OT: 2017 Toronto Blue Jays & General MLB Discussion

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I'm really not sure why they never seem to have confidence with Zeke. All he does is get clutch hits and make good plays (that debacle in the second inning aside).
I don't really have confidence in Zeke either, more than Smoak but that's not saying much. I'd rather bring in someone like Pagan and keep both on the bench and Goins in Buffalo

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Bautista threw out Davis at second earlier, and makes a double play to end the 9th. Now if only he could mash some balls into the seats.

I have a feeling this game is decided with a home run. Would be anticlimactic to have the first bird battle of the year have no home runs.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Bautista threw out Davis at second earlier, and makes a double play to end the 9th. Now if only he could mash some balls into the seats.

I have a feeling this game is decided with a home run. Would be anticlimactic to have the first bird battle of the year have no home runs.

I just tuned in at the top of the 9th, didn't realize it was an afternoon game. Plus I didn't go to bed until 8am.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
A lot of Jays players seem to be wearing this weird head band thing. I wonder if it's the latest pseudo-scientific wellness and performance product like those stupid necklaces.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
A lot of Jays players seem to be wearing this weird head band thing. I wonder if it's the latest pseudo-scientific wellness and performance product like those stupid necklaces.
I haven't been paying attention so I have no idea what you are talking about haha

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
12 runs stranded, only 2 runs scored. It's not just against Britton.

True, but at least we haven't messed up any of those gimme RBI situations. We've had a runner on second with none out once, and he scored. Bautista failed in his at-bat, but Kendrys picked him up.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Yeah, tough way to lose.

I really wanted Martin, Tulowitzki and Bautista to start the year off strong offensively, but they did nothing this game. Jays did a good job getting on base, which is a good start. Now they need to get more clutch hits like Carrera off Givens. Baltimore has arguably the best bullpen in the AL, so we need to get to their starters in the rest of this series. So weird how they have an off-day tomorrow.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Yeah, tough way to lose.

I really wanted Martin, Tulowitzki and Bautista to start the year off strong offensively, but they did nothing this game. Jays did a good job getting on base, which is a good start. Now they need to get more clutch hits like Carrera off Givens. Baltimore has arguably the best bullpen in the AL, so we need to get to their starters in the rest of this series. So weird how they have an off-day tomorrow.
Seems to happen like this for teams every year. The first few days you see alot of strange off days.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Yeah, he wasn't interested in giving a fan a souvenir.

Still a lot of concern for me with how the season is going. Pretty sure Russell and Tulo have combined for 0 hits.
I was just happy to see Russ playing after taking that foul off his bare hand last game

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I was just happy to see Russ playing after taking that foul off his bare hand last game

Yeah. He's really lucky it missed the hand/fingers and hit the wrist. I imagine a ball going that fast would make shorter work of a finger than Crosby.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Man, these Jays just suck so much. When they hit, they can't pitch. When they pitch, they can't hit. When they get a lead, they can never add to it, and then they can never hold it.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Donaldson has hurt his calf. The hits keep coming. Jays will go home 1-5, possibly without their best hitter. :help:

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Man, these Jays just suck so much. When they hit, they can't pitch. When they pitch, they can't hit. When they get a lead, they can never add to it, and then they can never hold it.

Sounds like the classic Jays to me :laugh:

Im actually really optimistic about this season. I think they'll need about a month to put it together and play as a team.

I heard a baseball analyst say he thinks Liriano has the stuff to win a Cy Young. He'll need to get his ERA under 100 :sarcasm:, but he could be a key component this season if he can play consistently.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad