Injury Report: 2018-19 Avs Injury Thread

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Can anyone send me a video?? Wasn't able to watch the game.

This is the only one I could find. Regular speed you can really feel the impact of 6'7" Bishop in goalie gear squishing Landy against the glass. The body can only take so much. Something's going to break/dislocate when you're in between a wall and that kind of weight and mass coming at you.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Almost leaves both feet and throws his full weight backward for good measure.

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
Didn’t this happen to us before when Dutchy got hurt and we were in the hunt? f***

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Good chance we finish with a pair of Top 10 picks now.

Playoffs weren't exactly looking promising anyway but no way they can make it without our 2nd most important player the rest of the season.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Playoffs were out of reach the moment we lost in Dallas and Minnesota beat TB. Losing Landy is just the icing on that failure cake.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Playoffs were out of reach the moment we lost in Dallas and Minnesota beat TB. Losing Landy is just the icing on that failure cake.

Yeah, time to really push the take engine into full force.

Our pick right now is 11th overall, and with 5 teams still within 5 points of us we could get well inside the Top 10 by the time this season finally closes.

As much as it'll suck being outside looking in, we could have a lot to look forward to next year with two picks inside the Top 6 or 7, and Cale Makar signed to an ELC by July 1st.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
I don't care how unlikely the playoffs are for us right now, no way am I going into tank mode. Our organization already has too much of a loser mindset.

Minnesota has lost Granlund, Dumba, Nino, Coyle, Koivu. Yet they're in a playoff position. I'm completely over the loser mentality of packing it in.

Last edited:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I just hope this doesn't break them and our boys can stay in the hunt. Missing the playoffs on the last day or two of the season & picking in the teens would mean soooo much more for this organization than yet another embarrassing collapse, followed by picking 6th-8th.
I don't care how unlikely the playoffs are for us right now, no way am I going into tank mode. Our organization already has too much of a loser mindset.

Minnesota has lost Granlund, Dumba, Nino, Coyle, Koivu. Yet they're in a playoff position. I'm completely over the loser mentality of packing it in.

EssentialShoddyAfricanparadiseflycatcher-small.gif

Last edited:

Mac2Rants

Sep 25, 2017
NS
well if there going to miss the PO's i would much rather a top 5- 10pick than 15th Huhges/Kakko and byram would be ideal.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Yeah, time to really push the take engine into full force.

Our pick right now is 11th overall, and with 5 teams still within 5 points of us we could get well inside the Top 10 by the time this season finally closes.

As much as it'll suck being outside looking in, we could have a lot to look forward to next year with two picks inside the Top 6 or 7, and Cale Makar signed to an ELC by July 1st.
I'm not advocating for a tank, like Foppberg said we need to avoid going into loser mentality more than we need a slightly higher pick. Ottawa's pick is the one that will matter. I'm fine with picking 14th if that means we at least put up a fight, I'm just acknowledging the reality that we're now put of the playoff hunt for all intents and purposes.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I'm not advocating for a tank, like Foppberg said we need to avoid going into loser mentality more than we need a slightly higher pick. Ottawa's pick is the one that will matter. I'm fine with picking 14th if that means we at least put up a fight, I'm just acknowledging the reality that we're now put of the playoff hunt for all intents and purposes.

Not only is fighting for a playoff spot and barely missing, better for team morale going into next season, it's better for attracting the UFA's and coaches they need to go after.

Mac2Rants

Sep 25, 2017
NS
**** that, we've done enough losing. These kids need to start learning that it's not ok to just roll over & die.
i know man, but ultimately i'd rather a pick that can effect this franchise better than them just missing. if they miss by a good amount or by a couple games and come into next season the same attitude and no chip on thier shoulders theres bad internal issues, i would rather the better pick.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
**** that, we've done enough losing. These kids need to start learning that it's not ok to just roll over & die.

Yup... if the Avs miss the playoffs this year, 4 of MacK's 6 seasons will have ended early... 6 of Landy's 8. It is really beyond the point of unacceptable to me, but has to be getting there for other people too.

Reactions: Avs and cgf

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
i know man, but ultimately i'd rather a pick that can effect this franchise better than them just missing. if they miss by a good amount or by a couple games and come into next season the same attitude and no chip on thier shoulders theres bad internal issues, i would rather the better pick.

That pick won't affect us for a few years, whereas another collapse would affect us now. That marginal difference in prospect isn't worth it unless you're already planning for Rebuild 3.0

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad