Prospect Info: 2018-19 Flyers Prospects - Top 30 SKATERS, #13

Who is the Flyers #13 SKATER prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
Yea, but the guys I mentioned are pretty talented too. I mean Allison was one of the best players in a pretty tough college division that if I remember correctly, Charlie said that is the closest league to point equivalency aside from the KHL. He's two years older, he's frigging huge and probably NHL body.

FYI

Reactions: tymed and Rebels57

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Big 10 was way better than HEast this year. And their head to head was close to NCHC fwiw.

As always those conversions come with a grain of salt.

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
Big 10 was way better than HEast this year. And their head to head was close to NCHC fwiw.

As always those conversions come with a grain of salt.
Those results could be a year or two behind . The reason for The Big ten increase and HEast small decline is Notre Dame jumped conferences last year and they are usually a strong team . Those two conferences are pretty close in caliber but can swing back and forth from year to year . NCHC is def the top dog and Alantic and WCHA are def the bottom dwellers . This does not mean there can't be a stronger team come out of one of the weaker conferences every once in a while but we are talking overall strengh of conferences top to bottom all teams.
I get the pleasure to go down to the Ralph to catch 3-4 games a year and don't come away disappointed very often .

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
Those results could be a year or two behind . The reason for The Big ten increase and HEast small decline is Notre Dame jumped conferences last year and they are usually a strong team . Those two conferences are pretty close in caliber but can swing back and forth from year to year . NCHC is def the top dog and Alantic and WCHA are def the bottom dwellers . This does not mean there can't be a stronger team come out of one of the weaker conferences every once in a while but we are talking overall strengh of conferences top to bottom all teams.
I get the pleasure to go down to the Ralph to catch 3-4 games a year and don't come away disappointed very often .

Those are 1 year old. There probably is a more updated list, but it gives you the idea.

KHL
Other pro leagues
College
Juniors

It shouldn't deviate from that too much

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
Those are 1 year old. There probably is a more updated list, but it gives you the idea.

KHL
Other pro leagues
College
Juniors

Yup but Notre Dame just jumped last year so i would add 2 points to BIG and take 1 away from HEast but the rest i would agree with . I also agree with the OHL than WHL than QMJHL and their spreads . It is also hard ranking other junior leagues around the world but they are evolving as well and numbers down the road will be easier to tabulate . All makes for good debate.
On a different note i do like Friedman probably next and see some people talking about Kaylnuk , he is very soft and always has been which is why he struggles in his own end but he is a good heads up east west offensive defenceman . Hatcher would loose his shit watching him .

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
Yup but Notre Dame just jumped last year so i would add 2 points to BIG and take 1 away from HEast but the rest i would agree with . I also agree with the OHL than WHL than QMJHL and their spreads . It is also hard ranking other junior leagues around the world but they are evolving as well and numbers down the road will be easier to tabulate . All makes for good debate.
On a different note i do like Friedman probably next and see some people talking about Kaylnuk , he is very soft and always has been which is why he struggles in his own end but he is a good heads up east west offensive defenceman . Hatcher would loose his **** watching him .

That's a bonus

Reactions: wasup

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

KHL
Other pro leagues
College
Juniors

It’s basically just collecting a bunch of scoring data from players who played in those leagues then the NHL & formulating what are translatable. Another year worth of data isn’t really going to move the needle much right now.

WheresMySnare

Mar 9, 2018
I've seen the exact opposite of recency bias in these polls for years. Too many times people have claimed that new prospects have to "prove it". Which is really stupid imo.

I remember in 2014 I was one of the only people voting Sanheim first. While Morin and Laughton went off the board #1 & #2. Two players with no where near Sanheim's package.

I've already brought up Myers getting pushed down the board unnecessarily in an earlier thread as well.

I don't see how anyone can complain about O'Brien going before Allison. The tape available on O'Brien looks awesome and he plays a premium position. Heck, I don't even think Allison is the best NCAA power forward we have. #TeamTanner

I would like to hear more about Sanheims package....

flyersfan187

Dec 4, 2007
Morrisdale, PA
If Hextall can keep this prospect list rotating as good as this then the Flyers could be good for a real long time. Love it. Went Lycksell again until he is picked.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad