Transfer: 2017 Summer Transfers and Rumors Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Neither situation is unethical. The most unethical situation discussed thus far is suarez simply because Liverpool violated the terms of the contract even if there was tampering involved. That said, it still wasn't really unethical.

Also, unless there is an NDA in your contract, it is perfectly acceptable to discuss the terms of your contract to whomever you want.

Last edited:

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
If anything I wish more teams take a firm stand like Southampton. I wish Juve told Vidal to suck it up when he wanted to leave.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Italian media now allegedly reporting that Schick is going to Inter instead of Juventus, price 30m EUR

chasespace

Jul 19, 2010
Gator Nation
Independent reporting that PSG will offer Arsenal £80 million to sign Sanchez this summer. Grain of salt but I'd let him go for that. Get a big payday to bring in more talent and he's out of the Premier League.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
No, folks offer dmen playing in the AHL for him even though he's a top line player.

Ha, the other way around. That works too.

How are their ethics laughable? They don't want to keep him, he knows this, he refused to be sold to another team, and now other teams won't meet Liverpool's valuation knowing that they won't play him. He made his bed there's not really anything unethical about it (and there's nothing unethical about Southampton keeping vvD either).

Banning someone from the team for 6 months even though he's clearly good enough for some really minor problems is not unethical?
Well, it does seem pretty thin to me.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Italian media now allegedly reporting that Schick is going to Inter instead of Juventus, price 30m EUR

Neither is a great move for him. Schick is awesome and will be good enough to start over Higuain or Icardi in a few years; but he needs another couple more seasons of major PT to get there.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Banning someone from the team for 6 months even though he's clearly good enough for some really minor problems is not unethical?
Well, it does seem pretty thin to me.

I don't think the coaching staff view the problems as minor, and it's not the first coach he's had issues with. There's a pattern of behaviour and obviously this group of management is not going to put up with it. Again, he caused the issues and he chose not to leave when he had a chance to despite knowing they weren't going to play him again. How is that unethical or 'thin'?

MJG

Sep 18, 2007
Somewhere
Watford sign Andre Gray. Incredibly stupid from Burnley if they want to stay up.

Extremely puzzling move. I can understand selling Keane to Everton as it's a step up for the player. But Watford should be their rivals in the relegation battle. I know he's had some character issues. Perhaps they grew tired of his attitude? Or just desperate for some money and think they can manage. Bizarre one though.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Neither is a great move for him. Schick is awesome and will be good enough to start over Higuain or Icardi in a few years; but he needs another couple more seasons of major PT to get there.

I agree, even at Sampdoria he was only coming on as a sub a lot of the time. I'd hate to see another Czech player go somewhere good only to stagnate on the bench. How many rising Czech stars have suddenly fallen off the face of the earth in the last few years...The answer is all of them, with the possible exception of Darida, though it took him a while. With Juve there was at least talk that he would be loaned back for a season, but I haven't heard that in this case.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I don't think the coaching staff view the problems as minor, and it's not the first coach he's had issues with. There's a pattern of behaviour and obviously this group of management is not going to put up with it. Again, he caused the issues and he chose not to leave when he had a chance to despite knowing they weren't going to play him again. How is that unethical or 'thin'?

Sending one of your best defenseman for 6 months in the minors isn't "thin" to you?

BritSabre

Feb 10, 2006
Reading, UK
Extremely puzzling move. I can understand selling Keane to Everton as it's a step up for the player. But Watford should be their rivals in the relegation battle. I know he's had some character issues. Perhaps they grew tired of his attitude? Or just desperate for some money and think they can manage. Bizarre one though.

12 months left on contract and was not going to renew per Burnleys statement. Actually refer to him as a former England C international which is pretty disparaging.

https://www.burnleyfootballclub.com/news/2017/august/clarets-sanction-gray-sale/

Last edited:

Epictetus

YNWA
Jan 2, 2010
Ontario
Melissa Reddy said he agreed to personal terms with Crystal Palace, but Palace are not gonna meet Liverpool's valuation. I wouldn't say that is him 'refusing to be sold to another team'.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Melissa Reddy said he agreed to personal terms with Crystal Palace, but Palace are not gonna meet Liverpool's valuation. I wouldn't say that is him 'refusing to be sold to another team'.

That is now. Last season there were multiple teams that were willing to pay for him and he refused to go IIRC.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
In the supposedly already done Coutinho saga, Paul Joyce wrote an article saying that Liverpool found the reports about bids amusing given that there hadn't been another one yet.

Then according to him, Barcelona bid €100m just now. It was rejected and Barcelona have been told the player is not for sale.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Not surprising given the transfer landscape. For the best most likely since I'm not overly confident the board would replace him properly anyway. Hopefully he can be a little healthier this season.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
In the supposedly already done Coutinho saga, Paul Joyce wrote an article saying that Liverpool found the reports about bids amusing given that there hadn't been another one yet.

Then according to him, Barcelona bid €100m just now. It was rejected and Barcelona have been told the player is not for sale.

Barca chasing their own tail. What comes first Duchene gets traded, barca get a quality player or Laporta comes back?

hersky77

Oct 29, 2007

Good on Henry for not folding like a cheap tent. Was so sure he was going to.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
12 months left on contract and was not going to renew per Burnleys statement. Actually refer to him as a former England C international which is pretty disparaging.

https://www.burnleyfootballclub.com/news/2017/august/clarets-sanction-gray-sale/

Burnley Football Club can confirm the sale of striker Andre Gray to Watford for an undisclosed fee that ranks as one of the biggest in the club’s history.

The Clarets gave Gray the chance to extend his stay at Turf Moor with the offer of a substantially improved new contract earlier this summer.

However, the former England C international made it clear he would not be looking to renew a deal which had just 12 months still to run.

Burnley therefore took the decision to accept an offer from Watford and move forward with their own plans going into the new Premier League season.

Sean Dyche's penchant for talking like David Brent is spreading, apparently.

Milos Krasic

Best Serbian Footballer (2009) / Serie A Winner
Jul 1, 2008
Marten de Roon is going back to Atalanta for €13.5 million

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->