Injury Report: 2018-19 Avs Injury Thread

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Both guys looked fine. Sven was even doing push ups. Josty looked like he had a cut on his head or something. They probably implanted Datsyuks brain into him.

That's likely where he got hit with the stick. That's the way it looked from the replay. Was it around the temple by any chance? Still seems weird he ended up with a concussion, if that hit on his last shift did it. Must have caught him in just the right spot.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Still not sure why they let JTC finish that game. You don't take a full speed shoulder to the jaw knocking you to the ice, and not have any effects from the head trauma. Any talk of him not showing signs of a concussion are just BS excuses IMO. They should have known better. That wasn't a normal hit.

Everyone knows now that additional head trauma before the initial trauma has healed, is what has led to these long lasting concussion symptoms and ruined careers. Not that we know that led to it here, but it's a massive risk they should have known not to take after seeing the replay of that hit.

Reactions: Alex Jones

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
If we lose another young and promising player to concussion syndromes because they were put back into a game when they shouldn't have been, I'm gonna start concussing the team doctors and spotters responsible for it :rant:

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Still early, but it's never good when you hear that concussion symptoms aren't going away. Especially for young players because confidence, and the final stages of development are very important for them, and a long lasting concussion affects both a great deal.

Hopefully that changes in another week or so, and they ease him back into the lineup when he's 100%.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I think we're overreacting about JTC. It hasn't been all that long really, concussions are tricky and no two are alike. If he isn't back in two weeks, then I think we can start really worrying about long term damage, but it's too soon for anything else.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
I think we're overreacting about JTC. It hasn't been all that long really, concussions are tricky and no two are alike. If he isn't back in two weeks, then I think we can start really worrying about long term damage, but it's too soon for anything else.
I've been known to be a dramatic :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com

I dunno...I remember when guys like Andrighetto and Barberio were "day to day" and then ended up missing pretty much all of the rest of the regular season. When it starts to drag on like this it definitely gets my hackles up.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
That's the first bit of positive news we've gotten about Compher since he went down.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad