 last year. This would make it 8/4. Should I add saves for goalies? Or would that increase goalie hoarding?

I also changed the positions to 2 of each forward spot and added utility spots for extra flexibility. Let me know if you like these potential changes. The add thingy is also up for discussion.

That's fine with Blocked Shots. I was wondering what other stats are there. At least with Block Shots there won't be that much discrepancy, like there could be with Penalty Minutes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad