2017 Summer Transfers and Rumors Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Coutinho's just not going to rage out. That's the only thing that can push his transfer through, and I don't see it.

He'll leave next summer though.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
lol. As usual, the talk about "internal deadlines" and "not this summer" is just bluster. Letting him go AFTER ONE YEAR. ahahaha.

Better hold onto Mor.

True but they made a **** load of money off of him. Nothing like the backstabbers Hummels and Lewandowski.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
More and more sources saying Coutinho's a done deal. 81.6m GBP base fee plus bonuses that bring it to 108.8m

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
True but they made a **** load of money off of him. Nothing like the backstabbers Hummels and Lewandowski.

They'd make a **** load of money off of him next summer too. After the WC and Barca and Real will surely be bidding to outdo each other with Mbappe/Dembele as they did with Neymar/Bale.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
lol. As usual, the talk about "internal deadlines" and "not this summer" is just bluster. Letting him go AFTER ONE YEAR. ahahaha.

Better hold onto Mor.

I'm actually worried that this might give Dortmund a leg up on Sancho as it will open a spot for him.

I'm just hoping it's true that Sancho really wants to return to London and being able to play with his best friend is enough to convince him to sign with Arsenal.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
They'd make a **** load of money off of him next summer too. After the WC and Barca and Real will surely be bidding to outdo each other with Mbappe/Dembele as they did with Neymar/Bale.

Fair point.

I'm actually worried that this might give Dortmund a leg up on Sancho as it will open a spot for him.

I'm just hoping it's true that Sancho really wants to return to London and being able to play with his best friend is enough to convince him to sign with Arsenal.

TBH I'd be devastated if it doesn't happen. All of his IG followers are basically Arsenal players. His best friend has a bright future at Arsenal, etc...

But he'll develop better away from England IMO.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011

tbh Dortmund already had too many forwards with Dembele on the roster. I don't even care about signing a highly touted talent from abroad as the putative Dembele replacement if they're also signalling to that talent that he can leave after one year if a big enough offer comes in.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
More and more sources saying Coutinho's a done deal. 81.6m GBP base fee plus bonuses that bring it to 108.8m

Still none reliable and still no word whatsoever from the other club that they're willing to sell. It's like Verratti all over again.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York

I saw a report the other day that if Dembele leaves, Sancho joins Dortmund.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015

Besides ESPN which other sources are reporting?

I've seen a couple of Twitter accounts, that have actually called some transfers correctly so far, reporting talks but not confirmed.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
If it's Arsenal or Dortmund I hope that Sancho goes to Dortmund. Would much rather see him develop there and then get sold to an elite club. Legitimate star in the making; I rate him as highly as I do Woodburn.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
This time most Barca fans will be happy with that outcome.

Its been a week that this was supposedly a done deal. A week where Liverpool did not buy a single player, where the player did not comment on leaving, and one where he reported to training every single day they had it. There were reports from one side that he didn't go to training on a day when nobody trained. One today that said he was no longer going to train while he was at the facility.

There is not even a single rumor of a replacement from the Liverpool side of the equation. Every reporter on that side says Liverpool will not take offers. It would also be a lot worse for the club's supporter relations to suddenly change their mind after saying over and over again the player won't be sold.

It is clear what is going on here. There are some reporters trying to make their credibility off this saga.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
If Dembele goes, at a minimum I want Sancho to join and signing someone like Havertz or Kluivert. I'd also wait to see if Martial can come, if Bale joins United, assuming Mbappe joins Real. And an Asensio loan is another idea I'd explore.

But thats just for the attack. Need a new RB. You get all that money, no excuses not to sign a starting RB. I'd also want a back up keeper and back up DM.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
If Dembele goes, at a minimum I want Sancho to join and signing someone like Havertz or Kluivert. I'd also wait to see if Martial can come, if Bale joins United, assuming Mbappe joins Real. And an Ansesio loan is another idea I'd explore.

But thats just for the attack. Need a new RB. You get all that money, no excuses not to sign a starting RB. I'd also want a back up keeper and back up DM.

lol it's too late for all that. And there are still basically 9 forwards for 4 spots even if Dembele is gone. Unless they cut the dreck like Schürrle and Rode from the roster, they can't add a bunch more guys. I agree that a RB, DM, and keeper would be nice, but Watzke and co don't see it that way.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
That deal was also 100% done according to the people who are running with the Coutinho story. Even Sport and Marca said that Barcelona paid his release clause.

Buyer beware.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
lol it's too late for all that. And there are still basically 9 forwards for 4 spots even if Dembele is gone. Unless they cut the dreck like Schürrle and Rode from the roster, they can't add a bunch more guys. I agree that a RB, DM, and keeper would be nice, but Watzke and co don't see it that way.

I think they'll have to do something, if they sell Dembele. If you sell one, you gotta at least make the effort to show you are willing to replace that player with the next up and comer.

Its always claimed that its too late in the window to make any signings, once it gets to August. These situations aren't ideal, but teams don't close early because its August. They'll accept the offer, if it meets their price. We'll bring in someone, if Dembele goes.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
I think they'll have to do something, if they sell Dembele. If you sell one, you gotta at least make the effort to show you are willing to replace that player with the next up and comer.

Its always claimed that its too late in the window to make any signings, once it gets to August. These situations aren't ideal, but teams don't close early because its August. They'll accept the offer, if it meets their price. We'll bring in someone, if Dembele goes.

Maybe someone. I don't see them buying a lot of players. The potential for steals when other clubs know you are sitting on 120M is gone unless the player has a release clause, and Watzke would rather sit on the money than pay an inflated price 10 times out of 10.

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Its been a week that this was supposedly a done deal. A week where Liverpool did not buy a single player, where the player did not comment on leaving, and one where he reported to training every single day they had it. There were reports from one side that he didn't go to training on a day when nobody trained. One today that said he was no longer going to train while he was at the facility.

There is not even a single rumor of a replacement from the Liverpool side of the equation. Every reporter on that side says Liverpool will not take offers. It would also be a lot worse for the club's supporter relations to suddenly change their mind after saying over and over again the player won't be sold.

It is clear what is going on here. There are some reporters trying to make their credibility off this saga.
I still have doubt until FSG pull another Suarez and issue a statement that Coutinho would not be sold under any circonstance.

The owners/DoF have been handling this terribly wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->