Prospect Info: 2018-19 Flyers Prospects - FINAL RANKINGS

Do you mostly agree with the rankings of these polls?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
SKATERS
1. Frost, Morgan - 84%
2. Myers, Phil - 79%
3. Farabee, Joel - 85%
4. O'Brien, Jay - 42%
5. Allison, Wade - 42%
6. Ratcliffe, Isaac - 59%
7. Morin, Sam - 39%
8. Rubtsov, German - 47%
9. Vorobyev, Mikhail - 84%
10. Laczynski, Tanner - 49%

11. Aube-Kubel, Nicolas - 66%
12. Kase, David - 26%
13. Linus Hogberg - 32%
14. Friedman, Mark - 22%
15. Strome, Matthew - 29%
16. Lycksell, Olle - 34%
17. Ginning, Adam - 25%
18. Cates, Noah - 47%
19. Sushko, Maxim - 43%
20. Kalynuk, Wyatt - 54%

21. Bunnaman, Connor - 27%
22. Laberge, Pascal - 33%
23. Bernhardt, David - 45%
24. Twarynski, Carson - 38%
25. St. Ivany, Jack - 57%
26. Wylie, Wyatte - 33%
27. Westfalt, Marcus - 56%
28. Martel, Danick - 73%
29. Hain, Gavin - 50%
30. Vasiliev, Valeri - 49%
(Not selected: Fazleev, Goulbourne, Warren, Willcox)

GOALIES
1. Hart, Carter - 98%
2. Sandstrom, Felix - 92%
3. Ustimenko, Kirill - 60%
4. Stolarz, Anthony - 78%
5. Ersson, Samuel - 69%
6. Fedotov, Ivan - 81%
7. Tomek, Matej

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Egor Zamula was robbed. :sarcasm:

For real though, I think I might take him above all our 2018 defensemen. :laugh:

Ginning is.....no. Wylie is too conservative and floor-ish. St. Ivany needs a lot of skating work. Eager to watch him tonight, but in his SSS he looked closer to the Hogberg/Kalynuk/Morin tier than the next one.

2 pre-season games already is unprecedented. Can't wait until they don't sign him, and then it's all moot and life sucks.

Reactions: Stizzle

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I told y'all that you were underrating Twarynski, watch him get called up before a bunch of guys ahead of him.

I'd be surprised if Hextall didn't sign Zamula, he's shown good composure for an 18 year old playing against men with his career on the line, and a basic skill package, if you project him adding 20-30 lbs over the next three years, you might have quality prospect.

Reactions: tymed

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
I'm fine with the list people here see someone play a couple good games and they go gaga. I want to see it maintained for a sustained amount of time before i would move someone up or down . Flippin knee jerkers

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
For real though, I think I might take him above all our 2018 defensemen. :laugh:

Ginning is.....no. Wylie is too conservative and floor-ish. St. Ivany needs a lot of skating work. Eager to watch him tonight, but in his SSS he looked closer to the Hogberg/Kalynuk/Morin tier than the next one.

2 pre-season games already is unprecedented. Can't wait until they don't sign him, and then it's all moot and life sucks.

And what about Friedman? Maybe we would know your thoughts on him and others if you actually voted in the polls, or released a list like you said you would. :sarcasm:

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

nuclear reactor

Apr 5, 2010
Nice list. I would have preferred Sanheim and Lindblom be included, both having played less than 50 games but whatever.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006

And you said Mark Greig wasn't shit. :wg:

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Nice list. I would have preferred Sanheim and Lindblom be included, both having played less than 50 games but whatever.

Sanheim played 53 total games last season. Id have had no problem including him but didnt mind not either.

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
They're all busts. They couldn't make the roster out of camp.

Actually I didn't vote that much this year. It was very difficult for me to come up with a concise personal list.

Reactions: Striiker

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
They're all busts. They couldn't make the roster out of camp.

Actually I didn't vote that much this year. It was very difficult for me to come up with a concise personal list.
I think I made a list in the first thread but f*** me if I remember any of it and I’m sure if I made one today it’d be totally different. :laugh:

Reactions: Chinatown88

Magua

Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
And what about Friedman? Maybe we would know your thoughts on him and others if you actually voted in the polls, or released a list like you said you would. :sarcasm:

Alright alright give me a day or two haha. I feel like I may move one or two up now that preseason is underway though.

I would encourage everyone who wouldn’t ordinarily be inclined to check out some Wisconsin games this year. They’re even on the Big 10 Network fairly often.

giphy.gif

Magua

Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
And you said Mark Greig wasn't ****. :wg:

To be fair, if they liked Zamula that much they could've taken him with a 7th rounder instead of trading it. But summer development is a thing. Looks more interesting than some higher round picks too. I'd say they let him go to Calgary's rookie camp, but he plays in Calgary so that may have been his choice. Like it's hard to anoint Hearty for Myers in the same situation, with the rest of his picks from the Q being pretty trash over a decade+ long tenure. But I can give some credit.

I still stand by my previous statements about our WHL scouting over his entire tenure. Though Twarynski's last 12 months is making me a believer in that pick, even if it took an overage season to get there. But they've shifted attention away from those two leagues in the mid-late rounds. :cool:

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Hasn't both the WHL and Q fallen off in terms of producing prospects, seems like the OHL has the clear lead these days.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Twarynski's overage season was only his 4th year in the WHL, not his 5th like Goulbourne. And Ghoul turned 21 in January during that season, where Twarynski turned 20 in November of his overage season.

Back in March, 2017 a Hitman fan claimed the Flyers will have given up on Twarynski if he didn't get a his ELC in summer 2017 and play in the AHL in 17-18. I explained to him that that was not the case, and of course a year later the Flyers signed him.

He won't get one and the Flyers will still be committed to him.

Next season will only be his 4th WHL season so of course he's going back. He's not a first or second round prospect who dominated Junior like Anthony Mantha. If he was born six weeks later, no one would be sad about him not being AHL eligible for 17-18.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
More generally on the topic of overage seasons, the Flyers have a few recent signings from the CHL who were born in Jan or Feb. If they had been born a month or two earlier, I don't think anyone would have wanted them to spend their overage season in the AHL. Apart from Provy, who was not just AHL ready, but NHL ready.

Fazleev - 1/7/96
Provorov - 1/13/97
Myers - 1/25/97
Strome - 1/6/99
Sushko - 2/10/99
Ratcliffe - 2/15/99

I think it's most obvious in the case of Strome where if his momma had popped him out just a week earlier, he would be currently entering his overage season.

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
Hasn't both the WHL and Q fallen off in terms of producing prospects, seems like the OHL has the clear lead these days.
Apparently you have not looked at next years draft rankings the WHL and USHL litter the top 20 . 6 WHL 9 USHL and 3 OHL , this being said it is cyclical but Americans and Finns have gained big time in the last 5 years

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Apparently you have not looked at next years draft rankings the WHL and USHL litter the top 20 . 6 WHL 9 USHL and 3 OHL , this being said it is cyclical but Americans and Finns have gained big time in the last 5 years

And here we sit with our weird aversion to drafting Finns lol. It's utterly baffling.

Reactions: Rebels57

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad