2018-19 FA Cup Thread

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
It 100% is wrong Lol.

I have certainly cared about it every time Liverpool have advanced in the competition. The difference between then and now is that advancement could cost us players and a challenge for a greater prize. Even playing in this game cost Liverpool one of their healthy defenders already.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I’m not sure. Part of me would be happy for any silverware just so we don’t have to read Klopp and Liverpool haven’t won anything for however long that takes.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Why have Keita and Fabinho been bad?

They were supposed to be the summer additions to put them over the top.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Fabinho has a terrible game but he was playing a position he doesn’t usually play, with an entirely rotated tea, and his planned partner went out leaving him paired with a woefully outmatched 16 year old beside him. Hard to really blame him for how he did yesterday.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I would rather win a trophy.

The reality is that Liverpool are not the favourites in any of the competitions that they're still in. Putting in a slightly more serious effort against Wolverhampton wouldn't guarantee a trophy either, but I'd rather have an extra chance at one before we go home empty handed again. Rather finish 2nd than win a trophy? Nah. That stuff is fun, but in the end going deep in the FA Cup isn't going to make or break our season either way, and losing in a CL final is exciting but there's no runner-up trophy.

Also Fabinho has been getting better. He certainly hasn't been 'excellent' on the whole. He's had his ups and downs; sometimes he still seems to play too slowly or get a little lost, but he's definitely getting there. I wouldn't hold this game against him as the whole team looked disjointed and he was playing out of position.

Last edited:
Reactions: spintheblackcircle

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
When Fabinho is on the pitch he transforms Liverpool midfield.
So yeah...
He has done really well in a few games, and he is in my first choice midfield, but Liverpool have played their best games of the season with Fabinho on the bench. Wijnaldum has been, by far, our best and most consistent midfielder.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
He has done really well in a few games, and he is in my first choice midfield, but Liverpool have played their best games of the season with Fabinho on the bench. Wijnaldum has been, by far, our best and most consistent midfielder.
Liverpool's best midfield has Wijnaldum AND Fabinho in it.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Liverpool's best midfield has Wijnaldum AND Fabinho in it.
Agreed, I've said since the beginning of the season ideally I'd like to see Wijnaldum/Fabinho/Keita. Right now Fabinho and Keita are still ironining out consistency but I think this is what Klopp wants also.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
When Fabinho is on the pitch he transforms Liverpool midfield.
So yeah...

I don't think you can deny he had to take some time to find a rhythm, though. I wouldn't say he's been excellent simply because there was definitely a transition phase at the first part of the season. Since he's found a groove in the team he's been great.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I don't think you can deny he had to take some time to find a rhythm, though. I wouldn't say he's been excellent simply because there was definitely a transition phase at the first part of the season. Since he's found a groove in the team he's been great.
I agree.
But he's been does include the present if my grammar is good enough :)

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Well, got a ticket for Pompey v QPR. I've been to Fratton Park twice, and seen Pompey get shut out 1-0 both times.

This may be the same result...but at least the park will be rocking.

(Now I gotta get Saturday covered at work...Sunday will be fine, but Saturday's the rub.)

Venkman

Jun 28, 2007
England
Heh Joselu is offside for his goal

Murphy looked close to being off in the build up to the 2nd goal too. Sean Longstaff who scored the first goal, is son of ex GB hockey player, David Longstaff. One of the better British players, played a season in the SHL and a few games in NLB.

Reactions: Stray Wasp and GB

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad