• Vasiliev, Valeri

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Warren, Brendan

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Farabee might be better than Myers, but first he has to go to college and show he belongs with men.
He may actually be less risky than Myers, but unless he fills out to 210 lbs or so, it'll be hard for him to match the Unicorn's upside.

Unless it's a slam dunk like Patrick, it's hard to rank most draft picks their first year, if they had a great pre-draft or USHL campaign, they're probably top 20 picks, the rest are all about projection (who thought Ratcliffe would put up 46 goals in 73 games last year?)

Though it's pretty amazing, we graduate Lindblom, Sanheim, Patrick, Hagg, and hardly feel it in our prospect rankings.

Reactions: Alex91

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Went with Farabee over Myers. Farabee’s pedigree is outstanding. Myers had a good, not great, rookie AHL season & his injuries are worrisome. Don’t begrudge those choosing him, though.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Farabee might be better than Myers, but first he has to go to college and show he belongs with men.
He may actually be less risky than Myers, but unless he fills out to 210 lbs or so, it'll be hard for him to match the Unicorn's upside.

Unless it's a slam dunk like Patrick, it's hard to rank most draft picks their first year, if they had a great pre-draft or USHL campaign, they're probably top 20 picks, the rest are all about projection (who thought Ratcliffe would put up 46 goals in 73 games last year?)

Though it's pretty amazing, we graduate Lindblom, Sanheim, Patrick, Hagg, and hardly feel it in our prospect rankings.
Eh, it feels to me after Frost and Myers everyone is still 2-3 years away.

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
It's Myers for me ,Farabee is in my group of three next along with a the second rounders from the 16 and 17 drafts .

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Eh, it feels to me after Frost and Myers everyone is still 2-3 years away.
Maybe because we have graduated

Provy
Sanheim
Hagg
Patrick
Konecny
Lindblom
Laughton
Leier

.....the last 2 years.

But NAK and Vorobyev could be on the team this year too. And Morin likely would have graduated too if healthy all year.

Foggy14

Sep 13, 2017
FWIW, I'm using the criteria Button uses for his list (not his mock draft); the best player at the NHL level in 3-5 years. Otherwise things get skewed by how close, or far, guys are.

I like Phil a lot, but I have a feeling that Farabee's skills, and super high hockey IQ, will lead him to be the more impactful player in time.

We'll see. :)

Alex K

Apr 20, 2016
Earth
Myers had an amazing last season despite the injury. He's got high potential and he's on the NHL doorstep. Farabee is a highly talented guy but he must prove he belongs in NHL first.

Juicy Pop

BONK
Apr 26, 2014
Scranton, PA
Myers

I must say, it's absolutely absurd how this pool has fleshed out over the years. A lot of names here have a real shot at playing in the NHL someday.

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
I just wanna revel in the fact that one of the top prospects in one of the best groups of prospects in the league is an Undrafted free agent.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I just wanna revel in the fact that one of the top prospects in one of the best groups of prospects in the league is an Undrafted free agent.

It's not just Myers though. I look in my top 10, and I for sure will have 1 undrafted player, 1 6th rounder, and 1 4th rounder. The rest is still unsettled for me, but I may very well have a 7th rounder, 6th rounder, and a couple 5th rounders in my top 15, and 6/7 were 5th+. That's almost half my top 15. And only Myers is from the CHL. It's actually many of the 2nd and 3rds who aren't as high for me.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
it's going to be weird to have a guy who may be our 3rd line rw....notice i said may be. and he won't even be or atleast shouldn't be among our top 10 propsects.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Maybe because we have graduated

Provy
Sanheim
Hagg
Patrick
Konecny
Lindblom
Laughton
Leier

.....the last 2 years.

But NAK and Vorobyev could be on the team this year too. And Morin likely would have graduated too if healthy all year.
I don't think someone like Farabee is too far away either. It'll probably just depend on how long it takes him to get T H I C C E R, like Frost.

Reactions: Tripod and Rebels57

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad