• Willcox, Reece

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wylie, Wyatte

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Here comes the Allison Ratcliffe debate, I'm voting Ratcliffe.

This should be a good one.

Nope. Misha all the way.

pimp_zps0tjy76g7.jpg

voro_zps3wrurshl.gif

Cyborg LeClair

Thank You Mr. Snider
Nov 18, 2011
Jurassic Park
I voted Wade Allison. I voted based on potential and likelihood to reach that potential.

Allison - potential is a top line winger in my opinion. I think he more likely settles into the 2nd line winger role but this kid has serious scoring potential.

Ratcliffe - potential is very close to what Simmonds is right now. Simmonds is a middle 6 winger who is good net front presence on the PP. I'd say his chances are pretty decent that he'll slot into the 3rd line as a good two way guy for a strong 3rd line.

Morin - Ive not given up on Godzilla on skates. I still think he has top 4 dman potential and he's still likely to hit that imo. With our roster and hopefully defensive depth, he may he played on the 3rd pair but first PK and still receive top 4 minutes.

I value Morin still pretty highly so it was between him and Allison but I went with Allison's upside as the tie breaker

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Ratcliffe, because Allison lost half a year, is still in college, while Ratcliffe is developing faster than expected.
Forwards as tall as Ratcliffe are rare, especially ones that can skate, and they usually take longer to develop.
So his rapid progress suggests he's more coordinated than usual for a guy his size.

Vorobyev is a solid prospect, but unless he takes a big step, don't see the upside right now. Looks like a very solid bottom six center at this point.

Morin? Who knows?

Alex91

Sep 12, 2014
I had wade very high on my list going into this year. I watched him close to 10 times in the last two years and he can be out right dominant and a straight get up bully. His injury and Ratcliff strong play to end the year made this decision a lot closer then I would of thought.

I don’t like that Wade didn’t go pro strictly because it obviously it increases the odds that he walks, but I don’t think it delays his NHL career. I’m guessing he dominants NCAA this year, and starts in top 6 next year for the phantoms and is full time NHLer by 2020.

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
Yup Ratcliffe and Allison 2nd round picks preforming like first rounders . I went with Allison based on preformance and upside but i like both have them at 4 and 5 in my rankings . I really see Frost centering Allison and Ratcliffe in the future they all bring something alittle different to the table and could see them meshing together .

Last edited:
Reactions: Flyerfan13

flyersfromquebec

Jul 22, 2012
Where the hell are all these kids gonna play?

I know right. I think we will be in a better position then Tampa,St-louis and Toronto down the road, filling the roster with kids patiently earning spot while trading redundant roster spot for more picks and some playoff help (aka what St-Louis is doing).

Magua

Doer of Hoffific Things
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Just a rough estimate, with quibbles no doubt....

PLAYERHANDSSKATINGIQPLAYMAKINGGOAL SCORINGDEFENSEPHYSICALITYTOTAL
Rubtsov 60 50 60 60 50 60 55 395
Allison60554045604560365
Ratcliffe45 (50)605545605045 (50)360 (370)
Laczynski5545 (50)5555505060370 (375)
Vorobyev50506060456055380
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
I really don't know who to vote for. I think Laczynski and Vorobyev over-perform here due to sheer versatility and brains and lack of standout weaknesses. But I don't know if they have a top 6/9 future here -- not because of talent but because of numbers and preconceived roles. In a vacuum, you could argue Misha as a quality 3C > middle 6 wingers. But I find it difficult to vote for him above some others with a more flashy tool.

I think Allison underperforms due to brains, while having the 2nd best talent but a clearer role perhaps. I struggle to vote for someone who I think has below average IQ. But his production is arguably the best at that level, so whatever weaknesses he has haven't hampered him yet.

I think Ratcliffe is the safe pick because nothing blatantly stands out in terms of ability to translate and even his weaknesses have the potential to get to average and are already trending that way (shown in brackets), and his future role seems somewhat clear. He and Allison might have the clearest path to PP time as well, which is vital.

Rubtsov, for me, has the best combination of skill+brains but also the most questionable level of production from this past season. On sheer tools, he's #1 by a healthy margin. There's a reason he was a consensus 15-20 pick on draft day. He doesn't have the typical red flags. But production is important and you have to decide who is and isn't the real Rubtsov going forward. What do you weight most? Decisions!

flyersfan187

Dec 4, 2007
Morrisdale, PA
Voted Rubstov. He is a smart player with skill. I think he would be a solid forward playing with any of Couts/Patrick/Frost. Hopefully they play him at wing in the ahl this season and get him to start playing more aggressive because the potential is there to be a good two way forward.

Flyerfan13

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2016

In the future Having a 3rd and 4th line with skilled players is going to give other teams fits. when hexy talks about a plan to me it means being able to roll out a deep team with 4 lines that are all filled with good 2 way players and 6 dmen that can move the puck.

Reactions: Rebels57

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
This is my problem with resigning Simmons or signing JVR. We don't need more long contracts with so many kids with realistic chances of being great pros.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->