2018-19 3rd Jerseys

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
It annoys me when I have to really look hard to determine who is playing when I turn a game on. Even more so when it's an original six team.

The Bruins don't look like the Bruins with stupid black socks.

The Leafs look like a generic blue and white team without the socks and dual hemstrips that they had since the 30s.

The Oilers do not look like the Oilers in flipping navy

I could go on. Jersey announcements used to excite me. Now its just meh. Teams have no issue with tossing their identity and the unique elements that defined them to sell a few jerseys. I wish they would just stop.

False, the Leafs had the single waist stripe that we currently sport throughout the 1970's up until 1992. That is a 22 year span so I don't know where you get the idea that Toronto has had dual stripes on the waist and socks since the 1930's. We currently sport the same sock design that we did from 1970 to 1992.

The Maple Leafs were these from 1970 - 1992.

View attachment 126580

IamNotADancer

Feb 16, 2017
So according to sportslogos Flyers confirmed this will be their new 3rd, yet I don't see it on their Insta. Looks like an intern leaked it and then they deleted it? Maybe I'm missing it.

Nevermind, it's right there:

Philadelphia-Flyers-Third-Jersey-Unveiled-2018-2019-590x544.jpg

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
Those are nice and I agree with the guy who said the grey stripe does not work. Just change the grey to the same colour as the main jersey and it would be better. Also get rid of the word mark.

Like this

41254766930_0517d1dd01_o.jpg
I challenge somebody to create a Tampa Bay jersey that isn't exceptionally dull. Dark blue is a horrible colour if there isn't a bright secondary colour included (I think that the Jets get away with it because their blue is "polar blue" instead of navy blue, which "pops" more). It's hard to pull off a decent two-colour jersey. Toronto and Detroit did because they use the wonderful vintage logos and it has massive history. However, the Lightening are just so dull.

Lightening is supposed to be bright, intense, dramatic.

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
I challenge somebody to create a Tampa Bay jersey that isn't exceptionally dull. Dark blue is a horrible colour if there isn't a bright secondary colour included (I think that the Jets get away with it because their blue is "polar blue" instead of navy blue, which "pops" more). It's hard to pull off a decent two-colour jersey. Toronto and Detroit did because they use the wonderful vintage logos and it has massive history. However, the Lightening are just so dull.

How's this?

Lightning-Third-Jersey.jpg

or this

images

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
False, the Leafs had the single waist stripe that we currently sport throughout the 1970's up until 1992. That is a 22 year span so I don't know where you get the idea that Toronto has had dual stripes on the waist and socks since the 1930's. We currently sport the same sock design that we did from 1970 to 1992.

The Maple Leafs were these from 1970 - 1992.

View attachment 126580
Don't leaf fans try to forget those 22 years existed?

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009

Honestly, this is an unpopular opinion but I think adding that highlighter yellow from the all-star jerseys into the mix would go a long way towards livening up our image and giving our team it's own identity. It doesn't have to be prominent. Those all star jerseys have really grown on me.

Reactions: DannyGallivan

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Those are nice and I agree with the guy who said the grey stripe does not work. Just change the grey to the same colour as the main jersey and it would be better. Also get rid of the word mark.

Like this

41254766930_0517d1dd01_o.jpg
I think the grey is meant to be silver. Like the silver part of the original logo.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Read on Twitter that the CBJ alternate is just bringing their 3rd back, but it will be 'Adidas-ized'.

I'm ok with that, I think they had one of the best, clean looking 3rd's out there.

CBJ's 3 jerseys set was my favourite overall jersey set in the entire league. Maybe I liked individual jerseys better, but as far as looking at all 3 of a team's jerseys as a unit, I think CBJs was the best.

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
Don't leaf fans try to forget those 22 years existed?

Lol don't get me started on the Edmonton Oilers, no other team in history has been gift wrapped so many 1st overall picks in such a short window of time, yet still remains firmly planted in the basement of the NHL.

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
Lol don't get me started on the Edmonton Oilers, no other team in history has been gift wrapped so many 1st overall picks in such a short window of time, yet still remains firmly planted in the basement of the NHL.

relax, it was a fun shot at the owner of the time, not at the fans

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad