2017 Summer Transfers and Rumors Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

jniklast

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2007
There were even reports Hannover 96 would be in play. I guess if that's true H96 couldn't afford the wages.

I don't understand it either from Dortmund's pov.

Mor has not shown the attitude required to reach is potential apparently and frankly he has not progressed one bit. I don't think he will ever fulfill the potential. Immensely talented, incredible skill, but just not smart enough to ever make a real impact on the highest level imo.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Cause they clearly are not good enough for a team that wants to win the PL or go far in the CL...

I know Can since he was 15 or so...

The PL suits his game and he is a very good player but if you want to win things, he is not good enough. There is a reason why Bayern let him go without much ressistance back then. He is IMO in that sense similar to a guy like Mustafi. I always cringe when these guys suit up for our NT...

Even worse for Mignolet who just might be the worst keeper of any top20 team in Europe (and its not even all that close)...

Henderson, Wijnaldum, Lovren and Mignolet are all more than good enough, and still improving. Can I'm still on the fence about but we'll see as time goes on. I don't think he's a smart enough player to be someone who helps Liverpool push to the title or win trophies but I think he can be a good depth piece.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I believe Sakho is still at Liverpool because nobody will meet Liverpool's valuation of the player. And when you would rather play Ragnar Klavan or even Lucas Leiva than play this player, it is time to lower your valuation. Just IMO.

Pretty much. They're asking for more than 30M for a player they deemed as inferior to anything they had.
Everyone knows they want to get rid of him so obviously, they'll lowball them til they get him for dirty cheap.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Pretty much. They're asking for more than 30M for a player they deemed as inferior to anything they had.
Everyone knows they want to get rid of him so obviously, they'll lowball them til they get him for dirty cheap.

Everyone knew Liverpool wanted to get of Benteke and they still broke even.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Luan, the best player in Brazil right now (also the best player in the Olympics out-playing Gabigol and Jesus), close to a move to Spartak Moscou for 20m euros. Really strange that no team from the big markets went after him, he's money. All arounder foward (can also play as an attacking midfielder) similar style to Firmino but has a better shot and is a really good FK taker.

Could also mean that Promes will move in the next window.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Henderson, Wijnaldum, Lovren and Mignolet are all more than good enough, and still improving. Can I'm still on the fence about but we'll see as time goes on. I don't think he's a smart enough player to be someone who helps Liverpool push to the title or win trophies but I think he can be a good depth piece.

Yeah I really disagree with that....

If Liverpool wants to be a longterm top4 team they need to replace these guys in their first 11.

These guys are not good enough for a top level team.

Jul 7, 2009
Gary Jacob is saying Southampton are adamant that Van Dijk will not be sold this summer and are apperantly prepared to leave him out of the squad during the season.

Edo

The Mightiest Club
Jun 7, 2003
vancouver
wowhockey.com
It's stupid money, but selling him (if it happens) is dumb. They probably finish about the same in the table (no VVD and they're not getting near top 4) but it's hard to lose your most talented player a few days before the first match and not feel like it's a tragedy. There will be riots.

This is why I get upset at Liverpool fans. Again, you lose your best player, and again, you think the team will be a top club. Like, get out of here.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Coutinho isn't Liverpool's best player. Let's get that clear. But because he is from Brazil and plays midfield while scoring and assisting a lot he is of extreme value to any purchasing club.

Edo

The Mightiest Club
Jun 7, 2003
vancouver
wowhockey.com
Unlike most when I say things, right or wrong, I own up to them and I also actually provide more than just sour one liners or attacking statements to things other people say. Henderson is a top 5 player in his role, and I still maintain that when he's healthy. Ibe stagnated and Sterling is clearly better, but they're also still very young.

As far as the point thing is concerned Arsenal had to win 5 games in a row and 7 of their last 8 just to finish 1 point behind Liverpool. Why is it that Liverpool is being looked as some kind of fluke into the top 4 and you're so optimistic about Arsenal or something? That includes a time when both Coutinho, Mane and Matip were injured as well having AFCON issues and Lovren getting injured, Henderson getting injured, and Firmino having injury/legal troubles in the middle of the season when we went on a terrible run of form. If anything Liverpool were unlucky to finish as low as they did considering their injury/fitness/squad depth woes. The team this year will be deeper, and in theory should be healthier as well as just better overall and more developed together.

But to each their own.

Arsenal's starting XI in game 1 of the 2016-2017 Premier League season against Liverpool.

Sanchez
Iwobi-Ramsey-Walcott
Coquelin-ElNeny
Bellerin-Chambers-Holding-Monreal

Against a full Liverpool starting XI. Liverpool barely won. Is why Arsenal finished behind you guys. Simple as that.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Arsenal's starting XI in game 1 of the 2016-2017 Premier League season against Liverpool.

Sanchez
Iwobi-Ramsey-Walcott
Coquelin-ElNeny
Bellerin-Chambers-Holding-Monreal

Against a full Liverpool starting XI. Liverpool barely won. Is why Arsenal finished behind you guys. Simple as that.

Losing the game at Anfield didn't help you lot either.

This is why I get upset at Liverpool fans. Again, you lose your best player, and again, you think the team will be a top club. Like, get out of here.

If the season started today, with the rosters as they are, Liverpool will not finish in the Top 4.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Gary Jacob is saying Southampton are adamant that Van Dijk will not be sold this summer and are apperantly prepared to leave him out of the squad during the season.

Not really sure how that is ethical or legal, but it just means no one besides LFC will pay their price tag, and they are being spiteful.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Everyone knew Liverpool wanted to get of Benteke and they still broke even.

Liverpool is exponentially better at selling players than they are at buying players.

Their front office is a joke.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Not really sure how that is ethical or legal, but it just means no one besides LFC will pay their price tag, and they are being spiteful.

Are you serious? Liverpool is doing something similar with Sakho.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland

Do you even read anything people post? (I would say no).

To spell it out for you, even with him, I think Liverpool will struggle to be in the top 5. It's not impossible, but I don't expect that their defense is good enough. They need a center back and probably a midfield who can attack without losing Coutinho. Adding VVD, staying healthy (they're already not) and they have a shot. But it's a crap shoot.

They're going to score goals and Klopp is a better manager in getting something out of players deemed mediocre than most around him, but they're a player or two short without taking away one of their better players.

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
...And who's the 3rd choice? Masche? Vermaelen?

We're ****ed.

I still think they're signing Iñigo Martinez. There was too much smoke in spanish media

If this is true and if Athletic's CBs are off the table as well, I would like to see them go after Lemos. But yeah, adding another quality defender is ideal

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Arsenal lost a lot of matches because their squad wasn't good enough and their manager has lost the plot. They had injuries and their defense is mediocre. What's new?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad