Injury Report: 2018-19 Avs Injury Thread

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Not even a week ago people were trying to convince me this year's goal for Timmins was just to live a normal life. :rolleyes:

Well when you have post concussion syndrome for 4/5 months or whatever it was it really does become more about getting healthy and being able to do feel normal again.

Reactions: avsfan09

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Going through a lot of it on his own too while living out of a hotel.

Yeah. Not only do you have these horrible symptoms plaguing you on and off, a lot of the time you have to sit in a dark room doing nothing alone to help the symptoms. Would be super hard on your mental state 100%.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Yeah. Not only do you have these horrible symptoms plaguing you on and off, a lot of the time you have to sit in a dark room doing nothing alone to help the symptoms. Would be super hard on your mental state 100%.

Imagine going through it for years like Joey Hishon. Must have been absolute hell.

It's amazing that he was able to fight that mental battle enough to still play hockey, even though it's not in the NHL. To be worried about that happening again every time you see an opposing player closing in on you? Yikes.

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
Imagine going through it for years like Joey Hishon. Must have been absolute hell.

It's amazing that he was able to fight that mental battle enough to still play hockey, even though it's not in the NHL. To be worried about that happening again every time you see an opposing player closing in on you? Yikes.
Imagine being Steve Moore. Guy's life was ruined by it.

Reactions: Waingro

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Is Timmins going to practice with the team though? I would think once he's truly ready for full practices that they send him down to the minors. Unless they're actually planning to keep him up in the NHL but I can't see them doing that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad