Prospect Info: 2018 #114 - G Ivan Prosvetov

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Bernhardt's drafting doesn't look that bad after some time. That Westerlund pick though...

brakeyawself

Oct 5, 2006
KIDS crushing it in the AHL, probably the best rookie keeper, maybe best rookie player? Even thought he’d get a game hen they called him up, but just for injury insurance.
Anyway, doesn’t look like it will be too long until he’s challenging Kuemper, and Raanta moves elsewhere. At least I’d assume it would be Kuemper sticking around but who knows. Raanta should attract interest at least.

He’s huge too but quick. Think he really stand a chance of being Yotes long term goalie.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
If Raanta does a cartwheel he'll snap an ankle. No thanks.

9cb11f91cfda4d161c44e5b2c18c242c60411ac42dc8debc58b2e6a4c17efb0c.jpg

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Attending game vs Condors tomorrow, hoping they start Prosvetov. Very interested to se him play, if not, I'll see him sitting on the stool outside the player entrance again (second RR game, this season), somehow that doesn't do much for me though.

brakeyawself

Oct 5, 2006
Let's not forget that Raanta is a very good goalie. He's coming off of an injury (of which there are too many), but he doesn't lay many stinkers like he did in Edmonton.

He’d probably be the Yotes undisputed #1 today if it weren’t for injuries. Injuries that made Kuemper necessary. Injuries that waste his talents and it’s a shame. But it does give the club more reason to try and develop Prosvetov sooner rather than later. Poor Adin Hill just stuck in the middle, but he doesn’t have the look of a future starting NHL goalie. At least not IMO. Just a stopgap and depth.

But I’ve been wrong before.

Sometimes it feels like everyone is Anti Raanta, while I’ve always been Pro Raanta. Could be a case of mistaken identity though. Made the same error before as I was always Pro Niemi and look how that turned out. Well I’m definitely ProSvetov for better or worse.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad