• Willcox, Reece

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wylie, Wyatte

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Every poll is set to close 4 days after being created. If a clear winner emerges, I will start the next poll earlier than that.

1. Frost, Morgan - 84%
2. Myers, Phil - 80%
3. Farabee, Joel - 84%
4. O'Brien, Jay - 42%
5. Allison, Wade - 41%
6. Ratcliffe, Isaac - 61%
7. Morin, Sam - 39%
8. Rubtsov, German - 47%
9. Vorobyev, Mikhail - 85%
10. Laczynski, Tanner - 50%
11. Aube-Kubel, Nicolas - 67%
12. Kase, David - 26%
13. Linus Hogberg - 32%
14. Friedman, Mark - 21.6%

Reactions: flyersfan187

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
OK, let's get serious and correct this massive oversight once and for all, eh?

ldte4Km.jpg

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Sorry Cap'n, the Bunny laid an egg.

Bunnaman has yet to show he's got more to offer than Twarnyski, who looks like a solid 4th line winger with a scoring touch.
Now my suspicion is he's out of position at center, and if he plays wing at LHV may step it up.

Post D2 seasons:
Twarynski (6'2 198): 68g 45-27 72 +4 PO: 4g 2-2 4 -1
Bunnaman (6'1 207): 66g 27-23 50 -7 PO: 19g 5-9 14 0

Right now, there isn't much to separate the two, both will be bottom six LW at the NHL level if they make it.
We'll get a much better read this year in LHV.

Of course, Bunnaman has the better name.

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
Went Strome again, but might change sometime in mid August.

Looking forward to seeing Lycksell and Cates (if he makes the USA squad)...

Anyone know of a stream for the split squad games?

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

Bunnaman has yet to show he's got more to offer than Twarnyski, who looks like a solid 4th line winger with a scoring touch.
Now my suspicion is he's out of position at center, and if he plays wing at LHV may step it up.

Post D2 seasons:

Right now, there isn't much to separate the two, both will be bottom six LW at the NHL level if they make it.

I am sorry that your brain seems to have vomited all over itself again. Seek help.

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
I was split between a bunch of players - Lycksell, Cates, Laberge, Kalynuk and even Sushko.

Where I wasn't going was Strome. I just have this feeling that he is the guy in five years we're going to look at and say "Man, if only he could have fixed his skating he would have been something." I know the Flyers feel like skating is the one place people can make the most progression and they're not wrong. But Strome is starting at such a deficit that he will need to have a huge learning curve to make it up to somewhat passable at the NHL level. I don't begrudge the pick - it was good value at that spot. I'm just going to be amazed if he can take the steps he needs. It's a damn shame too because if he can't it will be a waste of a lot of valuable skills.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Provorov4Norris

Sep 28, 2017
I was split between a bunch of players - Lycksell, Cates, Laberge, Kalynuk and even Sushko.

Where I wasn't going was Strome. I just have this feeling that he is the guy in five years we're going to look at and say "Man, if only he could have fixed his skating he would have been something." I know the Flyers feel like skating is the one place people can make the most progression and they're not wrong. But Strome is starting at such a deficit that he will need to have a huge learning curve to make it up to somewhat passable at the NHL level. I don't begrudge the pick - it was good value at that spot. I'm just going to be amazed if he can take the steps he needs. It's a damn shame too because if he can't it will be a waste of a lot of valuable skills.

with most of these rankings I find looking at the players in tiers is more useful...I agree that all of those players are essentially in the same tier (I would include Strome as well) and then there's a drop off down to the next level.

in terms of the rankings as they exist I'd probably have them as...

Frost/Myers (elite looking players on the cusp)

Farabee/O'Brien/Allison/Ratcliffe (guys that a step away but have top 6 upside)

Morin/Rubtsov/Vorobyov/Laczynski (talented, have good upside and a pretty good chance of being NHLers)

NAK/Kase/Hogberg/Friedman/Strome/Lycksell/Cates/Laberge/Kalynuk/Sushko/Ginning (all have various things they need to work on but there are possible options to be bottom 6 forward/bottom pairing NHLers)

Bunnaman/St. Ivany/Twarynski/Westfalt/Wylie/Hain/Bernhardt (who knows if things break right..)

Fazleev/Wilcox/Vasiliev/Warren/Goulbourne/Martel (known quantities with little upside or chance of being NHLers)

Last edited:

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
OK, let's get serious and correct this massive oversight once and for all, eh?

ldte4Km.jpg
Won't crack the top 20. Hope you are going to enjoy watching him once he gets traded...lol.

As for Strome, the one thing that gives me hope, is Couturier. Not today's Couturier, but younger, slower Couturier. He was still able to be positive impact player for us and if Strome can get to that level of skating, there is hope. Then if he can keep improving, who knows.

wasup

Mar 21, 2018

Post D2 seasons:

Ahhh . Cap'n i believe this deserves a Marlin Brando shooting . I learned my lessen on insulting Bunny's when Spotted Dick showed up at my door with a stern warning . I went Lycksell

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Hakroach

Veteran Presence
Jan 4, 2005
Helsinki
Strome for the nth time already. He has one major but fixable flaw and otherwise he is the most skilled player overall.

Magua

Doer of Hoffific Things
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
As for Strome, the one thing that gives me hope, is Couturier. Not today's Couturier, but younger, slower Couturier. He was still able to be positive impact player for us and if Strome can get to that level of skating, there is hope. Then if he can keep improving, who knows.

Couturier was never the skater Strome is though. His weaknesses were always overblown. His stride was long and clean; he needed the usual short area quickness. Like Vorobyev, though he's a tick below Couturier in stride. I'm skeptical Strome ever reaches even that level with his wack skating. Look at Lindblom: he's also a superior skater to Strome, while still being below average at the NHL level. He can still be a good player, but his ability on exits/entries and volume numbers suffer as a result. He has to do extra work elsewhere to make up, while playing alongside certain players who can dampen that weakness.....and he did at least in his small sample. But Strome likely is a worse skater at the NHL level in quickness, speed, agility than Lindblom will be, and that means even extra work to make up for it.

I don't really care about who goes where. I might put a couple players above Strome still, and would've put Friedman below, but he's still in this range. I'm just making the point about not underselling where he is and needs to get to with his feet.

Reactions: Foggy14 and Tripod

WheresMySnare

Mar 9, 2018
Laberge still has the highest upside of everyone left, all things considered. No chance Strome is a better prospect

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->