Transfer: 2017 Summer Transfers and Rumors Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Except if he's in the CL

You could say that... if you ignore his trophy case. I think Zlatan puts too much pressure on himself in the CL because that's the only trophy missing.
The fact is the guy is a winning machine and he's been a key to those trophies in every club he's been.
Even last year, United doesn't win a trophy without him (see final).

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Brighton close to signing LW Jose Izquierdo from Club Brugge for about €18m. He's the reigning MVP of the Belgian League.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
You could say that... if you ignore his trophy case. I think Zlatan puts too much pressure on himself in the CL because that's the only trophy missing.
The fact is the guy is a winning machine and he's been a key to those trophies in every club he's been.
Even last year, United doesn't win a trophy without him (see final).

This is Zlatan he doesn't feel pressure, pressure feels Zlatan.

jniklast

Sep 28, 2007
Kicker is naming Maxwel Cornet as a possible replacement for Dembele, what's your opinion on him Evilo?

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
So LFC rejected barcas 2nd(or 20th bid) for coutinho just 35 minutes after receiving it. They'll also reject the next bid. Barca admit they might have to look at other options. The incompetency of this board worked in their favour this time.

I'm thinking more and more Barca get nothing and I'm ok with that. Bart and his clowns will be gone regardless of what will happen in the next 3 weeks. This limits the damage and makes Laporta's job easier.

Side note, Rumours of Isco finally renewing that pipe dream was nice while it lasted. If he was only as smart as he was a good footballer.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Kicker is naming Maxwel Cornet as a possible replacement for Dembele, what's your opinion on him Evilo?

Extremely quick and explosive, but not the brightest IQ and not the best finisher (be it scoring or last passing).
Far from Dembele's talents really.

jniklast

Sep 28, 2007
Extremely quick and explosive, but not the brightest IQ and not the best finisher (be it scoring or last passing).
Far from Dembele's talents really.

Thank you! Well, it's quite obvious they won't get a talent like Dembele. Sounds a bit like Douglas Costa

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Doubt he'd even play. Don't need another Schurrle who can't contribute any offense.

I think Sancho would play, if he joins us. It seems like he might join, if Dembele leaves. Obviously would prefer Dembele to stay, but that would be a consolation prize.

jniklast

Sep 28, 2007
Are the Sancho to BVB rumors serious? All I've been seeing thus far is him wanting to move to London and join Arsenal.

He visited BVB some time in June I think, so there is some basis, but I don't know how likely it is to happen. Kicker says he would be the replacement for Mor and not Dembele.

jniklast

Sep 28, 2007
Dembele missed training today without leave and Dortmund couldn't reach him. This will be fun...

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Doubt he'd even play. Don't need another Schurrle who can't contribute any offense.

I think Sancho would play, if he joins us. It seems like he might join, if Dembele leaves. Obviously would prefer Dembele to stay, but that would be a consolation prize.

Sancho is a pretty nice consolation prize to losing Dembele. Obviously he's still got a few years before he'll be at that level but I could see him becoming as good or better than Dembele.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I think he's just a little below Dembele potential wise. Not the worst thing in the world because that also means he won't leave as easily. But I can't believe they would replace Dembele with him.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Does this say he's soon a barca player? Translate say "Absent to the training of the Borussia this Thursday, Ousmane Dembélé must engage with Barça these next hours"

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
Sancho is a pretty nice consolation prize to losing Dembele. Obviously he's still got a few years before he'll be at that level but I could see him becoming as good or better than Dembele.

You believe that because you picked him in your fantasy league :P

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think he's just a little below Dembele potential wise. Not the worst thing in the world because that also means he won't leave as easily. But I can't believe they would replace Dembele with him.

Not a direct replacement, but likely Sancho and another young winger, someone who'll cost some money.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Does this say he's soon a barca player? Translate say "Absent to the training of the Borussia this Thursday, Ousmane Dembélé must engage with Barça these next hours"

That's a bit of a pointless take, in that case. Engaging Dembele was never going to be the problem. Barca needs to engage Dortmund.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
This puts Barcelona in a bad situation.

They now have to operate under the assumption that Dembele will play for them next season. They could previously maybe pit Dortmund and Liverpool against each other with prices. Dembele not showing up for training now makes it a situation where we can name our price. Dembele is going to try and force a transfer, Barcelona is likely going to come and get him, and we'll get the price we want.

If not, we say no. Dembele can pout for a month, and then he'll apologize, and play out the season with Dortmund. No footballer's gonna sit out a full season of their career. Previously we might've had to make a choice on taking a questionable price for Dembele, now we have all the leverage. We either get to keep the player another year or they meet an overpayment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->