News Article: 2017 Training Camp & Pre-Season Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Why are the goalposts beng moved with regard to Bereglazov? All summer long, there were posters insisting that 1) he was the most-polished of the young Dmen vying for a spot and likely most ready, and 2), due to the KHL out-clause he was all but guaranteed a spot on the roster. He didn't have a good TCT, didn't play well enough in camp to merit more than a one game look, and then did little to impress. When one poster pointed out that the alarm bells should should be going off, a bunch of posters shouted him down claiming 'the TCT doesn't mean anything'. Well, here we are. Of the four young Dmen that looked like viable candidates, he was the least impressive.

Who said he was almost guaranteed a spot?? Lol after we got Shatty and Smith there were literary zero spot for him, and even without them we had a LD of McD/Skjei/Staal and he is a LD.

I can't say I've read everything that has been said, but I know I said that there was zero room for him and I have a very hard time understanding how anyone could guarantee that he would beat out Staal out of camp lol.

I know that there was a silly notion that he could play RD, like 2-3 guys in the entire NHL can play well on the off side but that don't stop some wishful thinkers dreaming that a kid can come in and do it (McD was supposed to be a RD, failed, Skjei was supposed to be a RD, failed, Graves like night and day but whatever). BUT even if BG could play RD -- he would have to beat our prime target when trading our No 1 center for the spot. How could anyone guarantee that?? I recon you can find people claiming anything at this place, but come on.

Nobody said the alarm bells should ring re Bereglazov, he was described as quote "disgusting", "horrible" and what not. That is what people where responding too. You can't justify that by making up crap that BG was guaranteed to win a spot when there literary where zero room for him.

Last edited:

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
One thing that is getting missed here is that the rangers have 10 or 11 Dmen that are capable of playing in the NHL if no one gets moved. That is great if injuries happen. Depth chart is probably.

McD
Shattenkirk
Skjei
Smith
ADA
Staal
Holden
Kampfer
Graves
Pionk
Bear Gloves

Also, I guess with this new forum the 1000 post max per thread is gone?

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
He'll deny it, but PB has a blatant bias towards Russians. There's nothing wrong with that. He likes to root for Russian players. Own it.

I think I'm going to go around and say Synergy has a bias against Czech players for no reason other than I want to make some incorrect shit up about someone, see how you like it.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I think I'm going to go around and say Synergy has a bias against Czech players for no reason other than I want to make some incorrect **** up about someone, see how you like it.
You've done something to create a perception among a whole lot of people here that you have some pretty strong biases, particularly in favor of Russian players. Maybe you ought to do some self-reflection and figure out why everyone thinks that about you instead of just saying over that it's not true.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Who said he was almost guaranteed a spot?? Lol after we got Shatty and Smith there were literary zero spot for him, and even without them we had a LD of McD/Skjei/Staal and he is a LD.

I can't say I've read everything that has been said, but I know I said that there was zero room for him and I have a very hard time understanding how anyone could guarantee that he would beat out Staal out of camp lol.

I know that there was a silly notion that he could play RD, like 2-3 guys in the entire NHL can play well on the off side but that don't stop some wishful thinkers dreaming that a kid can come in and do it (McD was supposed to be a RD, failed, Skjei was supposed to be a RD, failed, Graves like night and day but whatever). BUT even if BG could play RD -- he would have to beat our prime target when trading our No 1 center for the spot. How could anyone guarantee that?? I recon you can find people claiming anything at this place, but come on.

Nobody said the alarm bells should ring re Bereglazov, he was described as quote "disgusting", "horrible" and what not. That is what people where responding too. You can't justify that by making up crap that BG was guaranteed to win a spot when there literary where zero room for him.

Go review prior roster building threads. Bereglazov was given a leg up because of the factors Ai cited by a few posters. And Kovy27 is the poster who was dumped on by other poster for citing Brreglazov's poor performance in TCT as a reason that he was not guaranteed a spot. There's no 'making stuff up'. Great , you said he needed time. There were others who predicted he'd certainly get a spot because he would bolt back to Russia instead of going to the AHL. So, yes the goalposts are being moved.

And, if you are going to accuse me of 'making stuff up', I really have no use for any further discussions.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
You've done something to create a perception among a whole lot of people here that you have some pretty strong biases, particularly in favor of Russian players. Maybe you ought to do some self-reflection and figure out why everyone thinks that about you instead of just saying over that it's not true.

It's not a big deal. Just own it.

I'll admit to my Norwegian bias. Zucc can do no wrong in my eyes.

Reactions: NickyFotiu

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
It's not a big deal. Just own it.
I have a bias towards little guys (by professional standards) that play with an edge. I also have a strange fascination with fourth line center-types who don't do anything well but play defense. We all have our things. I still have a soft spot for big, plodding defensemen like McIlrath who will beat the shit out of you, even though they've become basically obsolete.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
I don't need to do anything. I have no part in that. Thats on all of you who talk about that. It has zero basis in reality. Stop making stuff up about strangers you don't know. Talk about the team.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I don't need to do anything. I have no part in that. Thats on all of you who talk about that. It has zero basis in reality. Stop making stuff up about strangers you don't know. Talk about the team.
Ok, well, if you do nothing about it then it's not going to go away. If you're okay with that then I guess it's fine.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.

These aren't attacks on you man. And I agree, you don't need to do anything.

But perception is reality, and you've created a strong perception that you have a bias towards Russians players. It impacts how people react to your opinions whether you like it or not.

Reactions: Krams

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Ok, well, if you do nothing about it then it's not going to go away. If you're okay with that then I guess it's fine.

Not going to go away? So you admit to trying to bully strangers you don't know with flat out lies? I don't have anything to own up to, I did nothing wrong here, its a crazy notion. How about we stop talking about each other and talk about the team?

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
These aren't attacks on you man. And I agree, you don't need to do anything.

But perception is reality, and you've created a strong perception that you have a bias towards Russians players. It impacts how people react to your opinions whether you like it or not.

Nope, thats ridiculous. You just want to appear tough on an internet message board. You attempt to bully strangers with ridiculous notions that have zero basis in reality, even when you are told you are wrong. If you continue it, you are admitting to not caring about the truth and just caring about being a tough guy on the internet who wants to make up things about strangers you don't know and going after them because of it. Most people here could not care less about that kind of stuff, most people here want to talk about the team.

Fugazy

Brick by Brick
Jun 1, 2014
New York
One thing that is getting missed here is that the rangers have 10 or 11 Dmen that are capable of playing in the NHL if no one gets moved. That is great if injuries happen. Depth chart is probably.

McD
Shattenkirk
Skjei
Smith
ADA
Staal
Holden
Kampfer
Graves
Pionk
Bear Gloves

Also, I guess with this new forum the 1000 post max per thread is gone?

Since this is a preseason thread and will be closed once the regular season starts, we'll let this one keep going.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Not going to go away? So you admit to trying to bully strangers you don't know with flat out lies? I don't have anything to own up to, I did nothing wrong here, its a crazy notion. How about we stop talking about each other and talk about the team?
I'm not bullying you. If you think being accused of bias towards certain players on a message board is tantamount to bullying then I really don't know what to tell you.

We're not really strangers at this point. We may not know each other in real life (I know some here IRL), but when you commit this much time to posting on a message board you get to know other posters and their tendencies.

Again, if you just want to take the attitude that you have no biases, it's a myth created by other posters, etc., that's fine, but people are going to keep calling you out on it. So, good luck to you. I'll leave it at that.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
It seems as though the definitions of "tough" and "bullying" have continued to evolve. I'll leave it at that.

In an effort to get back to talking about the team, I'll say that I support pretty much all of the preseason personnel decisions. This assumes that ADA has a nightly spot, Pionk is the first call up, and Chytil will be given the opportunity to play with offensive players in a scoring role.

I am very happy with this off-season overall.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
I'm not bullying you. If you think being accused of bias towards certain players on a message board is tantamount to bullying then I really don't know what to tell you.

We're not really strangers at this point. We may not know each other in real life (I know some here IRL), but when you commit this much time to posting on a message board you get to know other posters and their tendencies.

Again, if you just want to take the attitude that you have no biases, it's a myth created by other posters, etc., that's fine, but people are going to keep calling you out on it. So, good luck to you. I'll leave it at that.

The only person would know has told you its not true. Why would you call me out on something you know isn't true? So you only care about bullying (yes, you are attempting to bully me. Bully's often don't admit to their behavior). Please, worry about yourself, and not me.

Killem Dafoe

Hold my baby, man.
Jun 19, 2010
Land of Corn
PB - It's an observation that they're making. No one is bullying you man. I may not know these guys IRL, but I'm pretty sure neither one of them are the types of people who bully others.

And for what it's worth, I have a strong bias towards European players.

Reactions: EpicDing and Revel

darko

Feb 16, 2009

We got Smith before signing Berez so those claims (not saying you) were done with Smith already on the roster.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Jas- Sorry I don't believe that, firstly, who would claim that it was -- guaranteed -- that he would make the team when there was zero openings for him? Who seriously thought AV would bench Staal? Secondly why on earth would anyone believe such a claim?

If it was that common, why don't you link to one post?

Sorry, but I just think the line of argumentation that is based on how extremely disappointed someone is because he was "led to believe" something by reading some comment seen (or imagined) at this place is so childish.

Apply the same logic on the trade rumor section, I am extremely disappointed with Gorton because I was led to believe that he could get Mackinnon for nothing based on a proposal I saw...

darko

Feb 16, 2009
PB - It's an observation that they're making. No one is bullying you man. I may not know these guys IRL, but I'm pretty sure neither one of them are the types of people who bully others.

And for what it's worth, I have a strong bias towards European players.

I have a strong bias towards Australian players. ... unfortunately they all suck.

Reactions: Ail

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
I really honestly thought that Bear Gloves was going to stay on the roster, but I didn't think he was going to make the opening night lineup. Roughly, this was for the same reason he's in Hartford. I didn't think he was ready for the smaller rink. I just thought they'd let him work it out in practice, but it makes sense to do it in Hartford too. Also, that was on the assumption that the Rangers were going to carry 8 D and figuring that one of them would not be Kampfer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->