6. Ratcliffe, Isaac - 61%
7. Morin, Sam - 39%
8. Rubtsov, German - 47%
9. Vorobyev, Mikhail - 85%
10. Laczynski, Tanner - 50%

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Linus Hogberg gets my vote. Slightly above Kalynuk. Two sneaky good late round defense prospects.

Hogberg has played 2 seasons in the SHL on a deep, powerhouse team and he's still only 19 years old. :eek:

Judging from what I've seen he has a legit chance at translating to the NHL as a solid modern complimentary defenseman and PK'er. Which would be a very valuable and coveted player.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Pascal Laberge has 2 votes? :dunno:
FbynGMGPT8iEBmzxJumU_Confused%20Yankees.gif

I'd love to hear explanations and people defend there choices. Just voting without context is so blah.

MarAlain MongYeo

GostisBeHere Now
Oct 22, 2016

I'd love to hear explanations and people defend there choices. Just voting without context is so blah.

I guess you could argue that laberge has more upside than any player left to vote. Given his injuries and lack of consistency I highly doubt he pans out for us, but it's not outrageous to think that if he hadnt had such a bad injury at such a bad time, his development would have been much better.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I went Hogberg, NAK has been disappointing to me, I see no evidence he's going to be more than a more physical version of Leier, which isn't a bad thing, if Leier could actually hit someone he'd be an excellent forechecker.
But Hogberg was playing a regular shift at 19 in the SHL, including 13 playoff games, on the team that was the league champion.
That's pretty darn impressive. Just aren't many under 20 SHL starters who don't go on to have successful NHL careers.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

That's a good point, Stiz, I forgot to give context for mine. I voted for Bunny because I wanted to remind people that they shouldn't assume he went first overall in these polls and they need to remember to vote for him early and often moving forward. Also, he is going to destroy the NHL.

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
Going with NAK who should get his feet wet in the NHL this season. Not a sexy pick but this Flyers team need bottom-6ers as well.

On another note, David Kase will definitely be an NHL player and has more upside but a longer way to go.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad