Prospect Info: 2018-19 Binghamton Devils and ECHL talk part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

thethinglonger

Castron & Crew
Dec 1, 2014
New Jersey
Pop definitely needs to work on his acceleration. He has very good top-end skating speed but it takes him a while to get there. I think that is the biggest hurdle to his success in the AHL.

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
Bingo next season?

Boqvist-McLeod-Anderson
Seney-Gignac-Studenic
Zetterland-Speers-Bastian
Maltsev-Sharagovich-Popugayev

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Pop definitely needs to work on his acceleration. He has very good top-end skating speed but it takes him a while to get there. I think that is the biggest hurdle to his success in the AHL.
In general I think he needs to rev the motor higher. Probably in offseason workouts as well, which should help with that acceleration issue.

Wonder where he is right now. States or Russia?

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
Man, we have too many righties.

Young, but talented group.

Do we know that Maltsev is coming over?

That forward group has 6 right shots.

Maltsev is coming over, though CapFriendly does list a European Assignment Clause in his deal, that's probably more for years 2 and 3.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
That forward group has 6 right shots.

Maltsev is coming over, though CapFriendly does list a European Assignment Clause in his deal, that's probably more for years 2 and 3.
I was kind of kidding, given RW is considered an organizational weakspot.

But that lineup did have Zetterlund on the lw (while Stud's a lefty on rw), and in general I figure 6 is a high number. We have what 2 righties in our top 9 in NJ? 3-4 total if you include the 4th line.

My point was really: it's good we are building up some righy depth.

Edit: Good to know on Maltsev. He's dropped a bit in my personal rankings(not that I actually have such a thing) just due to point totals, but who knows whats going on in those Russian leagues.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Boqvist is SHL or NHL I believe.

Add a veteran forward or two for the top six and one for the bottom six and that's it.
I was thinking that too, but then I read that he "has the option to" return to the SHL, as in it's not a requirement of his contract.

Also, of Anderson and Bastian, and a couple of the other guys, I think there's going to be ONE spot on the NHL roster reserved to let one of these guys prove themselves, and they all get to fight over it.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I know your being sarcastic, but those were our top 2 goals scorers in Bing last year.

Pietila is still our property ya? I feel he's a good guy to have around down there.
I feel like both those guys are at that age where the organization starts to let AHL vets like them go.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I feel like both those guys are at that age where the organization starts to let AHL vets like them go.
I dunno, vets like that are often key to a minor leagues teams success.

On the other hand Bing is pretty stocked with younger guys with more upside. So there is a #'s crunch.

Lappin I could see letting him walk as I thought he had a dissapointing year, both in the NHL and the AHL. And I don't think he brings the intangibles Blake does.

And did we not sign Tangradi?

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I dunno, vets like that are often key to a minor leagues teams success.

On the other hand Bing is pretty stocked with younger guys with more upside. So there is a #'s crunch.

Lappin I could see letting him walk as I thought he had a dissapointing year, both in the NHL and the AHL. And I don't think he brings the intangibles Blake does.

And did we not sign Tangradi?
I don't know if we signed Tangradi or if there was just that post that we were interested and about to re-sign him.

AHL teams do keep vets, but they also move on from guys like Lappin and Pietila and start bringing in newer vets that weren't drafted by the organization. Tangradi is one of them, Jim O'Brien was another one off the top of my head.

Those two guys are around the same age we've let other guys walk. Seth Helgeson was another one in recent years.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
I don't know if we signed Tangradi or if there was just that post that we were interested and about to re-sign him.

AHL teams do keep vets, but they also move on from guys like Lappin and Pietila and start bringing in newer vets that weren't drafted by the organization. Tangradi is one of them, Jim O'Brien was another one off the top of my head.

Those two guys are around the same age we've let other guys walk. Seth Helgeson was another one in recent years.

I want Matt Ruchty back :(

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
I think one of Lappin or Pietila will be brought back. They're both decent in the AHL and they need more guys like that down there.

NHL signings of AHL players are often announced in a group. I assume on July 1 the Devils will have signed several players for Binghamton and that Tangradi will be one of them.

Tao Jersey Jones

Sep 28, 2003
Plainfield, NJ
Not sure how many of the new NCAA and Russian picks will make it to development camp next month.

Walsh has attended the last two.

The players who may take part are as follows:

Unsigned draft choices
Entry-Level Players with fewer than 120 total NHL games played and fewer than 70 NHL games played in the previous season
Draft-Related UFAs
Players who were draft-eligible in the last draft, but who weren't selected
Any non-Entry-Level Player who finished last season injured & submits a written request to be allowed to join

Players can spend no more than 3 hours per day on the ice and cannot be forced to attend more than 3 camps for the same team (although they may elect to do so).

https://www.wingingitinmotown.com/2013/ ... ning-camps

G

Cormier attended 16 & 17, not 18
Senn attended 17 & 18
Johnson (RFA) attended 18
Schmid attended 18
Brady (Arizona State)

D

Walsh attended 17 & 18
Sissons attended 17 & 18
Smith attended 18
Bernard attended 18