Injury Report: 2018-19 Avs Injury Thread

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Yeah, Timmins will need some AHL conditioning once he's cleared, if only just to give the Avs their first chance to evaluate him at the pro level. He could still get NHL time this year but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
I'd love to see meloche or someone given a shot
It's always a good idea to throw a young player to the wolves who probably isn't NHL ready. I really don't get that "play the kids no matter what" mantra at all. You're not the only one who thinks that way but it's alway the same BS.

When he's ready he will play. No doubt about that. And in the meantime they are going with the safer option - which is probably Alt.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
It's always a good idea to throw a young player to the wolves who probably isn't NHL ready. I really don't get that "play the kids no matter what" mantra at all. You're not the only one who thinks that way but it's alway the same BS.

When he's ready he will play. No doubt about that. And in the meantime they are going with the safer option - which is probably Alt.

Playing a 21-year-old in his second pro season for maybe 1-2 games is not "throwing him to the wolves." I think you're getting a tad dogmatic about this. Nothing wrong with rewarding a good young defenseman by giving him a taste of the big leagues. Not to mention he may be exactly the defensive partner Sam Girard needs.

This is probably a moot point anyhow. It's gonna be Alt, we all know this.

Incidentally, is Barberio still hurt?

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
They called up Lindholm. WTF

Makes no sense IMO. All coaches do it to an extent, but Bednar seems to have a real blind spot for unskilled players. But if the alternative was Alt, perhaps it is making a mountain out of a molehill.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I sure hope this is a "last chance" sort of deal to see if there's anything even worth keeping, because otherwise this makes no sense whatsoever. Even at the AHL level he's been completely underwhelming.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->