Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wylie, Wyatte

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Still surprised by the lack of votes for Laczynski & by how concentrated the voting has been the last few rounds. Thought there’d be more of a spread.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Still surprised by the lack of votes for Laczynski & by how concentrated the voting has been the last few rounds. Thought there’d be more of a spread.
I think with this it's opportunity vs competition. Vorobyev "seems" to have a 4th line C spot open for him with little competition and still has upside. Whereas in wing, we seem to have a lot more depth now with so little amount of spots.

And I am sure exposure is coming into play too.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013

Laczynski will probably win the next poll in a landslide too. Both Vorobyev and Laczynski aren't perceived too have much more than 3rd line upside. Then Vorobyev is a couple years further down the line than Laczynski. As Tanner is going to spend another year in college and then likely a year in the AHL. Vorobyev should be in the NHL this year or next year. That difference is what you probably see in the poll.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Laczynski will probably win the next poll in a landslide too. Both Vorobyev and Laczynski aren't perceived too have much more than 3rd line upside. Then Vorobyev is a couple years further down the line than Laczynski. As Tanner is going to spend another year in college and then likely a year in the AHL. Vorobyev should be in the NHL this year or next year. That difference is what you probably see in the poll.
I assume you’re right — that Vorobyev having a year of AHL exposure & an opportunity to play in the NHL is the underlying reason for the discrepancy. Still kind of surprises me that for two arguably equal prospects the spread would be 70-some votes vs. single digits in favor of Vorobyev over Laczynski. Not knocking those who rate Vorobyev higher; I’ve always liked him; just surprised there’s so few who give Laczynski the slight nod given his (probably) better offensive upside.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
I assume you’re right — that Vorobyev having a year of AHL exposure & an opportunity to play in the NHL is the underlying reason for the discrepancy. Still kind of surprises me that for two arguably equal prospects the spread would be 70-some votes vs. single digits in favor of Vorobyev over Laczynski. Not knocking those who rate Vorobyev higher; I’ve always liked him; just surprised there’s so few who give Laczynski the slight nod given his (probably) better offensive upside.

Yeah, I don't think the huge discrepancy in votes is indicative of skill level.

It is more or less the question, would you rather have 10 dollars now or 10 dollars next year?

dingbathero

No Jam? How about PB
Jul 14, 2010
St. John's, NL
Twarynski is next for me....

giphy.gif

He has a shot at it.... :nod::toothless

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad