Injury Report: 2018-19 Avs Injury Thread

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Grubauer looking like a gas station employee.
f25.jpg

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

I know this is already mentioned in the other threads, but might as well add it here.

I'm a big fan of G, but I have to admit it's slightly concerning that this is the second playoffs in a row he's been injured early on. Took 3 games last year, and now 2 this year. Guys are gonna take runs at him, and he's got to be able to deal with that.

Pokecheque

Whack it Hard to Girard
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Middle West
www.armoredheadspace.com
I hate that it has to be that way though. I like physical hockey as much as the next guy but players like Girard should not have to worry about late hits from guys hurtling at full speed. That's a larger cultural issue with hockey though.

I don't think it's a coincidence that Bennett has now injured three Avs players. I just hate that the league can't or won't police the issue before injuries result, they wait until a guy goes WAY over the line before handing down punishment. Again, I don't think Bennett did anything suspension-worthy per se, but I do think it was a penalty. And yes, I don't give a f*** if it's postseason, make the goddamn call.

Pokecheque

Whack it Hard to Girard
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Middle West
www.armoredheadspace.com
BTW, don't tell me the refs making the right calls don't make a difference. The Flames were going out of their way to rough up any Avs player remotely near the goal crease after the whistle until one of them finally got dinged at the end of the period, then they finally backed off. If they'd police late hits like that, they wouldn't happen nearly as much.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Any word on Girard? We might beat the Flames without him, but I think we’ll need him if we want to go deeper.
Was skating in non-contract jersey this morning. We won't get any real update until he's ready.

Reactions: 5280

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->