Injury Report: 2018-19 Avs Injury Thread

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Terrible luck for Kamenev.

Hoping he can return and not head home. He must be cursed with 2 serious injuries after waiting years for his chance to join the NHL.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Had a feeling this was gonna be the case for Kam. That play had separated shoulder written all over it. Tough break for the kid.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
What happened exactly? Was it the TB game?

This is a better look. Just caught him with his arm in a bad position. Always risky when you're extending your arm like that to prevent contact against the boards or a hit.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Damn. I really hope this isn't the end for Kam. He's the one player I wasn't very happy with how he was handled by Bednar and co.

klozge

Avs
Jul 19, 2009
Espelkamp, Germany
Damn. I really hope this isn't the end for Kam. He's the one player I wasn't very happy with how he was handled by Bednar and co.
To be fair, Kamenev has been a huge disappointment. A few flashes here and there but most of the time he was irrelevant offensively and not nearly as good as (at least I) expected defensively.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
To be fair, Kamenev has been a huge disappointment. A few flashes here and there but most of the time he was irrelevant offensively and not nearly as good as (at least I) expected defensively.
He was fine considering where he was playing. I wouldn't call him a huge disappointment at all. The kid has the size and skill to be a solid 3c. Hopefully this isn't the end of his career in Colorado.

klozge

Avs
Jul 19, 2009
Espelkamp, Germany
He was fine considering where he was playing. I wouldn't call him a huge disappointment at all. The kid has the size and skill to be a solid 3c. Hopefully this isn't the end of his career in Colorado.
Maybe I have too high expectations but I don't think he's had more than two or three good games.

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
Maybe I have too high expectations but I don't think he's had more than two or three good games.
Dont claim to have seen every game but I thought he showed alot when up and was gaining assertiveness confidence and than unfortunately got injured again.

Reactions: cgf

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
I agree. Kamenev hasn't really done anything at the NHL level. Maybe he improves but right now he has very little to offer.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
I agree. Kamenev hasn't really done anything at the NHL level. Maybe he improves but right now he has very little to offer.
He's played less than 30 games in his career, and he's been stuck on the 4th line with a revolving cast of glorified AHL players. I thought he looked great at times, and invisible at other times. It's not a huge loss for the team, it just isn't ideal.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
This is really bad luck for Kamenev. I feel bad for him and unfortunately I think this is the end for his NHL career. Probably heads to Russia after this.

On the flip side I hope they give Greer his shot. He deserves a chance. He has been really solid in the AHL this year.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
This is really bad luck for Kamenev. I feel bad for him and unfortunately I think this is the end for his NHL career. Probably heads to Russia after this.

On the flip side I hope they give Greer his shot. He deserves a chance. He has been really solid in the AHL this year.

So absurd it boggles the mind.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'

Greer was called up so you get your wish. He has earned an NHL go for sure.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
So absurd it boggles the mind.
It's not that we won't give him the shot, moreso the motivation level for Kamenev. He probably can make a decent amount in Russia, or play 4th line here. I guess it will come down to what he'd prefer to do.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
"Wait, hold on, hold on, hold on...okay kids...play it...do you see what Kamenoff did there? Kids, never lift your should when you're going for a hit, okay kids." "Whenever you put your extremities out and not square to your body, you're going to have a bad time." ~ My take in Don Cherry's mannerism. Unfortunately, that was Kamenev's fault in how he was bracing for the hit - absolutely dumbest way you can imagine and get yourself in sticky situations. Terrible luck for the guy though, especially when two pylons happened to injure him.

Last edited:
Reactions: Waingro

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad