2018-19 CBJ "Buy/Sell" thread

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
No, not a ticket thread, that's still here: https://hfboards.mandatory.com/thre...-ticket-exchange-meetups-etc-in-here.2001091/

This is our annual "late summer and there's nothing to talk about so let's play a game" thread.

Make a statement/prediction regarding the Blue Jackets upcoming season. Can be a stat/number thing, or more general. Next poster either buys (thinks it will happen) or sells (thinks it won't), explanations optional but welcome, then makes a statement/prediction of their own.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Bob plays the entire season without an extension.

Buy. I could see both parties wanting to see how the playoffs go.

Buy/Sell - Artemi agrees to a sign and trade mid-season, going against his no-talks stance.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Buy. I could see both parties wanting to see how the playoffs go.

Buy/Sell - Artemi agrees to a sign and trade mid-season, going against his no-talks stance.
Sell; I'm not convinced Kekalainen would do a midseason trade.

PLD manages a 70-point (or more) season.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Buy, I could see him going 20/20.

Buy/sell: Bjorkstrand scores at least 25G and hits at least 50pts.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Buy, I could see him going 20/20.

Buy/sell: Bjorkstrand scores at least 25G and hits at least 50pts.

Sell, he's never had half that many goals. Besides where is the ice time going to come from if you're already presuming Duclair moves up? We have a lot of guys who can score if they get ice time, but not enough to go around.

Buy/Sell: The team goes back into the top ten in goals for.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Sell, he's never had half that many goals. Besides where is the ice time going to come from if you're already presuming Duclair moves up? We have a lot of guys who can score if they get ice time, but not enough to go around.

Buy/Sell: The team goes back into the top ten in goals for.
I'll buy that.

And as for my last one, injuries create a ton of opportunities for players lower in the lineup. And I think Bjorkstrand solidifies himself into the top 6 this season. He could replace Vanek on the Jenner/Wennberg line and if Duclair is playing well he might be able to work his way onto the third line.

Buy/Sell: Bob plays at least 60 games for the 3rd straight year.

CBJFan827

I hate you Brad Marchand
Jul 19, 2006
I'll buy that.
Buy/Sell: Bob plays at least 60 games for the 3rd straight year.
Wishful sell: the team goes the whole year without an extension, and gives other goalies (namely Korpisalo) more starts to see what they have. Bob'll be in the range of 55-60, no doubt.

Josh Anderson does not break 20 goals this season, and spends time on the "4th line" with Dubi.

Reactions: CBJSTH

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I love this yearly thread. Idk why.

Buy: but I thought he would be traded this summer and alas he's here. I still have high hopes for him.

The Jackets start slowly in October (under .500)

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
I love this yearly thread. Idk why.

Buy: but I thought he would be traded this summer and alas he's here. I still have high hopes for him.

The Jackets start slowly in October (under .500)
Sell. I like to think that, as a now pretty established team, the days of wondering how the year will start off are over. That is, if we have Panarin.

While playing with Panarin, Cam is on pace for 40 goals through at least December.

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

CBJFan827

I hate you Brad Marchand
Jul 19, 2006
Sell. I like to think that, as a now pretty established team, the days of wondering how the year will start off are over. That is, if we have Panarin.

While playing with Panarin, Cam is on pace for 40 goals through at least December.
Sell. THat seems a little high.

Reposting because it looks like my last post got overlooked!

Josh Anderson does not break 20 goals this season, and spends time on the "4th line" with Dubi.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Sell. THat seems a little high.

Reposting because it looks like my last post got overlooked!

Since he could score 19 in middle six duty, I'll buy the first part and sell the second.

Zach Werenski finishes the season third on the team in points and third in Norris voting.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Sell 5th in points 7th in Norris

Murray and Nuti set down roots and become our consistant 2nd pairing defensive minded pair?

Reactions: MoeBartoli

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Since he could score 19 in middle six duty, I'll buy the first part and sell the second.

Zach Werenski finishes the season third on the team in points and third in Norris voting.
I'll buy the first. Panarin, Atkinson and then Z is a possibility in the points standings.

Sell on part 2. Don't think he's in that zip code yet.

Buy/Sell................Torts is job hunting before season's end.

CBJFan827

I hate you Brad Marchand
Jul 19, 2006
Sell 5th in points 7th in Norris

Murray and Nuti set down roots and become our consistant 2nd pairing defensive minded pair?
I want to buy, but I just can't. Sell.

Buy/Sell................Torts is job hunting before season's end.
Sell. If it happens, it's in June.

Buy/Sell: Eric Robinson does not make the team to start the year, but gets 10-15 games called up from the AHL throughout the year.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Buy/Sell: Eric Robinson does not make the team to start the year, but gets 10-15 games called up from the AHL throughout the year.
Buy, primarily because we have so little depth in Cleveland.

Buy/Sell - The PowerPlay exceeds 17% this year

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
If Larson stays in charge sell... once he is gone buy.

A rookie comes out of no where and has a break out whether it be someone like Davidsson and it be a full year or someone like Abramov after the TDL breaking out like Bjorkstrand for the end of the season.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I'll buy. I could see a semi-sale at the deadline and have a young guy like Abramov come up and play well.

Joonas Korpisalo has a 2.80+ GAA again

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Hmmmmmmm............................I think I might sell on this one:laugh:

Buy/Sell...... Wennberg gets 55 or more points.

Man, I had you as a strong buy on Dubi...

I'll reluctantly sell on Wennberg...he doesn't shoot enough & I worry about his LW.

Buy/Sell: Milano scores 20 or more goals

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

213 Sentinel

Jul 2, 2006
Marysville, Ohio
Man, I had you as a strong buy on Dubi...

I'll reluctantly sell on Wennberg...he doesn't shoot enough & I worry about his LW.

Buy/Sell: Milano scores 20 or more goals

Buy. It'll be 21 or 22, and his play away from the puck will improve.

Buy/Sell: Sergei Bobrovsky finishes the regular season with a GAA under 2.37

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad