2018-19 CBJ "Buy/Sell" thread

CBJFan827

I hate you Brad Marchand
Jul 19, 2006
Oy Vey! If that happens Jackets are screwed. I'll sell.

Buy/Sell: Foligno continues the every other year trend and tops 50 points
BUY!!! This will require Bread to be traded, injuries to one of the other top 6 wingers, and/or Jenner not being good enough for top 6 offensive time. I imagine, when Bread is traded, Foligno replaces him with Atkinson and PLD.

Buy/Sell: Cleveland doesn't finish last in their division again.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
The Browns or Monsters? If its the Monsters, sell, if its the Browns, buy.

PLD struggles and gets jumped by Wennberg on the depth chart for a large portion of the season

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
The Browns or Monsters? If its the Monsters, sell, if its the Browns, buy.

PLD struggles and gets jumped by Wennberg on the depth chart for a large portion of the season

I see Torts leaving Wennberg-Jenner and PLD-Panarin together (at least as long as Panarin is a Jacket). So I could see Dubois struggling, but I don't know about the depth chart thing, so I'll sell.

Jenner goes 20-20 (or more).

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I see Torts leaving Wennberg-Jenner and PLD-Panarin together (at least as long as Panarin is a Jacket). So I could see Dubois struggling, but I don't know about the depth chart thing, so I'll sell.

Jenner goes 20-20 (or more).

I"ll sell. History is on my side.

Buy/Sell: One of Anderson, Bjorkstrand or Abramov switches to LW.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Buy. We saw a brief glimpse of Anderson at LW last season before he got hurt.

Buy/Sell: Werenski and Jones combine for >105 points

Buy buy buy.

Jones: 18-45-63
Werenski: 16-36-52

115 points combined.

————————————

CBJ had just 9 fighting majors all year last year. Foligno and Andy led the team with 2 each...

Jackets will finish the year with more than 9 fighting majors and someone other than Foligno/Anderson will lead the team.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I will buy the "more than nine" part but I think Nick will lead the team, so I'll sell that part.

Here's the "elephant-in-the-room" question...

Buy/sell: The Jackets win a playoff series this coming postseason.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I will buy the "more than nine" part but I think Nick will lead the team, so I'll sell that part.

Here's the "elephant-in-the-room" question...

Buy/sell: The Jackets win a playoff series this coming postseason.

Because I don't think they will be in the playoffs I'll sell (and hope I'm wrong)

Buy/Sell: Korpi has 2 or more shutouts

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Because I don't think they will be in the playoffs I'll sell (and hope I'm wrong)

Buy/Sell: Korpi has 2 or more shutouts

Sell, team discipline is slipping and it's making it too damn hard on the goalies.

Buy/Sell: Torts gets canned.

CBJFan827

I hate you Brad Marchand
Jul 19, 2006
Buy. The lack of extension says it all. The ultimate vote of no confidence.

Buy/Sell..........Bob traded by TDL.
Sell. I can't imagine any team being able to/want to acquire him like that.

Buy/Sell: It's more likely Seguin signs a contract extension with Dallas before the TDL than Panarin finishing the season with Columbus

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
Sell. I can't imagine any team being able to/want to acquire him like that.

Buy/Sell: It's more likely Seguin signs a contract extension with Dallas before the TDL than Panarin finishing the season with Columbus
I'll sell. I may be in the minority here, but I think Panarin plays the whole year here. This is, after all, a business. Panarin wins games and sells tickets. No way they trade that away unless they are the worst team in the league after 40 games, which I do not expect. Packages of futures do nothing for this team, they're already young. Panarin helps us win, and another season where winning is expected helps our core long-term.

Buy/Sell: PLD scores 25 goals or more.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I'll sell. I may be in the minority here, but I think Panarin plays the whole year here. This is, after all, a business. Panarin wins games and sells tickets. No way they trade that away unless they are the worst team in the league after 40 games, which I do not expect. Packages of futures do nothing for this team, they're already young. Panarin helps us win, and another season where winning is expected helps our core long-term.

Buy/Sell: PLD scores 25 goals or more.

With that shot, easy buy.

Buy/Sell: CBJ have 5+ 20 goal scorers.

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
With that shot, easy buy.

Buy/Sell: CBJ have 5+ 20 goal scorers.
Buy. I think we have as many as 8 or 9 guys with at least an outside shot at it. Cam, Panarin, PLD, Andy, and Zach get my top 5 most likely. Others with a chance are Jones, Bjork, Duclair, and Foligno.

Buy/Sell: Jackets PP operates higher than 20%

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Buy. 20% on the dot would have made them 19th in the league on the PP, which is below average. I think that's around where they will be. It's certainly not going to be as bad as it was last year (one would hope) but not 2016-17 either.

(shit I was beaten by LeeSmith. I'll buy his for the same reason. around 20% PP and around 80% PK)

Jack Johnson gets a welcome back tribute

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011

I will sell this comment. It is completely wrong imo, just like the fantastic finish led to an 0-8 start the next year, Jenner's 30 goal season led to nothing, Foligno's 70 point season led to having to add two seasons together to top 70. Not to derail the thread but when/if Bread walks for nothing the team will better off with the assets they obtain for him rather than fondly remembering the wins form the 2018*19 season.

Reactions: CBJFan827

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Buy. 20% on the dot would have made them 19th in the league on the PP, which is below average. I think that's around where they will be. It's certainly not going to be as bad as it was last year (one would hope) but not 2016-17 either.

(**** I was beaten by LeeSmith. I'll buy his for the same reason. around 20% PP and around 80% PK)

Jack Johnson gets a welcome back tribute
Buy for sure. Even though he was here before Kekalainen and JD his positive attitude towards the team and city was refreshing. Not to mention a good leader and pro off the ice even if it didnt always translate onto the ice.

Buy/sell Kukan takes the 6th spot to start the year and doesnt look back, staying up the rest of the year

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Buy/sell Kukan takes the 6th spot to start the year and doesnt look back, staying up the rest of the year

I'll buy. Carlsson didn't show as much last season.

Buy/Sell: Davidsson makes team out of camp but flounders and when "sent" to Cleveland he refuses to go and heads back to Sweden

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
I'll buy. Carlsson didn't show as much last season.

Buy/Sell: Davidsson makes team out of camp but flounders and when "sent" to Cleveland he refuses to go and heads back to Sweden

Sell. I think he will be a tad over his head like Abramov was last year, and just head to Sweden.

Abramov scores his first NHL goal this season.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Buy. I think he will get a few games in a CBJ jersey this year and score one. When asked to comment on Abramov's first goal at the post game pressser, Torts will reply "he needs to check more."

Buy/Sell - Ryan Murray will play in at least 55 games this year.

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
Buy. I think he will get a few games in a CBJ jersey this year and score one. When asked to comment on Abramov's first goal at the post game pressser, Torts will reply "he needs to check more."

Buy/Sell - Ryan Murray will play in at least 55 games this year.
That's a good over/under. I'll buy, but it might be close.

Buy/Sell: Sonny Milano scores 40+ points.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Sell. I think he'll get close but just miss it.

Buy/Sell: Jack Johnson outscores Ryan Murray.
Buy. Think he'll get a good deal of PP time. Also, not hard to out score low scoring, part time players.

Buy/Sell................Jackets make playoffs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad