2018-19 Avalanche Tank Thread

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Better players come from more than just the draft, though. Our farm system should be cultivating talent for the big club. FAs are a possibility. Playing players to their strengths will also help in team performance. The mindset that drafting high will fix our problems is misguided. I understand the excitement this year due to the Ottawa pick, but the Avs’ pick shouldn’t be in a range where it can affect the NHL team. It’s a failure that it is.

Well said. Even the Bolts have whiffed at the draft. Everyone does. But the Bolts don't care where they find talent. The Avs appear to be adopting a similar mindset (I know he ain't popular around here, but I still think Alex Kerfoot was a fantastic pickup) but they haven't gone far enough. I still think that scouting department needs to be overhauled at all levels, and I'm still rather perplexed as to how in hell Billington still has his job.

Sakic and Roy did try to really boost the flagging prospect base by signing all those Euro FAs, kinda strange to me that they abandoned that strategy so suddenly. I suppose they did run into some contract limit trouble so maybe that's why.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Well said. Even the Bolts have whiffed at the draft. Everyone does. But the Bolts don't care where they find talent. The Avs appear to be adopting a similar mindset (I know he ain't popular around here, but I still think Alex Kerfoot was a fantastic pickup) but they haven't gone far enough. I still think that scouting department needs to be overhauled at all levels, and I'm still rather perplexed as to how in hell Billington still has his job.

Sakic and Roy did try to really boost the flagging prospect base by signing all those Euro FAs, kinda strange to me that they abandoned that strategy so suddenly. I suppose they did run into some contract limit trouble so maybe that's why.

On the Kerfoot acquisition I think it was great getting an nhl quality player for free. My frustrations come with expecting too much out of him and him being one of the only “top 6” players we have outside the top line.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
**** missing out on Sergachev by one pick still hurts like a *****. Is this what it's like to be a Panthers fan?

AVs supposedly offered Duchene for Sergachev. Maybe the added interest after the Habs drafted helped in getting the huge return?

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO

I recall Sakic saying he wanted to turn the Avs into an organization similar to Tampa Bay and Detroit. I can’t say he’s done that just yet, although there has been improvement in that regard since he took over.

As for Kerfoot, he’s been a fantastic pickup. Better than any of our recent draft picks outside the top-10, for sure. The fact that he was “free” is icing on the cake. He has his warts, sure, but that’s the type of player to round out the roster with, and to trade once his value is proven.

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
No if we win keep it. Don’t change a winning formula.

Disagree. Obviously you guys cheering for the tank is what makes them win, and when you guys cheer for them to win they lose...so status quo would be in order in this case. Thank you in advance for considering this.

Edit: beat to it by TAP! lol

24355407.jpg

katfude

Sep 25, 2015
Why didn't we make this thread when things were sliding into the pit in January? Avs seems to do the opposite of what we want. This thread is the sole reason we won the last 2 games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad