2018-19 Colorado Eagles (AHL) and Utah Grizzlies (ECHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
So far we have....

Andrew Agozzino - Vlad Kamenev - AJ Greer
XXX XXX - JC Beaudin - XXX XXX
Ty Lewis - Igor Shvyryov - Julien Nantel
Travis Barron - Josh Dickinson - XXX XXX

David Warsofsky - Mark Alt
Sergei Boikov - Nicolas Meloche
Josh Anderson - Conor Timmins

Pavel Francouz
Spencer Martin

I'm guessing the only way Alt is in Loveland is if Sakic signs a FA defenseman or Timmins makes the team. Otherwise he's pretty much a lock at 7D. Put Graves in there instead, both will have to pass through waivers, though there's a good chance of Alt passing through due to his 2 year deal.

Also, you're forgetting Geertsen and there are multiple reports that Boikov is headed back to Russia.

Postanin CB Ting

Apr 6, 2012
Interesting team. Kaut with Beaudin? Looking at that I hope we sign a tough vet to watch over these young guys.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Interesting team. Kaut with Beaudin? Looking at that I hope we sign a tough vet to watch over these young guys.

He's playing one more year in the Czech league I believe.

I'm interested to see who's available to fill out roster space on this team. I imagine Billington will make some AHL-only signings here and there to take up a couple spaces. If you're looking for "tough vet" a guy like Rich Clune fits the bill. Don't know what the length of deal he has with the Marlies is for though.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
He's playing one more year in the Czech league I believe.

I'm interested to see who's available to fill out roster space on this team. I imagine Billington will make some AHL-only signings here and there to take up a couple spaces. If you're looking for "tough vet" a guy like Rich Clune fits the bill. Don't know what the length of deal he has with the Marlies is for though.

After being drafted he personally brought up playing in the AHL this upcoming season, seemingly on his own. So I guess it's just a matter of what the Avs and him believe will be the best course of action.

And I wouldn't be so quick to pencil in Alt on the Avs quite yet. Obviously he could be the 7D and all that, but his salary is buriable, and it's still possible the Avs sign another defenseman that ultimately pushes Barberio to be the 7D, and Alt down to the AHL (or claimed on waivers). But like SEPH predicted, even if Alt is moved to the AHL, I'd imagine it's still either Anderson or Geertsen who goes to the ECHL...unless the Boikov-back-to-Russia rumor ends up being true.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I'd say Shvy has more of a shot at a scoring center role over Beaudin and I'd say there is a decent chance Beaudin ends up on RW. Saigeon is the likely #4C to me... so:

Andrew Agozzino - Toninato (Kamenev is in the NHL IMO) - XXX XXX
AJ Greer - Igor Shvyryov - Martin Kaut
Ty Lewis - Josh Dickinson - JC Beaudin
Travis Barron - Brandon Saigeon - Julien Nantel

Probably sign two AHL vets to stabilize the lineup, and I could honestly see a top line sort RW and a role player that can play any forward position to be slotted in different spots.

Postanin CB Ting

Apr 6, 2012
I think and hope Kamenev will be in the nhl too. Seems like we'd have a potentially strong team here tho if he didn't make the Avs. Wish we kept Siemens but the defense looks decent, I think Frank is gonna have a great first season in NA.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I feel like losing Dunk may not have been entirely prompted by the Avs. I thought I read (maybe on here) that he wouldn't agree to a two-way deal. In any event, if he has any chance to be an NHLer, I'm guessing it'll have to take place somewhere other than the place that took him 11th overall.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I feel like losing Dunk may not have been entirely prompted by the Avs. I thought I read (maybe on here) that he wouldn't agree to a two-way deal. In any event, if he has any chance to be an NHLer, I'm guessing it'll have to take place somewhere other than the place that took him 11th overall.

Duncan's 24 years old and has 20 NHL games and 2 points. He wasn't asking for a one way deal unless he was trying to force Sakic to let him go. Which is pretty unnecessary given how Sakic operates.

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
My assumption on Siemens is that he wanted to have a legit shot at making the Avs right out of Camp and Sakic couldn't give him that. My guess is he'll shop himself around to teams that need help on the bottom pair and if that doesn't work either go to Europe or back to the AHL (maybe even with us).

Reactions: klozge

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
My assumption on Siemens is that he wanted to have a legit shot at making the Avs right out of Camp and Sakic couldn't give him that. My guess is he'll shop himself around to teams that need help on the bottom pair and if that doesn't work either go to Europe or back to the AHL (maybe even with us).
This is probably roughly true. Given what Sakic just did for Orpik, it's entirely possible that the lack of a QO was another favor to a guy who wanted a fresh start rather than giving up on him.

member 116861

Do we know if their games will be regularly broadcasted or is that unrealistic to expect?

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
Do we know if their games will be regularly broadcasted or is that unrealistic to expect?

I don't know, but I'm personally a big believer in the idea that if you're not going to broadcast a game, just set up a hard camera and put the game online for free. It doesn't cost much or take much effort, but it brings in potential fans, who might then decide to attend a game or buy merchandise.

Reactions: BrickAHL

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012

Solid signing for a depth player, even if he will likely spend most of it in the ECHL.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
He was a camp invite. I would have preferred Breton but as a depth guy on an AHL deal that's reasonable.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Any guesses on a potential AHL lineup?

Greer - Kamenev/Toninato - Shvyrev
Agozzino - Dries - Kaut
Nantel - Beaudin - Kosmachuk
Lewis - Dickinson - Barron

Lindholm - Meloche
Warsofsky - Timmins
Anderson/Geertsen - Graves

Boikov back to Russia hopefully. Alt and Barberio as scratches with the Avs.

Eagles have also signed 2 guys to minor league contracts; both are defensemen. Mathew Pufahl and Kevin Davis, not sure where they are going.

Reactions: Avs_19

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Greer - Kamenev/Toninato - Shvyrev
Agozzino - Dries - Kaut
Nantel - Beaudin - Kosmachuk
Lewis - Dickinson - Barron

Lindholm - Meloche
Warsofsky - Timmins
Anderson/Geertsen - Graves

Boikov back to Russia hopefully. Alt and Barberio as scratches with the Avs.

Eagles have also signed 2 guys to minor league contracts; both are defensemen. Mathew Pufahl and Kevin Davis, not sure where they are going.

Not too bad. There’s some real talent there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->