2018-19 Colorado Eagles (AHL) and Utah Grizzlies (ECHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
been watching quite a bit of kaut and really like his game. definitely have that hossa/stone element in him, great two-way winger that we need beside Kerfoot.

Makar to MacK

Sep 14, 2018
Saint Cloud, FL
Meier is a really good player, but give me Rantanen every single time.
That is what some of the poster over at the San Jose thread were saying, that Meier was better then Rantanen. Anyone with a set of eyes can tell that is BS, heck even people with just 1 eye could tell Rants is the man

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Can someone please translate this for me? To be honest I'm not really sure what it means but I would like too

Yeah, it's actually not a particularly nuanced analysis. The X axis plots goals for (when the player is on the ice) per 60 minutes, so the farther you are to the right the better basically. The Y axis is goals against per 60 minutes, and it's in descending order for whatever reason, so the higher you are there the better (fewer goals against). Basically, the closer you are to the top right corner the higher goals for per 60, and the lower goals against per 60. If you're in the bottom left it's the opposite (few goals for per 60, high goals against per 60).

It's basically like a +/- chart, just relative to ice time

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Makar to MacK

Sep 14, 2018
Saint Cloud, FL
Yeah, it's actually not a particularly nuanced analysis. The X axis plots goals for (when the player is on the ice) per 60 minutes, so the farther you are to the right the better basically. The Y axis is goals against per 60 minutes, and it's in descending order, so the higher you are there the better. Basically, the closer you are to the top right corner the higher goals for per 60, and the lower goals against per 60. If you're in the bottom left it's the opposite (few goals for per 60, high goals against per 60).

It's basically like a +/- chart, just relative to ice time
Thank you, I dont know why I found that so confusing but your explanation knocked the cobwebs loose in my brain and now I see it. I felt really dumb asking but I'm glad I did. I'm sure i would have figured it out but it might have set off my smoke alarms my brain working so hard.

Reactions: CobraAcesS and cgf

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
What an absolutely disgrace that one was. Bleackley, Wood, Magyar, Pepin, Lindholm, Pajpach, and Nantel. How does a team manage that one.

There were also a few people here that were diehard Bleackley and Wood fans, and who lost their minds when we traded them to the Coyotes. Where are they now? I couldn't even tell you what team they were on.

Reactions: BrickAHL

Pokecheque

Whack it Hard to Girard
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Middle West
www.armoredheadspace.com
What an absolutely disgrace that one was. Bleackley, Wood, Magyar, Pepin, Lindholm, Pajpach, and Nantel. How does a team manage that one.

Pretty poorly to say the least. Fired the guy who did it and then somehow flipped whatever value could have been recouped through compensatory picks for lame-ass rentals. I'm glad lessons were learned after than debacle but it's gonna take a while to recover from that disastrous summer in 2014. Just an absolute shitshow of an offseason.

Pokecheque

Whack it Hard to Girard
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Middle West
www.armoredheadspace.com
There were also a few people here that were diehard Bleackley and Wood fans, and who lost their minds when we traded them to the Coyotes. Where are they now? I couldn't even tell you what team they were on.

They could've at least just not signed Bleackley and gotten a compensatory 2nd rounder. It was an absolute disgrace to flip those assets to rentals for a playoff bubble run that they weren't even fully committed to anyway. Definitely the biggest sign that there was major discord between Sakic and Roy.

Pokecheque

Whack it Hard to Girard
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Middle West
www.armoredheadspace.com
I believe this article on Jeff Veillette's site will remain free but it's worth your time to read it soon in case he changes his mind. It's a project on AHL affiliate deployment and usage that he started earlier and has since updated. The Eagles are in the "good" category, which is certainly better than the tiers of "average," "bad," and "nightmare" that are below that.

Reactions: Avs_19

Postanin CB Ting

Apr 6, 2012
Anyone mind posting the lines they've been rolling?
Awesome to hear about Kaut.. hows Shyv and Frank been doin?
Thanks! 7 in a row for the big club tn

Avsrule2022

"No more rats"
Apr 4, 2012
Longmont, CO
Anyone mind posting the lines they've been rolling?
Awesome to hear about Kaut.. hows Shyv and Frank been doin?
Thanks! 7 in a row for the big club tn

They have been running different lines for almost every game this year. I don't think I can recall a single instance where they had the same lineup 2 games in a row.

Postanin CB Ting

Apr 6, 2012
They have been running different lines for almost every game this year. I don't think I can recall a single instance where they had the same lineup 2 games in a row.
Thanks, I was kind of thinking that.. any duo's they keep together? Or can you tell me if Shyv has been getting any top 6 time?

Pokecheque

Whack it Hard to Girard
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Middle West
www.armoredheadspace.com
Still kinda stumped as to why the organization just can't seem to get AHL vets who move the needle in a positive direction (apart from Agz). This time around they kept two such vets who did just fine during their respective NHL callups (Alt and Warsofsky) only to have them both more or less implode this season. Why is this so hard to do...?

Avsrule2022

"No more rats"
Apr 4, 2012
Longmont, CO
Thanks, I was kind of thinking that.. any duo's they keep together? Or can you tell me if Shyv has been getting any top 6 time?

Kosmachuck and Beaudin worked well together for a while. Greer plays well with anyone. It's really hard for me to even get a grip on line combos. I will say that when they find something that works, they don't seem to stick with it for long regardless of call ups or injury. Hopefully a line or 2 will stick here soon for a while.

Shyv. Love that guy. And no, no top 6 time. He's dragging around schmucks on the 4th line which is no fault of his own. But he's working hard and not pouting and he's still real young. Hopefully he will get a bump up in lines sooner or later.

member 116861

I was hoping that the lines would get posted like the Eagles Twitter page posts them. I literally have no idea whats going on when I read those.

Reactions: Avsrule2022

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Kaut-Agz-O'Connor has been a constant since Dries went up the second time (yes Kaut plays on the left side here). I'd call that one of the top 6 lines. Whatever line Greer is on is the other top 6 line. It's been Greer-Beaudin-Joly lately but has used Kosmachuk instead of Joly before. Toninato was out for about 3 weeks, when he returned they tried him as the center there instead of Beaudin but that didn't work so he's back to centering more the third line, which was given to Dickinson (who is now in Utah) while he was out. That "third line" usually is some variation of the leftovers like Lewis, Kosmachuk, Joly, now Dries since he's back, and used to be Kaut before he took Dries' spot. Shvyrev centers the fourth line and has had wings such as Bass, Barron, Nantel, plus Lewis on occasion. There were a couple weeks the Eagles had Herbert and Ully called up from Utah and used them in top 6 spots and that didn't work either.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I don’t like Greer. I don’t think he has the skating ability to be a real effective NHL’er. But man is he having himself a season. Hope he keeps proving me wrong.

He deserves to be the next callup and deserves some ice time when that happens.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->