Prospect Info: Cole Fonstad (June 1st 2020: Rights expired)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Has recovered from his upper body injury. His addition and his importance to this Raiders team are undeniable.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
What's happening with Cole Fonstad? Was great during the season and now he's completely invisible from the scoresheet. I know he's not playing centre anymore and obviously not on the top line, but anybody got some insight?
Post #176

Stive Morgan

Mhm. Mhm. Mhm.
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
Why do the Tips seem to trade for my favourite prospect every year lmao? Scherbak, Minulin, and now Fonstad just off the top of my head. It's nice having my favourite prospects on my favourite Major Junior team though.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
No disrespect or sorry if I didn't catch the sarcasm, but is this a joke? It's Fonstad & not ever close lol

The point is, MB said they'd only sign one of McShane, Fonstad, and Hillis, because of contract space. Yet Pazetta's on the books. Why not get rid of Pazetta and at least dign Fonstad and Hillis. Find another player to release to make room for McShane.

Reactions: abo9 and HabsTown

HabsTown

Jun 5, 2014
Montreal
The point is, MB said they'd only sign one of McShane, Fonstad, and Hillis, because of contract space. Yet Pazetta's on the books. Why not get rid of Pazetta and at least dign Fonstad and Hillis. Find another player to release to make room for McShane.

Got it. I forgot MB said that. I totally agree with you.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Une transaction profitable pour Cole Fonstad
The team's PP was built around him. Played half-wall on his strong side. They had the league's best PP and it was mostly because of him, everything ran through him. 27 of his 65 pts with his new team were on the PP. He was given an A when Fairbrother went down. He's a super quiet kid, apparently didn't say a word the first two weeks he got there.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Cole Fonstad

“An offensive dynamo, a great playmaker that sees the ice at an elite level. Fonstad’s skating is average at best he doesn’t move that well and his acceleration is not great either. He has the skill to make high-end passes that many opposing defenders have trouble picking up. His vision is well advanced, he can pick out players and read their next move and saucer a pass on a platter. He can be quite deceptive with his next move when handling the puck at a standstill or cutting through the neutral zone entering the offensive zone. His puck skills are special, he’s showed on numerous occasions that he can make great stickhandling plays and maneuvers. Fonstad’s release developed over the course of the season displaying good accuracy and decision making while utilizing it more often. Fonstad has a good understanding of the two-way game, he’s a smart player that puts his stick in good positions to break up plays either 5-on-5 or on the penalty kill.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad