Blue Jays GDT: (2017 v2.0) vs CLE |Mon, May 8 | 7pm ET/4pm PT | Bauer vs Stroman

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I don't know if this isn't factually correct....

In doing the research, it appears the real greatest two-way threat in Jays' history is Steve Tolleson. His Blue Jays career puts him in a low .300s wOBA and wRC+ around 100 (much better than Goins' career marks) and he too had a 0.00 ERA career. But his came with a 1.13 FIP to Goins' 6.15, along with a 9.00 k/9, 0.00 bb/9 and 1.00 WHIP.

Steve Tolleson is the hero we deserve.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
In doing the research, it appears the real greatest two-way threat in Jays' history is Steve Tolleson. His Blue Jays career puts him in a low .300s wOBA and wRC+ around 100 (much better than Goins' career marks) and he too had a 0.00 ERA career. But his came with a 1.13 FIP to Goins' 6.15, along with a 9.00 k/9, 0.00 bb/9 and 1.00 WHIP.

Steve Tolleson is the hero we deserve.

#TollesonForLegendsRow

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
good job Travis

probably the first time anyone has ever let Goins swing 3-0, slugger

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
I haven't been watching the Jays at all this year. Do they have any chance at playoffs this year? Seems like they're playing a bit better recently.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
I haven't been watching the Jays at all this year. Do they have any chance at playoffs this year? Seems like they're playing a bit better recently.

They have a chance, but it involves luck. For whatever reason the Blue Jays don't like to have luck, so for that reason I say no.

A game like this is encouraging though. Would be nice if the division can be our slump buster and catalyze this team.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Buck: "I used to be a fan of wins and losses as the measure of a starting pitcher..."

Me: "Yes. Good. That's very good, Buck. Progress!"

Buck: "....but I think now you have to look at other things..."

Me: "Oh my god, that's excellent! Way to go, Buck!"

Buck: "...becuase starters come out of the games much earlier and more often."

Me: "No! No no no no no no no! NOOOOO!!! Aww Buck, you were doing so well there for a minute..."

Bad News Benning

Fallin for Dahlin?
Jan 11, 2003
Victoria
Visit site

Get back to .500 by mid August and anything is possible. Likely need a few decent winning streaks to get back in the race. Margin for error is very small so any losing streak would be killer. They basically have to worry about winning as many series as possible between now and the trade deadline and hope for a few sweeps along the way (need to make serious hay against al central teams).

Bad News Benning

Fallin for Dahlin?
Jan 11, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
Can we please not send Barnes to buffalo again? He belongs in the bigs. He can get lefties out which is huge late in games since Grilli and a few other struggle in this department . Teams are going to load up the lineup with lefties late in games and it's good to have Barnes to negate some of those bats.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Can we please not send Barnes to buffalo again? He belongs in the bigs. He can get lefties out which is huge late in games since Grilli and a few other struggle in this department . Teams are going to load up the lineup with lefties late in games and it's good to have Barnes to negate some of those bats.

But he doesn't provide gritty veteran-ness like Loup does. When Barnes has 5 or 6 years of MLB experience, then he can come back up from the minors. :sarcasm:

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Pillar u dumn, you never make the 3rd out of an inning at 3rd. Especially a risk like that. I don't care if you think you can make it safe running backwards there. Morales is hitting, any hit that gets him to 1st gets you to home.

LeeIs

....--....
Mar 17, 2004
T.O.
Trying to steal third with 2 out with morales at the plate. not the smartest thing pillar has done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->