Prospect Info: 2018-19 Binghamton Devils and ECHL talk part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Matt Moulson is still kicking around eh?
That contract is finally over on July 1st.

If he wasn't turning 36 in November, I could see him getting an NHL contract on July 1st. He was almost a PPG player in the AHL over the last 2 years.

But due to turning 36 in November and not playing in the NHL in almost 2 years (played 14 games in 17-18 and had 0 points), on top of 2 poor and unproductive NHL seasons even before that (53 points and 21 goals over his last 176 NHL games between 2015-2016 and 2017-2018), I would say he's done in the NHL.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
So much for Adam Helewka - he was put on unconditional waivers and cleared.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
That contract is finally over on July 1st.

If he wasn't turning 36 in November, I could see him getting an NHL contract on July 1st. He was almost a PPG player in the AHL over the last 2 years.

But due to turning 36 in November and not playing in the NHL in almost 2 years (played 14 games in 17-18 and had 0 points), on top of 2 poor and unproductive NHL seasons even before that (53 points and 21 goals over his last 176 NHL games between 2015-2016 and 2017-2018), I would say he's done in the NHL.

Nice job owners and NHLPA creating a CBA that ensures guys like MM will never have a chance at a late 30s renaissance.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
Nice job owners and NHLPA creating a CBA that ensures guys like MM will never have a chance at a late 30s renaissance.

There's absolutely nothing in the CBA stopping Moulson or anyone else from having a late 30s renaissance. He's not going to have one, though.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
There's absolutely nothing in the CBA stopping Moulson or anyone else from having a late 30s renaissance. He's not going to have one, though.

Wrong! He’s already taken up painting and sculpture and has plans for expanding our understanding of mathematics all while also writing a play and wearing billowy robes. Maybe get your facts straight next time.

Someone insert a Spider-Man let’s argue gif.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Utica Comets fan here. The Comets just signed a former player of yours in Carter Camper. He put up good numbers for you in his stretch there, 52/75GP. My question is, "Did he put up those points on the wing or as a center. It appears our braintrust has signed him to play center. Want to clarify that issue. If his points came from the middle it would back up their move.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Utica Comets fan here. The Comets just signed a former player of yours in Carter Camper. He put up good numbers for you in his stretch there, 52/75GP. My question is, "Did he put up those points on the wing or as a center. It appears our braintrust has signed him to play center. Want to clarify that issue. If his points came from the middle it would back up their move.
You have one of the GOAT user names I've ever seen!:thumbu:

I don't remember him much, but I remember a few people wanted him called up.

Was he the guy that was only here on loan from another team who didn't have room on their AHL squad and Devils Dominion always said we needed to just trade for him and bring him up and that the Albany Devils would be worse when his organization dealt him as part of a trade somewhere else and he had to leave? Actually, I think that was Corey Tropp.

I don't really remember Camper much, other than there were a few people who wanted him called up, probably because he had good AHL production and we were horrid that year.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
You have one of the GOAT user names I've ever seen!:thumbu:

I don't remember him much, but I remember a few people wanted him called up.

Was he the guy that was only here on loan from another team who didn't have room on their AHL squad and Devils Dominion always said we needed to just trade for him and bring him up and that the Albany Devils would be worse when his organization dealt him as part of a trade somewhere else and he had to leave? Actually, I think that was Corey Tropp.

I don't really remember Camper much, other than there were a few people who wanted him called up, probably because he had good AHL production and we were horrid that year.

Thanks for the effort. LOL

Tao Jersey Jones

Sep 28, 2003
Plainfield, NJ

Center.

Tracey Lake did an awesome job of recording forward lines and D pairs when she covered the Albany Devils on her Thoughts Inside The Box blog.

Here's the link for April 2017, the last month Camper played for Albany.

April 2017 – Thoughts Inside The Box

Reactions: Nubmer6

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
So... do we have ANY players left in Bing? I feel like we can't even ice a full team of 23.

Tao Jersey Jones

Sep 28, 2003
Plainfield, NJ
So... do we have ANY players left in Bing? I feel like we can't even ice a full team of 23.
Including Seney/Anderson/Bastian/McLeod and RFAs Jacobs and Baddock and not including Hayden/Rooney, we're at 23 plus 5 or 6 AHL UFAs and NHL UFAs Lack, Tangradi, and Gryba. Strait could be done with concussion and we still need a vet G.

Binghamton Devils at eliteprospects.com

Reactions: Nubmer6

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Including Seney/Anderson/Bastian/McLeod and RFAs Jacobs and Baddock and not including Hayden/Rooney, we're at 23 plus 5 or 6 AHL UFAs and NHL UFAs Lack, Tangradi, and Gryba. Strait could be done with concussion and we still need a vet G.

Binghamton Devils at eliteprospects.com
I feel like at least one of Anderson or Bastian will be with the big club next year, unless camp goes horribly wrong.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
I'm still unclear whether Adam Helewka is still with the team - Lavoie said he was on unconditional waivers for mutual contract termination but I haven't heard anything more about it and Capfriendly still lists him as being under contract for next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->