2018-19 Colorado Eagles (AHL) and Utah Grizzlies (ECHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
Was Meloche a healthy scratch again last night? Seems surprising to scratch him over some of the vets Cronin might play who have no real future in the organization, particularly given that Meloche has played well.

Greer picked up a couple of assists. He has 17 points in 15 AHL games this season.

Awesome to hear. Let him play this year in the AHL, be point per game throughout the season and get him some offensively confidence. Will do good for his future I'd imagine.

Postanin CB Ting

Apr 6, 2012
Sucks to hear Meloche getting the big Z treatment down there. Opposite sides but they play a similar style game dont they?

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Sucks to hear Meloche getting the big Z treatment down there. Opposite sides but they play a similar style game dont they?

Eh...they're both big strong guys who excel defensively, enjoy getting physical, can really rip the puck and have under-rated hands/passing. But they go about it differently. Zads is more Rob Blake while 'loche is more Adam Foote, if that distinction makes sense to you.

Russian Nik is more mobile/active, and more of a big hitter. While French Nic is just going to beat on you every second of every shift, any time you go into the corners he's going to put a lick on you, any time you go in front of the net you're gunna get a crosscheck, any time you try to get around him on the wide side he's going to staple you to the glass, and just make life miserable for any forwards that don't stay on the perimeter.

benzino

Mar 1, 2012
Estocolmo
Think Kaut got the shootout winner too

SHOOTOUT WINNER KAULY!!!! #EaglesCountry pic.twitter.com/ktqHBX7BlJ

ktqHBX7BlJ

Last edited:

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
San Jose is a top club too, getting two in two games from them is quite a feat. If there is something that is becoming a common occurrence with Kaut, he's started scoring from off the rush shots displaying that just maybe he has a good shot. Not something he really displayed during his draft year, he was always known for his two-way playmaking ability.

Mac2Rants

Sep 25, 2017
NS
San Jose is a top club too, getting two in two games from them is quite a feat. If there is something that is becoming a common occurrence with Kaut, he's started scoring from off the rush shots displaying that just maybe he has a good shot. Not something he really displayed during his draft year, he was always known for his two-way playmaking ability.
yeah he was known for that but if u watched him u could tell his shots not bad at all

Piestany88

Sep 29, 2017
The scouting report I read had Kaut as having a good shot. The only thing I've read otherwise was from of the views people had of training camp , Either way the Avs have another gem coming in Kaut

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
The scouting report I read had Kaut as having a good shot. The only thing I've read otherwise was from of the views people had of training camp , Either way the Avs have another gem coming in Kaut

Modern power forward, and a right handed shot unless I'm mistaken. He'll be our Landy for the middle six IMO.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Modern power forward, and a right handed shot unless I'm mistaken. He'll be our Landy for the middle six IMO.

You’re not mistaken, and a right handed shot actually worth a damn will be a welcomed addition to our roster.

Modern power forward is an interesting definition. Probably works. Not really a guy to drive his shoulder through your head, but uses his size well. Very active stick, hand-eye, board play almost Hossa-esque, but I also find his skating and puck control to be more like a younger, good Vanek.

Seems to be a very mature, high IQ player. Those guys will always adapt quicker and find ways to succeed, evaluating what works and what doesn’t at a specific level. Kaut will be a beauty.

Mac2Rants

Sep 25, 2017
NS
Yeah I think we did in fact get another gem should be a fine top 6 player IMO should be a real nice fit for the 2nd line. Really good on the scouts/sakic even though we haven't had many 2nd+ round players pan out well atm may "change", but anyways he really is making the very most of our 1st rounder that are 10 or worse.

Reactions: RareDangles

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
You’re not mistaken, and a right handed shot actually worth a damn will be a welcomed addition to our roster.

Modern power forward is an interesting definition. Probably works. Not really a guy to drive his shoulder through your head, but uses his size well. Very active stick, hand-eye, board play almost Hossa-esque, but I also find his skating and puck control to be more like a younger, good Vanek.

Seems to be a very mature, high IQ player. Those guys will always adapt quicker and find ways to succeed, evaluating what works and what doesn’t at a specific level. Kaut will be a beauty.

I'll take another shot at a Hossa type player, because Rantanen is turning into something else entirely lol.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Still very early, but it's almost a blessing that Florida took Denisenko because he would've been our pick IMO. Not saying he's bad player, but judging how our youngsters are panning out he'd be a bit redundant with Kerfoot, Jost, etc. Can only have so many 5'10/5'11 players on one line.

On a sidenote, Kupari is looking like a stud, he's lighting it up overseas right now.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Still very early, but it's almost a blessing that Florida took Denisenko because he would've been our pick IMO. Not saying he's bad player, but judging how our youngsters are panning out he'd be a bit redundant with Kerfoot, Jost, etc. Can only have so many 5'10/5'11 players on one line.

On a sidenote, Kupari is looking like a stud, he's lighting it up overseas right now.

When they’ve got talent like Denisenko then you move the other smurfs if you do end up being “too small”. Plus he’s got some very Jimmothy like chippiness to go with having better hands than any forward on our team other than MacK n Mikko. Ditto Bokk.

But I like Kaut, so I’m not botching about the pick...and even if I was, we can still make everything right by grabbing a dynamic winger like Kakko or Podkolzin with the sens pick!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->