2018-19 Calder Trophy Contenders

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Is argument is very poor. Doesn't even consider quality of opponents, quality of teammates, quality of offense and PP, quality of defensive assignments, actual defensive play, goals, primary points, etc.

Really just bad reasoning on his part. Sabres are a much better team than the Stars so far this season, and of course advanced stats will show that.

Travis Yost, pulled a Donald Trump like comment there. What ever he says people will believe. I kindly responded asking him where did he come up with that information. Because in a recent game against the Canucks,what he just posted in that tweet is anything but the truth. Of course that was one game. that said Travis Yost is also a guy does not have the best reputation. I woulnd't be surprised if what he said was total b.s and taking his chances to see if people will challenge his statement. Funny thing was my comment was deleted rather then answering me. already not impressed with him at all.

Reactions: Kcb12345

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Travis Yost, pulled a Donald Trump like comment there. What ever he says people will believe. I kindly responded asking him where did he come up with that information. Because in a recent game against the Canucks,what he just posted in that tweet is anything but the truth. Of course that was one game. that said Travis Yost is also a guy does not have the best reputation. I woulnd't be surprised if what he said was total b.s and taking his chances to see if people will challenge his statement. Funny thing was my comment was deleted rather then answering me. already not impressed with him at all.

Kinda like when he pretends to have inside information on trades and things lmao. He's a joke

Aqualung

Nov 16, 2007
Wanna make a friendly bet that this is not going to be Peterrson's last trip to the IR this year? Thats a slight, lean little boy trying to survive in a man's league. Its only a matter of time before he gets hurt again imo.

Tkachuk's game is so much more robust than Petterson's, and he was easily the better player up until he was injured. As long as the points continue to flow for Tkachuk when he gets back, it will be very difficult to argue against him.

He really was though. He brings so much more to the table than points. Petterson would have to be putting up far more points than Brady to make a case for himself.

Petersson has been dynamic offensively, but cant hold a candle to Brady in terms of his complete game or intensity level. Brady was literally playing like one of, if not the best PWF in the league in his first 6 games.

Not too mention that he's just a bigger personality all over the ice and bench, his presence is felt at all times.

Come to Canada, its legal here now :nod:

Yeah anyways I do believe Tkachuk has been better, and I wont be alone on that. IF he slows down offensively then it gets much harder, but we havent seen that yet.

Lol.

Anyways, looks like this in not as one sided fpr Petersson as some of the posters in here made it out to be. Ive been saying since game 7 that Brady has a very legit shot at the Calder this year.

1. Tkachuk
2. Heiskanen
3. Dahlin
4. Pettersson
5. Cholowski

for me so far

A whole lot of nope. Tkachuck wasn’t better then, and definitely not now.

Last edited:

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
1. Pettersson
2. Dahlin/Heiskanen
3. Heiskanen/Dahlin
- Tkachuk

Flip a coin on the 2 defensemen for the positioning.

I think Tkachuk is a worthy top 3 but its another strong rookie class this year. With how good the 2 defensemen have been (and only continuing to get better) I still think its going to be those 2 rounding out the finalists.

Reactions: wetcoast

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
Only shot anyone else has to win is if EP gets injured long term. Even then he might have won it already.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Even if Petterson misses alot of games its hard to impossible for the two defenseman to really make it a competetive race ( i don't think anyone else is even in the conversation anymore ) . 60 Points for rookie defenseman might do it which i suppose could be possible but unlikely.

Heiskanen might have to score 25 goals or Dahlin get 50 assists . Don't see either happening .

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
1. Pettersson
2. Dahlin/Heiskanen
3. Heiskanen/Dahlin
- Tkachuk

Flip a coin on the 2 defensemen for the positioning.

I think Tkachuk is a worthy top 3 but its another strong rookie class this year. With how good the 2 defensemen have been (and only continuing to get better) I still think its going to be those 2 rounding out the finalists.

Fully agree with this.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Even if Petterson misses alot of games its hard to impossible for the two defenseman to really make it a competetive race ( i don't think anyone else is even in the conversation anymore ) . 60 Points for rookie defenseman might do it which i suppose could be possible but unlikely.

Heiskanen might have to score 25 goals or Dahlin get 50 assists . Don't see either happening .
If one of the dmen gets 60 points, then that would do it more than "might."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->