Mar 8, 2013
Still waiting for that Karlsson trade.

JXXhHXw.gif

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
It sounds like they are trying to swing Ryan as part of the deal meaning it will be getting uber complicated as 3 maybe 4 teams will have to get involved.

If that wasn't bad enough read last night that Duchesne was going to be moved out now as well. Ottawa really wants Colorado to have the best odds of that first overall...

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
If he can't be traded to the same team as Hoffman, he'll have to settle for the next closest lol.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
I hope it ends up like Iginla trade. Everyone thinks it's this team then boom, surprise *****es, he's going to Florida :sarcasm:

Where is Aaron Ward these days? He needs to be a special guest on TSN to cover this trade.

Reactions: frag2

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Is this a surprise for the Hurricanes?

Not surprised that it happened, but surprised at the timing. What I mean by that is once Peters was let go and Brindy became coach, many of us thought Smith would be moving on. But he stayed on for the past month or so before finally leaving so the timing is odd.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Not surprised that it happened, but surprised at the timing. What I mean by that is once Peters was let go and Brindy became coach, many of us thought Smith would be moving on. But he stayed on for the past month or so before finally leaving so the timing is odd.
Maybe some sort of better offer? Matheson suggested associate coach maybe somewhere? Is there any AHL team still looking for a head coach? Or he just realized things weren't going to work in Carolina and is getting the f*** out?

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Maybe some sort of better offer? Matheson suggested associate coach maybe somewhere? Is there any AHL team still looking for a head coach? Or he just realized things weren't going to work in Carolina and is getting the **** out?

Reportedly, he and the Canes parted amicably. Said he had been doing this for 4 years and wanted to move on to something else.

A lot of us speculate that he came in under Francis and Peters, then those guys moved on, a peer of his (Brindy) gets a promotion and new contract so it's natural that he would want to move on. Who knows for sure.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Have no idea where to put this. Saw this yesterday somewhere on social media. Just amazing. I was more one of those kids that helped keep the ant population down.

Local artist makes McDavid pictures with wood and a magnifying glass

Over on the NHL’s main site, they profiled Norman Shewchuk, a 52-year-old artist that has been burning truly awesome Connor McDavid portraits into wood using nothing more than a piece of wood and a magnifying glass.

Not only does the artwork speak for itself, but I should also mention that Mr. Shewchuk is a quadriplegic with limited use of his hands after suffering a hockey injury when he was only 16 years old, which makes these masterpieces all the more impressive. In total, he put in 70 hours worth of work on the Connor image shown above and that requires the kind of patience and attention to detail that I’m not sure many of us have.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Wow judge says no class action lawsuit against NHL about concussions.

This is why the NHL has refused to acknowledge the game causes concussions and all the issues that go with it.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Wow judge says no class action lawsuit against NHL about concussions.

This is why the NHL has refused to acknowledge the game causes concussions and all the issues that go with it.

I see lots of different problems --the big one being Butch Goring and I see him undoing some the lawsuits key elements

For those who are not old enough--Butch Goring wore the same helmet from the age of 14 and he refused any of the newer ones teams gave him

the second problem--the game has been a physical game and you accept some responsibility for repercussions of it--but this is just me

when a fighter who made a living fighting in the NHL blames the nhl for his problems--the player fought in the JRS and Minors--before he stepped foot in the NHL--how is the NHL to blame for his fighting when not in the NHL?

Also--for those who have been paying attention--as last count there were about 20 minor league and junior players--who never played a game in the NHL suing the NHL

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Whatever happened to Hoffman and Karlsson?

Whatever happened with skinner being the first guy dealt this summer and Faulk probably going not too long after?

Whatever happened to lucic wanting out?

Whatever happened to voynov coming back?

Whatever happened to pk is on the block?

Is the media really that bad in the NHL and they were just grasping at straws?

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
For all the talk about Milan's contract with the Oilers you have to think that the Flames haven't be listening very much.

Mammoth long term deals for both Neal and Lindholm. One guy is already 31 and on the downslope and the other guy has never scored more than 45 points in an NHL season. A combined $60 million for these 2 guys? Say what?

Last edited:

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
For all the talk about Milan's contract with the Oilers you have to think that the Flames haven't be listening very much.

Mammoth long term deals for bot Neal and Lindholm. One guy is already 31 and on the downslope and the other guy has never scored more than 45 points in an NHL season. A combined $60 million for these 2 guys? Say what?
“But Eberle for who?” Flames fans discussing asset management

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Skinner was likely to move but from what I've read it sounds he was asked to waive his NTC and declined to several times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad