2018-19 Calder Trophy Contenders

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Thought he will be with Thomas and Blais?

Although Kyrou should be on the 2nd pp unit with his offense.

They have it listed as Schwartz-Schenn-Kyrou as of today
Thomas is on the 4th line w/ Blais

What's with these multiple posts?? Brutal

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Oh no. Not The Last Word!?!?

https://www.tsn.ca/37-rookies-to-know-for-the-new-nhl-season-1.1184671

#16 on this list. The kid is a stud.

2 things

1) our top 100 prospects list was not a prediction of prospects who would make an impact this season, so i don't see how its relevant here. that said, we don't have him on our top 25 calder contenders so fair enough.

2) I still don't see the offence in Dube's game. Nice defensive game, but I don't think his offence will translate in the NHL. He's an NHLer, probably a good third liner, but I didn't see him having the offence for a calder bid, or to be a top prospect. A top prospect needs to have offensive upside IMO.

Reactions: lawrence

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
2) I still don't see the offence in Dube's game. Nice defensive game, but I don't think his offence will translate in the NHL. He's an NHLer, probably a good third liner, but I didn't see him having the offence for a calder bid, or to be a top prospect. A top prospect needs to have offensive upside IMO.

I was not sold on Dube for sometime(last few seasons) but he's turning heads lately. He has wheels and an offensive instinct, although we'll see how he handles real defenceman now. I believe he has top 6 potential and could be in the mix for the calder if he's getting more minutes and pp time.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Lol what happened to that Casey mittlestadt guy? Was told by a few he’s better then pettersson.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Lol at some of the users here trying to sell their prospects. Trying so dearly hard, when in fact most teams will realistically not have a prospect that will contend for the calder.

TeddyBare

Jul 28, 2016
Mississauga, Ontario
Lol what happened to that Casey mittlestadt guy? Was told by a few he’s better then pettersson.

There is over 2,500 games in a NHL regular season my guy
less than 1% of the games have been played.
Literally 2/3 of the teams in the league havent even played a single game

What are you seriously going on about?

Kevs Security

inmateMack/CanesMack/LeafMack/elMacko
May 28, 2018
Toronto, Canada
Kotkaniemi's going to finish the season with 7 points. Mark my words. 5 years from now, no-one will even remember his name. "Kotka who? Oh, the biggest bust since Nail Yakupov? Haha, now that's a name I haven't heard in a loooong time. I heard he's currently playing in Allsvenskan. You know, the AHL of Sweden?". That's what's going to happen, my mans.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
Kotkaniemi's going to finish the season with 7 points. Mark my words. 5 years from now, no-one will even remember his name. "Kotka who? Oh, the biggest bust since Nail Yakupov? Haha, now that's a name I haven't heard in a loooong time. I heard he's currently playing in Allsvenskan. You know, the AHL of Sweden?". That's what's going to happen, my mans.

7 points if he only plays the first 9 games, beyond that, not possible.

Brownies

You don't think he's a good prospect ? Why ? He's got the size, the vision and a great shot, seriously one may doubt what he does this year or the next, but I don't get why anyone would think this is not a future NHLer.

Patrik Barkov

Jun 25, 2016
What?

Kevs Security

inmateMack/CanesMack/LeafMack/elMacko
May 28, 2018
Toronto, Canada
You don't think he's a good prospect ? Why ? He's got the size, the vision and a great shot, seriously one may doubt what he does this year or the next, but I don't get why anyone would think this is not a future NHLer.

He's just plain bad, my man. Reminds me of Louis Leblanc to be honest.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->