• Willcox, Reece

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wylie, Wyatte

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Every poll is set to close 4 days after being created. If a clear winner emerges, I will start the next poll earlier than that.

1. Frost, Morgan - 84%
2. Myers, Phil - 80%
3. Farabee, Joel - 84%
4. O'Brien, Jay - 42%
5. Allison, Wade - 41%
6. Ratcliffe, Isaac - 61%
7. Morin, Sam - 39%
8. Rubtsov, German - 47%
9. Vorobyev, Mikhail - 85%
10. Laczynski, Tanner - 50%
11. Aube-Kubel, Nicolas - 67%
12. Kase, David - 26%
13. Linus Hogberg - 32%
14. Friedman, Mark - 22%
15. Strome, Matthew - 30%

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Gonna keep voting for "babyface" until y'all come to your senses.
How anyone could have Kase ahead of him? :thumbd:
Has Strome learned to skate yet?
Friedman at least has a chance to be a solid NHL defenseman if he keeps improving.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Ballot_Box_BunnyTitle.jpg
Ballot_Box_Bunny

Hakroach

Veteran Presence
Jan 4, 2005
Helsinki
Oh no... it's the vote I don't want to make but I have to if I still believe in my own rankings...

Ginning.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Yea I wasn’t a fan of the pick either, but it would be funny if he turns out to be a really good defender.
He was the 50th overall pick. And wasn’t a reach based on his rankings. Funny how most who despise the pick still defend Morin at 11th overall, & Morin handled the puck like a grenade his draft year.
I get that fans want a home run swing. I got overly pissed at the Allison pick because I wanted Abramov. But I learned my lesson & try to avoid going too extreme. Ginning isn’t a guy with no merits, like some would have you believe. He’s a defenseman with great reach, a ton of international experience, SHL experience at 16 & 17, & who I think has more tools to improve than he’s getting credit for by those who treat him like a meathead slug. He shows signs of being an intelligent player, & his skating isn’t bad (and allegedly continues to improve) for his size. He’s far from a finished product. And for all the Comic Book Guy type smug whining about how Ginming’s defenders haven’t seen him enough or else they’d be more enlightened, well, considering his extensive international play & SHL play, you know who I’m sure has seen him as much or more than anyone? The Flyers’ Swedish scout, who has done a fantastic job, as have the Flyers in general over the last four years.

Reactions: Jtown and sa cyred

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
I’m honestly more intrigued with St. Provorov than I am with Ginning.
Yeah Ginning is a weird one. He's ranked pretty highly (top 60) in a few draft publications yet they are all semi down on him and say his upside is a 5/6th defensive dman. Not very exciting.

Hakroach

Veteran Presence
Jan 4, 2005
Helsinki
Yeah Ginning is a weird one. He's ranked pretty highly (top 60) in a few draft publications yet they are all semi down on him and say his upside is a 5/6th defensive dman. Not very exciting.

I think he is ahead of the other defenseman prospects in his current development. His ceiling isn't high but he can develope into a really good player of his projected profile. He'll propably end up as a player that the coaches love and we fans hate. Another AMac or Hägg.

Reactions: Rebels57

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
He was the 50th overall pick. And wasn’t a reach based on his rankings. Funny how most who despise the pick still defend Morin at 11th overall, & Morin handled the puck like a grenade his draft year.
I get that fans want a home run swing. I got overly pissed at the Allison pick because I wanted Abramov. But I learned my lesson & try to avoid going too extreme. Ginning isn’t a guy with no merits, like some would have you believe. He’s a defenseman with great reach, a ton of international experience, SHL experience at 16 & 17, & who I think has more tools to improve than he’s getting credit for by those who treat him like a meathead slug. He shows signs of being an intelligent player, & his skating isn’t bad (and allegedly continues to improve) for his size. He’s far from a finished product. And for all the Comic Book Guy type smug whining about how Ginming’s defenders haven’t seen him enough or else they’d be more enlightened, well, considering his extensive international play & SHL play, you know who I’m sure has seen him as much or more than anyone? The Flyers’ Swedish scout, who has done a fantastic job, as have the Flyers in general over the last four years.

if ginning improves his skating , I think he could easily become one of those type of big minute , tough situation dmen that many teams depend on. i.E methot, niklas hjalmarsson , jonathan ericksson, and dan girardi. Its a very unglamorous role , but its also one that we need.

Reactions: Ghosts Beer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->