7. Morin, Sam - 39%
8. Rubtsov, German - 47%
9. Vorobyev, Mikhail - 85%
10. Laczynski, Tanner - 50%
11. Aube-Kubel, Nicolas - 67%
12. Kase, David - 26%

torkad frukt

Mar 8, 2013
Went with Högberg, It's getting really hard to pick now. There's several players that could be placed in this spot.
But Högberg got the trust to play a lot of games during the season and then in the playoffs for the SHL champions, so he has my vote here.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
? Goulborne , i didn't know you were a fan

tenor.gif

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Is there a recency bias with these lists?

I don't see why O'Brien is over guys that will most likely be on the NHL roster in a year or two and are pretty good.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
Allison
Laczynski
Morin

Maybe even Vorobyov.

Just seems high for a 17 year old High School player

I don't think it has anything to do with recency bias. It just says that people value upside. We have a lot of prospects. What we have fewer of are potentially elite prospects. Allison, Laczynski, Morin and Vorobyev are all closer to the NHL than JOB, but none have the same upside.

Reactions: flyersjim73

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Proximity should only be a tie breaker. And none of those guys are going to be in the opening night lineup in all likelihood. Allison and Laczynski are at least another year in college and then to LHV.

Last edited:
Reactions: dats81

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
I don't think it has anything to do with recency bias. It just says that people value upside. We have a lot of prospects. What we have fewer of are potentially elite prospects. Allison, Laczynski, Morin and Vorobyev are all closer to the NHL than JOB, but none have the same upside.

True...that's why I asked. I didn't partake in these this year, so getting an idea

Reactions: FlyTimmo

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
I’d say Allison has similar upside. O’Brien isn’t a puzzling prospect for upside. His ceiling is that of a good Top 6 forward. His floor is that of a normal checking B6 forward. He will be an NHLer and is probably the safest prospect for this upside distinction.

Allison has the potential to be a good mid 6/2nd line PF. He’s gonna be our Wayne Simmonds of the future. I don’t think he’ll top out as a 1RW, but I think he’s gonna be a good 2RW.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
I’d say Allison has similar upside. O’Brien isn’t a puzzling prospect for upside. His ceiling is that of a good Top 6 forward. His floor is that of a normal checking B6 forward. He will be an NHLer and is probably the safest prospect for this upside distinction.

Allison has the potential to be a good mid 6/2nd line PF. He’s gonna be our Wayne Simmonds of the future. I don’t think he’ll top out as a 1RW, but I think he’s gonna be a good 2RW.

I don't think Allison has nearly the same upside. O'Brien is arguably the most dynamic player in our pool. His IQ, skating and puck skills are on a different level than Allison's. He has earned stylistic comparisons to likes of MacKinnion and Barzal. Along with Frost, O'Brien is the only other forward in our pool that I think has 1st line upside.

Reactions: flyersjim73

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I don't think Allison has nearly the same upside. O'Brien is arguably the most dynamic player in our pool. His IQ, skating and puck skills are on a different level than Allison's. He has earned stylistic comparisons to likes of MacKinnion and Barzal. Along with Frost, O'Brien is the only other forward in our pool that I think has 1st line upside.
Farabee has 1st line upside.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->