2017 Summer Transfers and Rumors Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
The circumstances in which Coutinho would be sold this summer (130-150 million pounds) are not coming. At least I don't think anyone's dumb enough to offer that.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Its been a week that this was supposedly a done deal. A week where Liverpool did not buy a single player, where the player did not comment on leaving, and one where he reported to training every single day they had it. There were reports from one side that he didn't go to training on a day when nobody trained. One today that said he was no longer going to train while he was at the facility.

There is not even a single rumor of a replacement from the Liverpool side of the equation. Every reporter on that side says Liverpool will not take offers. It would also be a lot worse for the club's supporter relations to suddenly change their mind after saying over and over again the player won't be sold.

It is clear what is going on here. There are some reporters trying to make their credibility off this saga.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but the circumstances around Neymar weren't dissimilar

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Yeah Watzke will fold like a lawn chair unfortunately.

I am a Bayern supporter but it is a damn shame that Dembele will be leaving the BL after just one season when he still has 4 years left, is on a very cheap contract and will probably easily get you the same amount of money 11 months from now...

Anything below 130 M would be a cruel joke given the fact that Rennes probably will get around 15-20 % of the fee regardless...
I get that Dortmund is a selling club but you don't sell the guy you really struck gold with after just one season 3 weeks before the end of the transfer window.

Just horrible management. He will probably buy another Schurrle type player for 50 M to replace him 2 weeks from now...

Damn shame that Watzke doesn't have the stones to just say no. Dembele would easily get 120 M+ next season if not more (after the world cup). He is also on a really cheap contract.

He simply should not be for sale right now at all. Doesn't matter if he really wants to go. Tell him it is too late and that he can leave next season if the money is right.

This really upsets me. I want the BL to grow and BVB finally be able to challenge Bayern long term. But that will never happen if they make moves like this.

De Bruyne 2.0....

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
According to sport-bild and other sources Emre Mor will leave BvB for Inter..

link added:
http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/...el_mor-vor-dem-absprung-zu-inter-mailand.html

Probably on loan with a buying option.

Well if that happens and Dembele leaves as well, there's almost no choice. Can't go into the season with Schurrle as the 3rd winger.

I don't know why they are so quick to sell Mor, if Dembele leaves. I'd keep him around, I think he could be a big help to us this season. I just don't think you can really have Dembele and Mor on the same pitch, there's only one ball. Dembele kind of ruined Mor's chance, but if Dembele leaves, it could open up a chance for Mor.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Yeah Watzke will fold like a lawn chair unfortunately.

I am a Bayern supporter but it is a damn shame that Dembele will be leaving the BL after just one season when he still has 4 years left, is on a very cheap contract and will probably easily get you the same amount of money 11 months from now...

Anything below 130 M would be a cruel joke given the fact that Rennes probably will get around 15-20 % of the fee regardless...
I get that Dortmund is a selling club but you don't sell the guy you really struck gold with after just one season 3 weeks before the end of the transfer window.

Just horrible management. He will probably buy another Schurrle type player for 50 M to replace him 2 weeks from now...

Damn shame that Watzke doesn't have the stones to just say no. Dembele would easily get 120 M+ next season if not more (after the world cup). He is also on a really cheap contract.

He simply should not be for sale right now at all. Doesn't matter if he really wants to go. Tell him it is too late and that he can leave next season if the money is right.

This really upsets me. I want the BL to grow and BVB finally be able to challenge Bayern long term. But that will never happen if they make moves like this.

De Bruyne 2.0....

Yeah Rennes get 20%.

Their chances of winning anything apart from the Pokal hinged on getting a year or two of Dembele's best. Instead they'll just move on to the next child to be resold. Players like Bellarabi and Schürrle were Tuchel's targets. Watzke would rather profit off of a kid like Sancho.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Well if that happens and Dembele leaves as well, there's almost no choice. Can't go into the season with Schurrle as the 3rd winger.

I don't know why they are so quick to sell Mor, if Dembele leaves. I'd keep him around, I think he could be a big help to us this season. I just don't think you can really have Dembele and Mor on the same pitch, there's only one ball. Dembele kind of ruined Mor's chance, but if Dembele leaves, it could open up a chance for Mor.

Schürrle would be the second winger with Pulisic. Phillipp isn't a true winger and Reus is injured.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
If Barca sign both Dembele and Coutinho, then swapping Neymar for those 2 players would be a pretty good trade for them. Coutinho can play CM and LW, and Dembele as well.

I hope Valverde gives Denis Suarez more chance this season.

Btw Galatasaray said they're trying to sign Arda Turan.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Yeah Rennes get 20%.

Their chances of winning anything apart from the Pokal hinged on getting a year or two of Dembele's best. Instead they'll just move on to the next child to be resold. Players like Bellarabi and Schürrle were Tuchel's targets. Watzke would rather profit off of a kid like Sancho.

Well they just paid over 20 M for freaking Maximilian Philipp so I am not quite on board with you when it comes to Watzke and Zorc being good in the transfer market.

They are amazing when it comes to discovering young talent and buying that for cheap.

But whenever they have money to spend, it usually does not work out all too well. Only exception was maybe Mikhi but he basically also had only 1 or 1.5 good years before he was sold anyways and the net "profit" of the transaction was less than 15 million in the end. Never understood why they did not buy Eriksen back then...

I really don't rate them when it comes to having to spend money. They usually fail at that. Which is no surprise honestly. Because established players of the quality that Dortmund needs won't sign for the wages or even in general with Dortmund. So they end up with the Schuerrles or Immobiles of this world for way too much money...

They have to always go for the Dembeles of this world IMO and that is clearly the right move. But you freaking don't sell those guys after one season with 4 years left on their contracts in the mid of August...

If they get 120 M for Dembele they should just offer 100 M to Leverkusen for Tah, Henrichs and Brandt... (basically CB and RB is IMO the positions that Dortmund somehow always fail to upgrade when it is really necessary to do so looking at their current defense+ Dembele replacement). Too bad that Voeller is smarter than Watzke and would decline that in an instant..

Probably go for something dumb like Mahrez for 50-60 M or a similar middle aged guy that won't be worth it at all and command significantly higher wages than Dembele...

Last edited:

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004

There were even reports Hannover 96 would be in play. I guess if that's true H96 couldn't afford the wages.

I don't understand it either from Dortmund's pov.

Epictetus

YNWA
Jan 2, 2010
Ontario
If they do sell Coutinho, not sure about any direct replacements, as others have mentioned. But moving Firmino to the 10, and signing a top-tier striker is anther alternative. Torres. Suarez. Sturridge. There's been some success there, and of course misses also. I have no idea who that would be exactly, but it seems there are more strikers to choose from.

Jul 7, 2009
...And who's the 3rd choice? Masche? Vermaelen?

We're ****ed.

I still think they're signing Iñigo Martinez. There was too much smoke in spanish media

Someone mentioned it was because we offered 25 million and Rifinha which doesn't make much sense to me.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
If they do sell Coutinho, not sure about any direct replacements, as others have mentioned. But moving Firmino to the 10, and signing a top-tier striker is anther alternative. Torres. Suarez. Sturridge. There's been some success there, and of course misses also. I have no idea who that would be exactly, but it seems there are more strikers to choose from.

I really don't think they will sell Coutinho. Would be even worse than Dortmund selling Dembele IMO..

But while I am baffled with Dortmund in the transfer market when they aren't going the cheap talent route (where they are unmatched in Europe probably tbh), Liverpool might be even worse.

Why the hell is Sakho still there?
What is the plan with Sturridge? Why not sell him for 60 M to West Ham or Crystal Palace and buy a freaking quality CB and CM ?

I always had a soft spot for Klopp and therefore Pool is my favorite PL team but Juergen isn't doing all that great of a job in the transfermarket once he gets rebuffed for his primary targets unfortunately....

VVD might still happen but I wonder why we haven't heard about alternatives yet. Lovren again? Really?

Keita probably will have better offers next season regardless when his clause can be activated (hopefully Bayern is in the mix). Waiting for him seems a bit risky to say the least.

And Can, Hendo and Wijnaldum as your CMs? Please...

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Well they just paid over 20 M for freaking Maximilian Philipp so I am not quite on board with you when it comes to Watzke and Zorc being good in the transfer market.

They are amazing when it comes to discovering young talent and buying that for cheap.

But whenever they have money to spend, it usually does not work out all too well. Only exception was maybe Mikhi but he basically also had only 1 or 1.5 good years before he was sold anyways and the net "profit" of the transaction was less than 15 million in the end. Never understood why they did not buy Eriksen back then...

I really don't rate them when it comes to having to spend money. They usually fail at that. Which is no surprise honestly. Because established players of the quality that Dortmund needs won't sign for the wages or even in general with Dortmund. So they end up with the Schuerrles or Immobiles of this world for way too much money...

They have to always go for the Dembeles of this world IMO and that is clearly the right move. But you freaking don't sell those guys after one season with 4 years left on their contracts in the mid of August...

If they get 120 M for Dembele they should just offer 100 M to Leverkusen for Tah, Henrichs and Brandt... (basically CB and RB is IMO the positions that Dortmund somehow always fail to upgrade when it is really necessary to do so looking at their current defense+ Dembele replacement). Too bad that Voeller is smarter than Watzke and would decline that in an instant..

Probably go for something dumb like Mahrez for 50-60 M or a similar middle aged guy that won't be worth it at all and command significantly higher wages than Dembele...

I like the Philipp deal actually. Not a crazy discount like some of the deals they've gotten but I think he'll be a good part of the team. I think you can keep the scouting staff who find these players and get rid of Watzke.

Other than that, I fully agree. At the very least they should try to optimize their roster every other year if they do have to sell off these guys. Give your fans a more competitive team and don't just take their undying support for granted (even if it is). After a year of regrouping from selling Hummels, Mkhi, and Gündogan and still performing well, Tuchel should have been rewarded with a strengthened roster on top of Dembele. Instead, both are gone, and we just have another year of struggling to 3rd place in the league.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I really don't think they will sell Coutinho. Would be even worse than Dortmund selling Dembele IMO..

But while I am baffled with Dortmund in the transfer market when they aren't going the cheap talent route (where they are unmatched in Europe probably tbh), Liverpool might be even worse.

Why the hell is Sakho still there?
What is the plan with Sturridge? Why not sell him for 60 M to West Ham or Crystal Palace and buy a freaking quality CB and CM ?

Can't answer the Sakho one, I really have no idea. Sturridge is going to be the backup striker. That's what I want them to do with Sturridge. It is inevitable they will need him in a big game, then he will play and score because that's always what happens. Then he'll get hurt again. I don't think any team would pay more than 25m for somebody so injured, and it's just not worth selling him for that.

I always had a soft spot for Klopp and therefore Pool is my favorite PL team but Juergen isn't doing all that great of a job in the transfermarket once he gets rebuffed for his primary targets unfortunately....

VVD might still happen but I wonder why we haven't heard about alternatives yet. Lovren again? Really?

Keita probably will have better offers next season regardless when his clause can be activated (hopefully Bayern is in the mix). Waiting for him seems a bit risky to say the least.

And Can, Hendo and Wijnaldum as your CMs? Please...

I don't think it's only Klopp. Liverpool have a bunch of no-marks handling negotiations. And Coutinho is going to play CM this year.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Oh yes. Those midfielders were absolutely awful in particular against the other top teams in England. No idea why they're still there.

Meh that is more on Klopp and his playing style usually working best against the top teams. Has always been his strength.

IMO they are in a unique position that Mane, Coutinho, Firminho and now hopefully Salah are exactly the type of players Klopp can transform into a special offense.

But with Can/Hendo/Lovren/Mignolet behind them that unique potential is wasted..

Those guys simply don't have the quality needed to win big things...

Keita would have elevated them in a crazy way. But there is no excuse to just stand pat after getting rebuffed for him. Same for VVD (still don't think the Saints will sell him to Pool after all that happened. Think he will go to Chelsea or City).

@ Live in the Now:

I get that. But IMO Sturridge is wasted on the bench . He probably can get you 50-60M in this market from the right mid-tier PL team and IMO that money should be used to fix the aforementioned holes on the roster.

I really want Pool to win things this season. But with this roster it won't happen unfortunately. I really like Robertson for some weird reason so I am fine with them not getting another LB but CB and CDM desperately needs to be upgraded IMO if they want to find success.

Otherwise I am not even sure they will make top4. The brutal PL schedule+ international football is not exactly great for Klopps philosophy and with that talent disadvantage he has expecially in these positions, I am not sure that they will make it. Which would be a damn shame...

Last edited:

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
I have no doubt in my mind that nobody would pay €60m on Sturridge.

He has a big salary and he is always injured fee teams would go that route

hersky77

Oct 29, 2007
Meh that is more on Klopp and his playing style usually working best against the top teams. Has always been his strength.

IMO they are in a unique position that Mane, Coutinho, Firminho and now hopefully Salah are exactly the type of players Klopp can transform into a special offense.

But with Can/Hendo/Lovren/Mignolet behind them that unique potential is wasted..

Those guys simply don't have the quality needed to win big things...

Keita would have elevated them in a crazy way. But there is no excuse to just stand pat after getting rebuffed for him. Same for VVD (still don't think the Saints will sell him to Pool after all that happened. Think he will go to Chelsea or City).

@ Live in the Now:

I get that. But IMO Sturridge is wasted on the bench . He probably can get you 50-60M in this market from the right mid-tier PL team and IMO that money should be used to fix the aforementioned holes on the roster.

I really want Pool to win things this season. But with this roster it won't happen unfortunately. I really like Robertson for some weird reason so I am fine with them not getting another LB but CB and CDM desperately needs to be upgraded IMO if they want to find success.

Otherwise I am not even sure they will make top4. The brutal PL schedule+ international football is not exactly great for Klopps philosophy and with that talent disadvantage he has expecially in these positions, I am not sure that they will make it. Which would be a damn shame...

Huh those two were instrumental in Liverpool getting back into Europe. Not exactly sure why you mention them.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Huh those two were instrumental in Liverpool getting back into Europe. Not exactly sure why you mention them.

Cause they clearly are not good enough for a team that wants to win the PL or go far in the CL...

I know Can since he was 15 or so...

The PL suits his game and he is a very good player but if you want to win things, he is not good enough. There is a reason why Bayern let him go without much ressistance back then. He is IMO in that sense similar to a guy like Mustafi. I always cringe when these guys suit up for our NT...

Even worse for Mignolet who just might be the worst keeper of any top20 team in Europe (and its not even all that close)...

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I like the Philipp deal actually. Not a crazy discount like some of the deals they've gotten but I think he'll be a good part of the team. I think you can keep the scouting staff who find these players and get rid of Watzke.

Other than that, I fully agree. At the very least they should try to optimize their roster every other year if they do have to sell off these guys. Give your fans a more competitive team and don't just take their undying support for granted (even if it is). After a year of regrouping from selling Hummels, Mkhi, and Gündogan and still performing well, Tuchel should have been rewarded with a strengthened roster on top of Dembele. Instead, both are gone, and we just have another year of struggling to 3rd place in the league.

Philipp was money well spent with how injury prone Reus is and the experience gap between Auba & Isak. He's like a rich man's Schurrle.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
I believe Sakho is still at Liverpool because nobody will meet Liverpool's valuation of the player. And when you would rather play Ragnar Klavan or even Lucas Leiva than play this player, it is time to lower your valuation. Just IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad