Prospect Info: 2018-19 Binghamton Devils and ECHL talk part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Ok so there is a big possibility Kinkaid , Schneider , Lack and Johnson aren't with the organization next year. That means Blackwood , Senn , Schmid are the only only goalies we have in the system. Hopefully we can keep Cormier next year too and see what he can do in a full season. We couod have a potential Nhl caliber player here since goalies are hard to predict.

Schneider is going to be here unless they buy him out which I don't see happening.

bodda

Feb 26, 2012
Foppaland
Good news: McLeod is back tonight

Bad news: Jacobs, Quenneville and Sharangovich got hurt last game.

Damn, this team is so unlucky with injuries.

Setec Astronomy

Jun 15, 2012
Where the hell did Cormier come from. There’s no way this guy is any good, is there?

Edit: I know his story, failed miserably in getting the sarcasm through

Last edited:

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
Baby it is cold outside....
Binghamton 2 at Lehigh Valley 1 - Status: Final
Friday, January 11, 2019 - PPL Center
Binghamton 0 2 0 - 2
Lehigh Valley 0 0 1 - 1

1st Period- No Scoring.Penalties-Ward Bng (slashing), 9:08.
2nd Period-1, Binghamton, Schmelzer 7 (Lappin, Gignac), 9:16. 2, Binghamton, Lappin 12 (Gignac, White), 16:16. Penalties-Palmquist Lv (holding), 14:05; Yakovlev Bng (holding), 18:02.
3rd Period-3, Lehigh Valley, Palmquist 3 (Bunnaman, Twarynski), 12:55. Penalties-Vorobyev Lv (slashing), 18:00.
Shots on Goal-Binghamton 2-12-5-19. Lehigh Valley 9-12-10-31.
Power Play Opportunities-Binghamton 0 / 2; Lehigh Valley 0 / 2.
Goalies-Binghamton, Cormier 3-1-0 (31 shots-30 saves). Lehigh Valley, Lyon 8-7-1 (19 shots-17 saves).

Reactions: My3Sons

ek93

Dec 28, 2014
New York
For the Bing fans up there, how is Gignac's skating speed?

In juniors he was a blazer
Has the ACL injury slowed him down?

ACL looks fine, he can fly again. Fastest skater on the team.

I know who he is and his history. I’m asking if he can be for real.

Obviously this remains to be seen, but it's just incredible that he's been able to jump in and perform so well, especially with the team in front of him.

This team has been hit so hard with injuries, suspensions, call-ups, and everything else along the way. This current lineup they're icing every night HAS to be one of the worst I've seen in a long time because of all those things. But somehow they keep finding ways to win, and lately because of Cormier. I would love to see what he would be like for a full season with a solid team in front of him.

If nothing else, he's been a great story for all of us to root for down here in an otherwise lost season. Hopefully he can keep it up.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Where the hell did Cormier come from. There’s no way this guy is any good, is there?

Was a Devils draft pick who played on some god awful teams in junior but seemed to always get high praise every once in a while despite it.

Devils seemingly chose to sign Cam Johnson (probably because it was a one year deal given our goaltending situation) versus offering Cormier his ELC this summer.

Setec Astronomy

Jun 15, 2012
Was a Devils draft pick who played on some god awful teams in junior but seemed to always get high praise every once in a while despite it.

Devils seemingly chose to sign Cam Johnson (probably because it was a one year deal given our goaltending situation) versus offering Cormier his ELC this summer.

Again, knew who he was and his story, failed miserably in conveying that.

EnglishDevil

Nov 11, 2009
London, UK & Chicago, US
Interesting...

Gignac has been killing it lately, why on earth would they scratch him? I saw that both Shero & Fletcher are at the game tonight along with a bunch of scouts, I can't imagine Gignac is hurt if he was projected to be line-up until the last second?

Wonder if there's a trade afoot? There's no way he's out of the lineup for performance reasons.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
That tweet was about last night's game. Most likely reason for him being scratched is injury - less likely, but also possible, is that he's getting called up and the Devils don't want him potentially playing 4 games in 5 nights.

ek93

Dec 28, 2014
New York
Devils broadcaster Rob Lippolis says his guess is Gignac was shaken up after blocking a shot late in the game last night, though he did finish the game.

Reactions: Darkauron
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad