2018-19 AHL contracts

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com
Let the signings continue!

Despite the use of Florida Panthers in the tweet, it is indeed an AHL deal per the linked article.

Growler

May 16, 2018
Love these AHL >> ELC signings like True and Currie. By my count that is 25 so far this year and counting (I go by October 1 till September 30). Up from 18 the year before, and 13 the year before. AHL contracts meanwhile are ~ +40 compared to 4 years ago.

Booba doing Yeoman's work.

royals119

Jun 12, 2006
West Lawn, PA
Love these AHL >> ELC signings like True and Currie. By my count that is 25 so far this year and counting (I go by October 1 till September 30). Up from 18 the year before, and 13 the year before. AHL contracts meanwhile are ~ +40 compared to 4 years ago.

Booba doing Yeoman's work.
Appreciate you tracking the progression of the contracts too Growler. It would be interesting too to see how many of those players who sent from AHL to NHL contracts actually played in the NHL, and how many games they played. In other words, are these players actually becoming full time NHLers, or just occasional injury replacements, or are teams using a one year NHL ELC (and the attendant bonus and other perks) as a reward for AHL players who did the grunt work in the minors, but don't really have a chance to advance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad