• Willcox, Reece

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wylie, Wyatte

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
I wonder where Friedman falls to. Do most consider him a lesser D prospect at this point than Ginning or Hogberg? I think Mark still has a floor to be a 6/7 dman at the NHL level and a ceiling to be a 2nd pairing guy in the right situation. Though I doubt that right situation is in Philadelphia.

I don't want to put any labels on his upside or projection quite yet. But he has tools, he skates well, and is a bit of a hitter. I thought Friedman showed a lot of improvement, looked confident, and really came on toward the end of the season. Also, he's a righty. Which is a big plus in his favor.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
He just seems like a dime-a-dozen speedy forechecker. These players seem to filter through the league every year. He's a good player to have in a pool, but I like guys like Laczynski, Lycksell and Kalynuk a lot more.
He may appear like a dime a dozen guy because of how he is used, but I think he’s a pretty talented kid. I wish they would open up his role a little more. He’s not perfect by any means, but I think he has more to give. He was a phenomenal 5v5 player last year. Could play in the NHL tomorrow if given the chance.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Magua

Doer of Hoffific Things
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
For me, Laczynski just has better puck skills and passing than NAK. You want him to hold onto pucks and create plays, whereas you want NAK to basically shoot or just cycle it -- his offensive toolbox is more limited to me. I think Tanner is a bit smarter too and has more positional flexibility. Though if Tanner could skate like NAK, he'd be a true blue chipper. But he skates more like Lindblom.

He also hasn't been pigeonholed yet, and due to being a coveted college junior with more control over his future, he will likely get scoring usage right away in the AHL with a better chance to maximize scoring potential as a player or trade piece.

BigToe

Robocop sucks
Jan 6, 2018
Philly
Really want to see where you guys would rank the remaining defensemen. Haven’t seen any of them really

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
Yea NAK will be next then stuff will really open up and who knows where it goes from there .

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
I went with NAK because he’s almost certain to get NHL time this season whereas everyone else left (and several ahead of him) probably won’t until 2020.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->