Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
What could the roster look like?

Just my very uneducated guess:

Carl Grundström - Joel Eriksson Ek - Alex Nylander
Jonathan Dahlén - Rasmus Asplund - Jens Lööke
Jesper Bratt - Linus Lindström - Oskar Steen
Filip Ahl - Elias Pettersson - John Dahlström

I have absolutely no idea about the forwards, please help out.

Jacob Larsson - Gabriel Carlsson
Lucas Carlsson - Timothy Liljegren
Oliver Kylington - Gustav Bouramman

Does Lindgren, Moverare, Cederholm or Berglund make it?

Felix Sandström
Filip Gustavsson

Who'll be the 3rd goalie? Do they take one?

Last edited:

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Liljegren is the only non 97' born D I would like to see on this roster. Gonna be tons of competition for those spots, Bouramman is one of my frontrunners. Asplund obviously makes the team on forward, not sure if Pettersson is physically ready but I'm expecting good things from him next season.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
There'll be a lot of competition. I personally don't think Cederholm has much of a shot unless he improves in several categories considerably.

Asplund is a shoe-in.

I'm sure a couple of guys will surprise their way onto the team. Let's see for example who excels at the Ivan Hlinka tourney.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Ah, knew I forgot someone. Added Asplund and Bouramman to the roster above. Feels like a pretty strong team on paper with a lot of competition. Not sure about the bottom-six among the forwards at all though.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Kylington wasn't invited to WJC summer camp. Shame, he's got star talent. He must have really burned that bridge.

ulvvf

May 9, 2014
Kylington wasn't invited to WJC summer camp. Shame, he's got star talent. He must have really burned that bridge.

Link? maybe they where focus on only european players? New coach so what happen between Grönborg and him should not matters.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Anyone watching the NJEC? Really liking Bouramman. His d-partner G. Carlsson has been good too. In net Sandström and Werner have been very solid and up front I like Lias Andersson. Lucas Carlsson, Jesper Lindgren, Rasmus Asplund and Jens Lööke have felt underwhelming.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Anyone watching the NJEC? Really liking Bouramman. His d-partner G. Carlsson has been good too. In net Sandström and Werner have been very solid and up front I like Lias Andersson. Lucas Carlsson, Jesper Lindgren, Rasmus Asplund and Jens Lööke have felt underwhelming.

What with Lias is it that you like?

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
I don't think any forward has stood out really. I think Bouramman has been our best skater by far, always liked him. Sandström looked great in net as well.

Team lacks elite players, especially on the forward side. And size. The 97- and 98-group have still kept games close against other top teams in the past, and also won a couple of big ones, but we probably shouldn't have too high expectations on them this year.

With the players we have available I'd much rather ice a fast and competitive team, perhaps at the expense of a slightly more talented one. Not sure why Johnsson Fjällby wasn't invited.

Defense will be pretty good once again.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
What with Lias is it that you like?

He's been very involved in the play, always skating and looking to make things happen offensively. Creative player.

I don't think any forward has stood out really. I think Bouramman has been our best skater by far, always liked him. Sandström looked great in net as well.

Team lacks elite players, especially on the forward side. And size. The 97- and 98-group have still kept games close against other top teams in the past, and also won a couple of big ones, but we probably shouldn't have too high expectations on them this year.

With the players we have available I'd much rather ice a fast and competitive team, perhaps at the expense of a slightly more talented one. Not sure why Johnsson Fjällby wasn't invited.

Defense will be pretty good once again.

Agreed. Bouramman was a positive surprise for me. Grundström and Eriksson Ek felt missed this game. Asplund hasn't done much but at least seemed to get going a little bit as the game went on. I think the forward group can still be decent but Nylander will have to play a big role but I think he can do that, and he's so good at making the players around him better. Dahlén and Lööke have looked very bleak though and those are two guys I thought would play in the top6 in the WJC so that's not too encouraging. It's only the beginning of august though and things can change.

I'm pretty curious to see what Liljegren could bring to this team, maybe he can add another dimension offensively. A lot to ask from a draft-eligible player but Finland won last year on the back of a spectacular performance from Olli Juolevi so you never know. Defense and goaltending should be strengths anyway.

ulvvf

May 9, 2014
He's been very involved in the play, always skating and looking to make things happen offensively. Creative player.

Agreed. Bouramman was a positive surprise for me. Grundström and Eriksson Ek felt missed this game. Asplund hasn't done much but at least seemed to get going a little bit as the game went on. I think the forward group can still be decent but Nylander will have to play a big role but I think he can do that, and he's so good at making the players around him better. Dahlén and Lööke have looked very bleak though and those are two guys I thought would play in the top6 in the WJC so that's not too encouraging. It's only the beginning of august though and things can change.

I'm pretty curious to see what Liljegren could bring to this team, maybe he can add another dimension offensively. A lot to ask from a draft-eligible player but Finland won last year on the back of a spectacular performance from Olli Juolevi so you never know. Defense and goaltending should be strengths anyway.

Lööke in top 6? Do not know why you have so high hopes on Lööke, he had a pretty bad year.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Lööke in top 6? Do not know why you have so high hopes on Lööke, he had a pretty bad year.

Yeah he had a pretty rough year but he's one of the most experienced forwards on the roster so naturally I'd hope that he'd be able to produce, but it's not really looking that way right now. Seems to me there'll only be 4 legit top6 guys in the forward group. That's too bad. Hopefully guys like Elias Pettersson and Lias Andersson can step up and fill the void. That would be pretty big.

ulvvf

May 9, 2014
Yeah he had a pretty rough year but he's one of the most experienced forwards on the roster so naturally I'd hope that he'd be able to produce, but it's not really looking that way right now. Seems to me there'll only be 4 legit top6 guys in the forward group. That's too bad. Hopefully guys like Elias Pettersson and Lias Andersson can step up and fill the void. That would be pretty big.

The problem may be that early 97 and early 98 is pretty weak, but late 97 and late 98 is pretty strong. Execpt for Eriksson Ek there isnt much among early 97.

I have high hopes for undrafted players like Andersson, Pettersson and Boqvist this year. They all had a outstanding season so hopefully they can continue that road.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
So what do you guys think of David Bernhardt? I've liked him in this camp for the most part. He should be in the conversation for that 3rd LD spot, fighting against Kylington and Lucas Carlsson IMO. Maybe take him as 7th D? I'd assume the top4 would be G.Carlsson-Bouramman and Larsson-Liljegren. What do you guys think the defense will look like?

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
So what do you guys think of David Bernhardt? I've liked him in this camp for the most part. He should be in the conversation for that 3rd LD spot, fighting against Kylington and Lucas Carlsson IMO. Maybe take him as 7th D? I'd assume the top4 would be G.Carlsson-Bouramman and Larsson-Liljegren. What do you guys think the defense will look like?

G. Carlsson - Kylington
L. Carlsson - Larsson
? - Liljegren
?

Question marks could be Bouramman, Bernhardt, Anderberg, Cederholm, Nässén, Högberg, Sellgren, Younan, Ersson, Gunnarsson, Brännström, Berglund, Malmström, Moverare, Nyberg, Lindgren, Hedberg Brothers, Sjölund, Léman, Pethrus.

Lots of depth-d mans we have.

Last edited:

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
G. Carlsson - Kylington
L. Carlsson - Larsson
? - Liljegren
?

Question marks could be Bouramman, Bernhardt, Anderberg, Cederholm, Nässén, Högberg, Sellgren, Younan, Ersson, Gunnarsson, Brännström, Berglund, Malmström, Moverare, Nyberg, Lindgren, Hedberg Brothers, Sjölund, Léman, Pethrus.

Lots of depth-d mans we have.

I have a strong feeling the team management and Kylington don't like eachother, if that's the case then he will probably need to play lights out to make this team. I think Bouramman is close to a lock after this summer tournament, he's been very solid.

ulvvf

May 9, 2014

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Is Kylington still viewed as having arrogant tendencies, or will he be invited this time around?

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012

ulvvf

May 9, 2014
If Kylington actually wanted to play at the WJC this was his only chance to showcase himself. Declining an invite because of some extra summer training would be downright stupid. I think it's more to it. Kylington isn't a lock for the team like Alex Nylander is.

Why should a summer camp before the season matters very much for a tournament that plays in dec/jan and we talk about young players where a lot can happen during a short time.

It is off course a small plus if he would have played and play good, but it is even a bigger plus if his extra training leads to him to become a better player.

Hockeyfrilla

Swe prospect fanatic
May 25, 2008
Sweden
I think a guy like David Bernhardt improved his stock big time. Looks pretty good and he's a 7th round pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->